Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals All-State Team
Granny Bear Wrote:Spud is THE most unbiased person on this site. He compiled votes from different people to make this list as a representation of BGR member's choices. It's totally ridiculous to allude that he was under pressure or listed to propaganda, etc. Bet you accusers watch CNN news!!.

Now, if you don't like the choices, next time YOU volunteer to be on the committee. You don't have to agree with every choice; I certainly don't. But what good are your smart ass comments doing?

If you are this easily offended by this thread, then don't read it.

It's a waste of time Granny trying to explain anything to some on here. Some of these guys think that if you don't agree with them it's a tragedy. The only correct opinion is their opinion. God forbid somebody on here try to do something to recognize a few kids for having a good year. It's just a small few but that small few is running some good posters off this site. You don't have to be a genius to figure out who they are either. Two of them are on this very thread. If BGR dont do something with these folks this site will turn into a joke.
#55PirateFan Wrote:It's a waste of time Granny trying to explain anything to some on here. Some of these guys think that if you don't agree with them it's a tragedy. The only correct opinion is their opinion. God forbid somebody on here try to do something to recognize a few kids for having a good year. It's just a small few but that small few is running some good posters off this site. You don't have to be a genius to figure out who they are either. Two of them are on this very thread. If BGR dont do something with these folks this site will turn into a joke.

YOU'RE the one who got bent out of shape and started attacking people for having a different opinion, whiner!:goofy:
Fun fact: The 4A runner - up has the same number of players on the team as Trinity, Covington Catholic, Male, and Johnson Central combined.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Fun fact: The 4A runner - up has the same number of players on the team as Trinity, Covington Catholic, Male, and Johnson Central combined.

Fact that most miss, sometimes the best team doesn't win. The underdog sometimes upsets them. So that team may have had the best players.
#55PirateFan Wrote:It's a waste of time Granny trying to explain anything to some on here. Some of these guys think that if you don't agree with them it's a tragedy. The only correct opinion is their opinion. God forbid somebody on here try to do something to recognize a few kids for having a good year. It's just a small few but that small few is running some good posters off this site. You don't have to be a genius to figure out who they are either. Two of them are on this very thread. If BGR dont do something with these folks this site will turn into a joke.
How is that wasting your time, If I merely asked you...... Why are you glad or happy to see certain player off the all state team cause you're tired of seeing the young man's name on other MORE important list than BGR? But seriously no need to explain, WE ALL know why. Happy New New to all.
FBfan4life Wrote:How is that wasting your time, If I merely asked you...... Why are you glad or happy to see certain player off the all state team cause you're tired of seeing the young man's name on other MORE important list than BGR? But seriously no need to explain, WE ALL know why. Happy New New to all.

First of all I wasn't talking about you. And I said I'm glad because again, in my opinion, Beau Allen was not the best QB this year. And if those other lists are MORE important than BGR then what are you doing on here talking about it? And what do "WE ALL" know? If its what I think it is then I'll be very happy to explain.
#55PirateFan Wrote:First of all I wasn't talking about you. And I said I'm glad because again, in my opinion, Beau Allen was not the best QB this year. And if those other lists are MORE important than BGR then what are you doing on here talking about it? And what do "WE ALL" know? If its what I think it is then I'll be very happy to explain.

I know you weren't talking bout me sir, but I still want to know why make such statement? To say a student/ athletes should belong to a list or why they didn't make it.... is different than saying "glad to see" certain player(s) NOT on the list. Does that make sense? Oh and why Am I here talking about it? CAUSE I CAN.
fbfan4life Wrote:i know you weren't talking bout me sir, but i still want to know why make such statement? To say a student/ athletes should belong to a list or why they didn't make it.... Is different than saying "glad to see" certain player(s) not on the list. Does that make sense? Oh and why am i here talking about it? Cause i can.

Because I can.
FWIW,
Just my humble opinion, but if Allen is not the best QB in the State I would probably take Duby, Sheron, and maybe even Hartz ahead of Lanter.

Lanter was a tremendous QB this year, but he also had without a doubt the single best arsenal of weapons at his disposal and a tremendous Oline protecting him. He had literally the second best football player in KY as his primary weapon, a Notre Dame commit, and arguably the State's most under-appreciated receiver in Colwick as well.

None of the guys above had anything remotely close to that overall talent and they put up similar or even in some cases better numbers.

Just my opinion but I would go:
1. Allen (Had very average talent around him and had to will his team to victory several times. Great with his feet as well)
2. Sheron (Only player on the list with a Title this year. Big time recruit and dominated both passing and running.)
3. Duby (amazing numbers and to take Tates Creek to the 6A Semi's is no small feat)
4. Lanter (Nothing negative except the fact that he had so many luxuries the other QB's didn't have. I think possibly any of the three above would have the exact same stat lines at Boyle as him if not better)
5. Hartz (best numbers of all, but against the weakest competition and he struggled against the best teams)
#55PirateFan Wrote:Because I can.

Well he made all those list cause he deserved so and oh you all forgot bout Owensboro Cath QB Drew Hartz, he put up way better numbers than any all state list.
since no one else is taking a stab at it and just complaining i'll make my team:

Offense:

Qb - Beau Allen (Lex Cath)
RB - Braedon Slone (Wayne County)
RB - Jeriah Hightower (Madisonsville North-Hopkins)
WR - Miles Thomas (Tates Creek)
WR - Izayah Cummings (Male)
TE - Michael Meyer (Covington Catholic)
OL - Walker Parks (Fredrick Douglas)
OL - John Young (CAL)
OL - Ethan Wolford (Belfry)
OL - Dane Jackson (Madison Southern)
OL - Jager Burton (Fredrick Douglas)
Ath - London Stephney (Bell County)
K - Jefferey Sexton (St X)

Defense:

DL - Wilson Kelly (Boyle County)
DL - Octavius Oxedine (North Hardin)
DL - Demetri Scott (Desales)
DL - Tyler Roberson (Trinity)
LB - Devon Johnson (Johnson Central)
LB - Brycen Huddleston (Highlands)
LB - Hunter McCloud (Johnson Central)
DB - Vito Tisdale (BG)
DB - Devin Neal (FD)
DB - Reece Smith (Boyle County)

P - Eli Burwash (BG)
And you all think I was talking bout this Beau kid. In reality Drew should be in ALL the list as an all state QB.
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:since no one else is taking a stab at it and just complaining i'll make my team:

Offense:

OL - John Young (CAL)

Defense:

DB - Vito Tisdale (BG)
DB - Devin Neal (FD)

P - Eli Burwash (BG)
thank you, a much better list lol but you might have to remove that qb haha
FBfan4life Wrote:thank you, a much better list lol but you might have to remove that qb haha

felt like their were def some homer picks on the list they made but to each their own .. :eyeroll:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Fun fact: The 4A runner - up has the same number of players on the team as Trinity, Covington Catholic, Male, and Johnson Central combined.

And not one Boyle fan had anything to do with it.
Rebel55 Wrote:And not one Boyle fan had anything to do with it.
I never said otherwise.
i didn't think reed was the best qb this year, give beau boyle's team and it's another story .. i like reese better on defense than offense because i like miles thomas think he's a stud .. dane jackson is one of the best ol i've seen all year that's why i put him on there .. while wine is a solid player he didn't have all state numbers this year and to have him on there over the kid from trinity is crazy .. same with jaylen allen and bohler .. huddleston and mccloud are better players and had better years imo .. especially mccloud
Cattleman Wrote:Fact that most miss, sometimes the best team doesn't win. The underdog sometimes upsets them. So that team may have had the best players.
I don't think I am missing much. I am pretty confident when I say that in a hypothetical game between Trinity and Boyle County, the best four players on the field would not all be on Boyle Countys team.
FBfan4life Wrote:Well he made all those list cause he deserved so and oh you all forgot bout Owensboro Cath QB Drew Hartz, he put up way better numbers than any all state list.

Luke Duby. Second all time for state of Kentucky in passing yards for a season with 4685. Two games over 500 yards passing (535 and 537), leading rusher on team, over 5100 total offensive yards, led team to state semifinals for the first time in 20 years. Missed 1 and a quarter games due to injury. Just saying.
Frank Martin Wrote:Luke Duby. Second all time for state of Kentucky in passing yards for a season with 4685. Two games over 500 yards passing (535 and 537), leading rusher on team, over 5100 total offensive yards, led team to state semifinals for the first time in 20 years. Missed 1 and a quarter games due to injury. Just saying.

That just answered all our question about this BGR all state selection. A student/ athlete like Luke doesn't even crack a peek.
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:since no one else is taking a stab at it and just complaining i'll make my team:

Offense:

OL - John Young (CAL)

Defense:

DB - Vito Tisdale (BG)
DB - Devin Neal (FD)

P - Eli Burwash (BG)

I can NOT believe you didn't list Stepheny!!!

Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:I can NOT believe you didn't list Stepheny!!!

Smile

he's there as an athlete .. dont worry he would be implemented into the game plan :lmao:
Offense:

OL - John Young (CAL)
OL - Andrew Clifton (Johnson Central)

Defense:

DB - Vito Tisdale (BG)
DB - Devin Neal (FD)

P - Eli Burwash (BG)

You don’t need to talk to me that way#55PirateFan, I still love you and I hope I am not so hard headed that I don’t respect other people’s opinions and like I said I usually don’t comment on threads like these because I really don’t like them. I might be to old to understand sometimes but I try to be honest. Don’t be mad at me you still are my buddy and will always be.
CovCath Mayer should have been on defense also.
What's wild to me is that aside from Tyler Roberson there's not really any Trinity players that belong on an all-state list this year. Yet I still wholeheartedly think they're the best team in state.
Isaac dixon-RB-BELFRY. ASK BELL COUNTY ABOUT HIM.
CarzyRock Wrote:What's wild to me is that aside from Tyler Roberson there's not really any Trinity players that belong on an all-state list this year. Yet I still wholeheartedly think they're the best team in state.

My son just played on the same team with Roberson in the All American Bowl in Atlanta this past Monday and I can tell you without any doubt, Tyler Roberson was a man amongst boys out there against some of the best in the nation. He had a couple tackles for loss and he blocked a punt and recovered it in the endzone for the TD. He should have been the defensive player of the game. The kid is the real deal. He told me so far he has offers from Ball State, Western Michigan, and Eastern Illinois so far. And he has alot others talking to him. But it's safe to say after his performance in the bowl game, there's plenty more to come.

The kids from Kentucky represented the Bluegrass State very well! DE Tyler Roberson - Trinity, RB Peyton Smith - Walton Verona, and OL Ethan Wolford - Belfry all played on the Grey Squad that won 27-20. Smith ran the ball very well and had positive yards everytime he touched the ball. Wolford played both guard and center and never gave up a sack or missed a block. Everyone of his run blocks pushed his defender at least 5 yards down field with a couple pancakes and his pass blocking was on point. The Kentucky boys really shined. It was a pleasure to watch them play football on a national stage.
CarzyRock Wrote:What's wild to me is that aside from Tyler Roberson there's not really any Trinity players that belong on an all-state list this year. Yet I still wholeheartedly think they're the best team in state.

And I agree CrazyRock, Trinity was the best team in the state and it wasn't even close, IMO. There's only maybe 2-3 teams in the state this year that would have given them much of a game; and even in those games Trinity would have still won. And I know Male beat them in the regular season 20-17 in double overtime but look what happened when they met again in the playoffs. The Rocks won that game 28-7. So to me that loss to Male was just a bad game. And their only other loss was to Cathedral, a out of state team. The Shamrocks were, like in most years, the "Top Dawgs" in the Commonwealth in 2019.