Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BluegrassRivals All-State Team
Offense:

Qb - Reed Lanter (Boyle County)
RB - Braedon Slone (Wayne County)
RB - Jeriah Hightower (Madisonsville North-Hopkins)
WR - Reese Smith (Boyle County)
WR - Izayah Cummings (Male)
TE - Michael Meyer (Covington Catholic)
OL - Walker Parks (Fredrick Douglas)
OL - John Young (CAL)
OL - Ethan Wolford (Belfry)
OL - Mark Goode (Larue County)
OL - Jager Burton (Fredrick Douglas)
Ath - Lindset Stephany (Bell County)
K - Jefferey Sexton (St X)

Defense:

DL - Wilson Kelly
DL - Octavius Oxedine (North Hardin)
DL - Demetri Scott (Desales)
DL - Ethan Wine (Corbin)
LB - Devon Johnson (Johnson Central)
LB - Jaylen Allen (Paintsville)
LB - Hale Bohler (St. X)
DB - Vito Tisdale (BG)
DB - Devin Neal
DB - Ryley Preece (Johnson Central)

P - Jackson Smith

I want to thank the folks who I asked to help compile a list of names to go through and make up the BGR all-state team! They took time out of their schedules to send me their individuals lists and I can’t thank them enough! And for this being out so late that is entirely on me, I wanted to get it up so much earlier and I apologize for that!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Nice looking team
Looks good to me.
Nice looking team. Great job guys. Few things I especially like about this team:

On offense; I'm finally glad to see an All State team where Beau Allen is not the QB1. I'm not hating on this kid. He has had a great career at Lex.Cath. and, IMO, he will have a great career at UK. He is one of the best high school QB's I have seen but he just wasn't the top QB in KY this past year.

On defense; glad Ethan Wine is on here. Wine was hurt some this year and didnt come close to what he did last year but it was because he was hurt. If he hadn't had the injury, not a doubt in my mind that his stats, and play, would have had him on every all state team published.
No offense at all to Jaylen Allen. But if we are being completely objective here, having him ahead of Jon Collum is irresponsible. Literally was statistically higher in every category compared to Jaylyn except sacks. Not taking away from Jaylyns talent or anything like that. But I mean, in terms of importance to the team, ability to impact the game in so many different ways, etc Collum outperformed two years in a row. These are very nice lists and I sincerely wish congrats to all who made them and also those who took time to compile names and vote. But y’all whiffed on leaving Collum off.
PHSForever Wrote:No offense at all to Jaylen Allen. But if we are being completely objective here, having him ahead of Jon Collum is irresponsible. Literally was statistically higher in every category compared to Jaylyn except sacks. Not taking away from Jaylyns talent or anything like that. But I mean, in terms of importance to the team, ability to impact the game in so many different ways, etc Collum outperformed two years in a row. These are very nice lists and I sincerely wish congrats to all who made them and also those who took time to compile names and vote. But y’all whiffed on leaving Collum off.

I gotta disagree with you on this one PHSForever. If I had a vote, I'd take Allen as well and here's why. Collum is a great player, no doubt about it, and one of my favorites to watch all year. He was outstanding against Belfry. But he had studs all over that Panther defense to compliment him all season long. You couldn't simply just run away from Collum because if you did you would just run into another really good player on that Panther D and I think that's why his stats were a little better than Allen's.

Paintsville didnt have near the defense that Pikeville had and teams could, and did, run away from Allen. If you take Collum off of that Pikeville defense, the Panthers still have a very solid defense. You take Allen off of that Paintsville defense, it's a whole other story. The Tigers may have not played in the title game minus Allen. So I think in terms of who was more important to their team, its Allen.

The coaches thought Allen was better too. The Courier Journal had Allen on their 2nd team defense and Collum honorable mention. I do disagree with their decision on that though. You could argue that Collum should have been on the 3rd team C.J. instead of H.M., IMO. Both are great players and only made their teams better.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I gotta disagree with you on this one PHSForever. If I had a vote, I'd take Allen as well and here's why. Collum is a great player, no doubt about it, and one of my favorites to watch all year. He was outstanding against Belfry. But he had studs all over that Panther defense to compliment him all season long. You couldn't simply just run away from Collum because if you did you would just run into another really good player on that Panther D and I think that's why his stats were a little better than Allen's.

Paintsville didnt have near the defense that Pikeville had and teams could, and did, run away from Allen. If you take Collum off of that Pikeville defense, the Panthers still have a very solid defense. You take Allen off of that Paintsville defense, it's a whole other story. The Tigers may have not played in the title game minus Allen. So I think in terms of who was more important to their team, its Allen.

The coaches thought Allen was better too. The Courier Journal had Allen on their 2nd team defense and Collum honorable mention. I do disagree with their decision on that though. You could argue that Collum should have been on the 3rd team C.J. instead of H.M., IMO. Both are great players and only made their teams better.

On the flip side, the fact that Collum had those numbers while surrounded by as many talented players as he was, makes those numbers even more impressive. To me, rising above the rest of an already outstanding defense just makes it even more impressive. Coaches rewarded Allen for being the only defensive stud on a decent Paintsville team, IMO. But I can see where you have your opinion and thanks for being respectful of mine. And congrats to your son.
The only people you hear say that Lanter is better than Allen at QB are Boyle Co. folks. I’ve seen them both play multiple times and it’s not close, Allen is the better QB in every way possible. He may not be the best in the state, I’ve not seen them all, but he would be the QB if I were picking between the two.

While I’m being honest with Boyle fans, some of whom are very down to Earth, let me say this to the rest of them. Reese Smith never played a game at 100% thru his entire HS career according to your fan base. I call BS on that. I’m pretty sure WVU wouldn’t offer someone that couldn’t sustain durability at the HS level to play Power 5 football.
PHSForever Wrote:On the flip side, the fact that Collum had those numbers while surrounded by as many talented players as he was, makes those numbers even more impressive. To me, rising above the rest of an already outstanding defense just makes it even more impressive. Coaches rewarded Allen for being the only defensive stud on a decent Paintsville team, IMO. But I can see where you have your opinion and thanks for being respectful of mine. And congrats to your son.

That is very true my friend. A very valid point about Collum's performance on an already good team being that much more impressive. Like I said, he was one of my favorite players to watch all year. Mr. Collum absolutely dominated us. We couldn't stop him. Even though we lost, it was an honest to God pleasure watching that kid play football. Back to the subject, you could go with Allen or Collum, I don't see how you could go wrong with either pick, IMO. And thanks brother, appreciate what you said about Ethan. Means alot. Especially coming from the Panther Nation!
With all due respect and I mean it in the nicest way possible, useless.
BoondockSaint Wrote:The only people you hear say that Lanter is better than Allen at QB are Boyle Co. folks. I’ve seen them both play multiple times and it’s not close, Allen is the better QB in every way possible. He may not be the best in the state, I’ve not seen them all, but he would be the QB if I were picking between the two.

While I’m being honest with Boyle fans, some of whom are very down to Earth, let me say this to the rest of them. Reese Smith never played a game at 100% thru his entire HS career according to your fan base. I call BS on that. I’m pretty sure WVU wouldn’t offer someone that couldn’t sustain durability at the HS level to play Power 5 football.

lol I never thought about that last paragraph .. that really is all you hear about reese is he’s not 100% every game they lose ..
BoondockSaint Wrote:The only people you hear say that Lanter is better than Allen at QB are Boyle Co. folks. I’ve seen them both play multiple times and it’s not close, Allen is the better QB in every way possible. He may not be the best in the state, I’ve not seen them all, but he would be the QB if I were picking between the two.

Well I just did a quick search on KHSAA and he missed games every year of his high school career so he might have a hard time at the college level.
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:lol I never thought about that last paragraph .. that really is all you hear about reese is he’s not 100% every game they lose ..

They only lost 3 games in the last 3 years, seen the kid with a cast last year after they got beat by Corbin and he said he had his hand operated on from breaking it in the belfry game. As for the other two I don’t know.

Lanter is a talented quarterback but I agree with your comments. IMO he is probably 3-5 in the state. I have said the same thing about Smith and I would add Bartelson to that list also. Never played a game healthy. Smith is a great player and no one can question his toughness but I would certainly have to wonder about his durability. As for Bartelson I just don’t get it, but obviously Notre Dame does and that’s all that matters.
For the record, my post was directed at the overzealousness/excuse making of many Boyle Co. fans, not the kids. Their play speaks for itself and both had more than outstanding careers.
jetpilot Wrote:With all due respect and I mean it in the nicest way possible, useless.

As can be stated about almost all all-state teams and almost all polls. Some of us enjoy discuss these type of things. It's fun for us fans. Therefore, they aren't useless for all of us. The members that put this team together obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, and I think did an outstanding job. So, with all due respect,and I mean this in the nicest way, your opinion means nothing to me as I'm sure mine means nothing to you.
Westside Wrote:As can be stated about almost all all-state teams and almost all polls. Some of us enjoy discuss these type of things. It's fun for us fans. Therefore, they aren't useless for all of us. The members that put this team together obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, and I think did an outstanding job. So, with all due respect,and I mean this in the nicest way, your opinion means nothing to me as I'm sure mine means nothing to you.

Exactly! Almost everyone on here enjoy these type of things. But there's always that one that dont like it just because someone, or not enough, from their team made it. I mean isn't this why this site was created? If not for these type of threads, topics congratulating athletes for their hard work and dedication, then what purpose does it serve?

Saying this thread is useless is a slap in the face to all these young athletes named above. But I guess some people would rather have topics where nothing is going on but a bunch of arguing and name calling about stuff that doesn't matter. Well, this one matters. And if some people don't like it then why not just pass it up and move on to the next topic instead of stopping by and bad mouthing people who try to recognize a few kids who did well this season. Better yet, why not just stop coming on BGR altogether? Because it seems obvious your coming on here for the wrong reasons anyway. I'm really not surprised though to be honest.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Exactly! Almost everyone on here enjoy these type of things. But there's always that one that dont like it just because someone, or not enough, from their team made it. I mean isn't this why this site was created? If not for these type of threads, topics congratulating athletes for their hard work and dedication, then what purpose does it serve?

Saying this thread is useless is a slap in the face to all these young athletes named above. But I guess some people would rather have topics where nothing is going on but a bunch of arguing and name calling about stuff that doesn't matter. Well, this one matters. And if some people don't like it then why not just pass it up and move on to the next topic instead of stopping by and bad mouthing people who try to recognize a few kids who did well this season. Better yet, why not just stop coming on BGR altogether? Because it seems obvious your coming on here for the wrong reasons anyway. I'm really not surprised though to be honest.

I have my opinion and you're the only one whining/arguing. It's not a slap to anyone if I think this team is way off, good lord. I'm not surprised by your post though, it's typical. Christmas turkey comes to mind for some reason.:Thumbs:
#55PirateFan Wrote:Exactly! Almost everyone on here enjoy these type of things. But there's always that one that dont like it just because someone, or not enough, from their team made it. I mean isn't this why this site was created? If not for these type of threads, topics congratulating athletes for their hard work and dedication, then what purpose does it serve?

The list you guys made up is a pretty good list and it has some really good athletes on it but because Jet don’t agree with it, that’s his right. Now in saying that he shouldn’t have said it’s useless because it’s for the young man that play the game and to acknowledge them and that’s is a good thing. I don’t agree with all of the ones you guys picked but that’s my opinion just as the ones you guys picked are yours and that’s ok, too. I know you guys think I would want a certain young man on this list but really that’s not the case and really that’s not the position I disagree with the most. But congratulations to the ones you guys have chosen. Never will there be a list that everyone agrees with but everyone is in titled to their opinions. I hardly ever post on these kind of threads basically because I don’t like to disappoint some of the other players that played their hearts out and don’t get acknowledged. So for me ever one that buckles that chin strap up on Friday nights and plays is an all star to me. Just my opinion and I don’t mean to ruffle any feathers and hope I didn’t. Like I said congratulations to the ones you guys chose and wish nothing but the best for these young men and you old posters, too.
jetpilot Wrote:I have my opinion and you're the only one whining/arguing. It's not a slap to anyone if I think this team is way off, good lord. I'm not surprised by your post though, it's typical. Christmas turkey comes to mind for some reason.:Thumbs:

Listen man, I'm not going back and forth with you again. Thats the only thing that's useless. You dont like me and I sure as hell have nothing for you. But your the one who posted the useless comment so your the one whining. And if it's not a slap in the face to these kids by saying that then what is it? If none of your boys made the list and you dont agree with this one, then do one of your own. It's simple as that. Not everyone is going to agree. And that's ok too. Are there some really good athletes not on here? Absolutely. But there's only a few spots. There's always going to be kids left off and unsatisfied fans with every team posted. Some of y'all forget that these are kids were talking about. Kids that get on here and read this stuff. That's the only problem I have with your comment. And I have your Christmas Turkey right here Pal! You can stop by anytime you want and pick it up.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Listen man, I'm not going back and forth with you again. Thats the only thing that's useless. You dont like me and I sure as hell have nothing for you. But your the one who posted the useless comment so your the one whining. And if it's not a slap in the face to these kids by saying that then what is it? If none of your boys made the list and you dont agree with this one, then do one of your own. It's simple as that. Not everyone is going to agree. And that's ok too. Are there some really good athletes not on here? Absolutely. But there's only a few spots. There's always going to be kids left off and unsatisfied fans with every team posted. Some of y'all forget that these are kids were talking about. Kids that get on here and read this stuff. That's the only problem I have with your comment. And I have your Christmas Turkey right here Pal! You can stop by anytime you want and pick it up.

That's exactly what you're doing!:lame:
jetpilot Wrote:I have my opinion and you're the only one whining/arguing. It's not a slap to anyone if I think this team is way off, good lord. I'm not surprised by your post though, it's typical. Christmas turkey comes to mind for some reason.:Thumbs:

Spot on post Jet. These type of threads are useless and for the most part, are only good for mommy’s and daddy’s to thump their chests over.

While I’m on my soap box the amount of propaganda that’s out there these days from sites like David and Darrell and Kentucky Prep Gridiron is nauseating. Do they actually think people take those sites serious?
#55PirateFan Wrote:Nice looking team. Great job guys. Few things I especially like about this team:

On offense; I'm finally glad to see an All State team where Beau Allen is not the QB1. I'm not hating on this kid. He has had a great career at Lex.Cath. and, IMO, he will have a great career at UK. He is one of the best high school QB's I have seen but he just wasn't the top QB in KY this past year.

On defense; glad Ethan Wine is on here. Wine was hurt some this year and didnt come close to what he did last year but it was because he was hurt. If he hadn't had the injury, not a doubt in my mind that his stats, and play, would have had him on every all state team published.

On offense; I'm finally glad to see an All State team where Beau Allen is not the QB1. WHY? I mean If a certain kid is the legit all star, all district. all region, in this case all american then that student/ athlete(s) should be the one plugged in.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Nice looking team. Great job guys. Few things I especially like about this team:

This should earn you some bonus points with your close bff FoSho. I can definitely see the chemistry between you both.
tomcat pride Wrote:spot on post jet. These type of threads are useless and for the most part, are only good for mommy’s and daddy’s to thump their chests over.

While i’m on my soap box the amount of propaganda that’s out there these days from sites like david and darrell and kentucky prep gridiron is nauseating. Do they actually think people take those sites serious?

agree!
FBfan4life Wrote:On offense; I'm finally glad to see an All State team where Beau Allen is not the QB1. WHY? I mean If a certain kid is the legit all star, all district. all region, in this case all american then that student/ athlete(s) should be the one plugged in.

You have to know the full story FB Fan. He’s super tight with one of Boyle’s super fans. Love will make you do crazy things.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:You have to know the full story FB Fan. He’s super tight with one of Boyle’s super fans. Love will make you do crazy things.

Correction.... All State, not all american. He might well be an All American one day lol
Fellas, this team was made based on the opinions of six people and i took those names and whatever names was chosen by multiple people that name was put into the list. In no way shape or form are we here at BGR persuaded by propaganda or any outside noise from any particular posters on this site. And I literally have no bias whatsoever. I voted for players that didn’t make the cut and that’s just how it is.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
#55PirateFan Wrote:I gotta disagree with you on this one PHSForever. If I had a vote, I'd take Allen as well and here's why. Collum is a great player, no doubt about it, and one of my favorites to watch all year. He was outstanding against Belfry. But he had studs all over that Panther defense to compliment him all season long. You couldn't simply just run away from Collum because if you did you would just run into another really good player on that Panther D and I think that's why his stats were a little better than Allen's.

Johnson Central LB Hunter McCloud had better stats than both (other than sacks) and better stats than the other LB’s on this list. As for Allen, he might as well have been a DE. Y’all can categorize him as a LB if ya want.
Spud is THE most unbiased person on this site. He compiled votes from different people to make this list as a representation of BGR member's choices. It's totally ridiculous to allude that he was under pressure or listened to propaganda, etc. Bet you accusers watch CNN news!!.

Now, if you don't like the choices, next time YOU volunteer to be on the committee. You don't have to agree with every choice; I certainly don't. But what good are your smart ass comments doing?

If you are this easily offended by this thread, then don't read it.