Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 All Mountain 1st Team
Where's C.A. Collins from Breathitt or Slaughter.
13-1 and no players !mentioned???
Set him up for failure? Hes a great defensive player to. Probably all Corbin would of needed to beat Wayne. May been difference in beating JC. Yep he is that good.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Is he in the coverage area for that particular newspaper? If not that's why he isn't on the list. He's a great player. Definitely in top 4 backs I saw play all year.

See above. I missed the criteria which described only a certain area. When I see all mountain team I think of the mountain counties. Not a paper distribution area.
wolfcat Wrote:Where's C.A. Collins from Breathitt or Slaughter.
13-1 and no players !mentioned???

Are they in the coverage area for the newspaper that put out the list? If you read the whole thread it sounds like it pretty much only named players from 3 or 4 counties in Eastern Kentucky and 1 or 2 in West Virginia.
DukeBoy Wrote:Set him up for failure? Hes a great defensive player to. Probably all Corbin would of needed to beat Wayne. May been difference in beating JC. Yep he is that good.

I said nothing of setting him up for failure, I said you were setting him up for people to bash his ability as a player just like you continue to do...It’s apparent you have an emotional attachment to the kid, do yourself and him a favor and let it drop, you’ve already been told why Corbin was beat by Wayne both games and neither Corbin or Wayne had a chance against Johnson Central just by adding one kid to the roster...Johnson Central had the complete team with depth...
DukeBoy Wrote:Set him up for failure? Hes a great defensive player to. Probably all Corbin would of needed to beat Wayne. May been difference in beating JC. Yep he is that good.

If he was good enough to put Corbin over the top against Johnson Central then he should have been good enough to take care of Somerset. He was good, not great, against the Jumpers. He did have one of the best runs that I saw all season on his first carry for an 83 yard touchdown. However, after that he had 86 yards on 18 carries. He's a great player. Not the best, or even 2nd best back that I watched this season, but a heck of a football player. But you could add him to Corbin's roster and they still aren't coming within 3 scores of Johnson Central.
Johnson Central was good but beatable on any given day. I didnt say Cov Cath or Trinity because I know better. If hed had a better line to run behind it would been downhill all day long. Let it drop..... maybe you should take your own advice.
DukeBoy Wrote:Johnson Central was good but beatable on any given day. I didnt say Cov Cath or Trinity because I know better. If hed had a better line to run behind it would been downhill all day long. Let it drop..... maybe you should take your own advice.

This was Johnson Centrals year. A very good looking team. They beat 3 teams in a row: Boyle County the top offense in 4A, Madisonville-North Hopkins 2cd top running back in 4A, and Wayne County with the Best running back in 4A at the QB spot. Dude, it aint happening. I looked at Collins stats, he is good. But Johnson Central also beat Belfry who I saw in person and they have Dixon with a good line. So unless Collins went to Johnson Central this year, it aint happening. :welcome:
DukeBoy Wrote:Johnson Central was good but beatable on any given day. I didnt say Cov Cath or Trinity because I know better. If hed had a better line to run behind it would been downhill all day long. Let it drop..... maybe you should take your own advice.

For the love of god, I dearly hope your not one of this kids parents...

Wow! Did you really just throw the entire O-Line under the bus? Maybe he wouldn't have got any of the yards that he did get without that O-Line. Ever think of that?
single shot Wrote:For the love of god, I dearly hope your not one of this kids parents...

I can't get past him straight up taking a shot at the O-Lime. Wow! That's something you never do, EVER. At any level, from PeeWee to the Pro's. That's as low as you can get, IMO.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I can't get past him straight up taking a shot at the O-Lime. Wow! That's something you never do, EVER. At any level, from PeeWee to the Pro's. That's as low as you can get, IMO.

Yep some people just don’t understand how programs like Corbin, Belfry, Johnson Central, Boyle, etc. work it’s a total team effort and kids sacrificing for the good of the team and parents encouraging them to do it...I’ve got brothers for life...
single shot Wrote:For the love of god, I dearly hope your not one of this kids parents...

I can guarantee it’s not. The Collins family, to the person, are all class. They wouldn’t ever down a kid/position/opponent to build up their own.

Look end of the day this was a list for a specific area not just “the mountains” as it says. I didn’t get that at first now I do. So it’s all water under the bridge. Collins is a fantastic player and I hope he gets a shot on saturdays somewhere. But, there’s no point in dragging down some other kids on the list, Breathitts team, or their opponents to solidify an argument. I cannot say how good some of these kids are as my Friday’s were spent with the Bobcats. But, I can say without a doubt he’s the best to come off the riverbank in a long time.
Coin Toss Wrote:I can guarantee it’s not. The Collins family, to the person, are all class. They wouldn’t ever down a kid/position/opponent to build up their own.

Look end of the day this was a list for a specific area not just “the mountains” as it says. I didn’t get that at first now I do. So it’s all water under the bridge. Collins is a fantastic player and I hope he gets a shot on saturdays somewhere. But, there’s no point in dragging down some other kids on the list, Breathitts team, or their opponents to solidify an argument. I cannot say how good some of these kids are as my Friday’s were spent with the Bobcats. But, I can say without a doubt he’s the best to come off the riverbank in a long time.

I applaud you sir, and I have no doubt concerning his parents or his ability as a player...I wish the kid nothing but the best I hope he gets to play wherever he’s always dreamed of playing, but Corbin had their own 1000 yard rusher and a kid at the same position with multiple D1 offers no reason they should be bashed to prop up anyone outside of Corbin’s team...
Taking a shot at Breathitts Oline????? Really??? Just saying some other teams throughout the state had a better Oline is throwing them them under the bus? Breathitts was good but not better than several others. Some of you guys put way to much thought into my posts. So lets just say Collins played for Boyle this year, I dont think JC would been state champions. But we will never know. Theres all kinds of real good players in the Mountains this year not just Collins but do I think hes the best? Like Stone Cold says "OH HELL YEAH!" Congratulations to Belfry, JC, Pikeville for winning it all.
DukeBoy Wrote:Taking a shot at Breathitts Oline????? Really??? Just saying some other teams throughout the state had a better Oline is throwing them them under the bus? Breathitts was good but not better than several others. Some of you guys put way to much thought into my posts. So lets just say Collins played for Boyle this year, I dont think JC would been state champions. But we will never know. Theres all kinds of real good players in the Mountains this year not just Collins but do I think hes the best? Like Stone Cold says "OH HELL YEAH!" Congratulations to Belfry, JC, Pikeville for winning it all.

:Shaking::eyeroll: