Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Bluegrass Rivals Top 20 Final Rankings
Also curious to see how Pikeville would play against Bell County, DeSales, Fern Creek, Mayfield, and Somerset.... Lots of "whatif's."
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:No one is disputing that Pikeville best Belfry. The dispute is over the final ratings and Belfry being ahead of Pikeville. And that is because Belfry lost by 1point to a Pikeville team that had all its players and Belfry had a few key players out and when Belfry got all there players healthy they became a completely different team. They dominated a good Ashland team. Beat a really good Desales team at there house where they had only lost 1 game ever and then beat a undefeated Bell county team. The last three weeks of the playoffs they beat the top three teams in 3A. That why they are ranked over Pikeville because anyone with a brain could see that when we got healthy we was a dominant team and one that could beat Pikeville by two touchdowns

It was an impressive win over DeSales but I don't think you could call it a dominant win. :Thumbs:
Real Badman Wrote:Also curious to see how Pikeville would play against Bell County, DeSales, Fern Creek, Mayfield, and Somerset.... Lots of "whatif's."

I would too. But unlike you, for a different reasons.
Hatz Wrote:It was an impressive win over DeSales but I don't think you could call it a dominant win. :Thumbs:

Yeah...a double overtime win isn't considered a dominant win by any means. I will say this. IMO, the DeSales win, was more impressive than beating Bell in the title game.

Desales was the real deal, in every sense. I think they underestimated Belfry's team speed defensively, and when #7 couldn't get loose consistently enough, they struggled to make plays.

Desales Defense was the very best we faced all season.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Yeah...a double overtime win isn't considered a dominant win by any means. I will say this. IMO, the DeSales win, was more impressive than beating Bell in the title game.

Desales was the real deal, in every sense. I think they underestimated Belfry's team speed defensively, and when #7 couldn't get loose consistently enough, they struggled to make plays.

Desales Defense was the very best we faced all season.

Oh, I would agree, it was the most impressive win. Not dominant but very impressive. :Thumbs:
I said we dominated Ashland and then beat a very good Desales team. Only meant Ashland was Dominated. Desales was a struggle cause they by far was the second best team in 3A. That’s what my post said
To take a 4hr bus ride and beat a team like Desales on there home field where they had only lost once ever is why we ended up ranked ahead of Pikeville
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:To take a 4hr bus ride and beat a team like Desales on there home field where they had only lost once ever is why we ended up ranked ahead of Pikeville

Below Pikeville, ahead of Pikeville.....honestly, I don’t really care 😂😂. I know we’re at the very top of 3A. Let’s face it.....We (Belfry) simply wasn’t very good at that juncture of the season. Pikeville, too their credit took advantage of it and beat us. Both teams got better as the season went along..... but I do think Belfry had more ground to cover. Offensively we were fully out of sync until the playoffs.

I agree on the DeSales trip. For Belfry to make a 5 hour trip (including the dinner stop) ....and play they say we did......simply awesome. The mental toughness we developed was pretty impressive.
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:To take a 4hr bus ride and beat a team like Desales on there home field where they had only lost once ever is why we ended up ranked ahead of Pikeville

Pikeville beating Beflry straight up on their home field led to this

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm

Of course you have to also forget the
40 point running clock beatdown Belfry suffered.
But I'm sure there are plenty of excuses....:eyeroll:

JC would do that to everyone in 3 2 1.,,,

Pikeville won on the field and you have to discard that obvious fact and insert your opinion to rank Belfry higher, very simple. And then you lose credibility...
Also I forgot about Alter...so it's really putting a THREE loss team above Pikeville LOL
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Below Pikeville, ahead of Pikeville.....honestly, I don’t really care 😂😂. I know we’re at the very top of 3A. Let’s face it.....We (Belfry) simply wasn’t very good at that juncture of the season. Pikeville, too their credit took advantage of it and beat us. Both teams got better as the season went along..... but I do think Belfry had more ground to cover. Offensively we were fully out of sync until the playoffs.

I agree on the DeSales trip. For Belfry to make a 5 hour trip (including the dinner stop) ....and play they say we did......simply awesome. The mental toughness we developed was pretty impressive.

But not 1A or Pike County...
Real Badman Wrote:Also curious to see how Pikeville would play against Bell County, DeSales, Fern Creek, Mayfield, and Somerset.... Lots of "whatif's."

What if this post wasn't so funny?

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...tcount=167
It’s not about wins and loses. The ranking are what they felt was the top 20 teams as they stood at the end of the season. Like I said Belfry didn’t play there championship game week 4 of the schedule. They play a hard schedule to get better and with the injury’s they took a few loses but at the end of the season they were healthy and playing great football. That’s why they ranked Belfry higher. CUse when healthy we are the better team
jetpilot Wrote:What if this post wasn't so funny?

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...tcount=167

Why is that funny?

Are you saying it is funny because I was wrong? Its not like its the first time Pikeville beat Paintsville, and then lost in the second match-up.

For the record, Belfry would win by 3+ TDs when healthy TongueirateSho
Non Biased computers are split on the current debate. Calpreps has pikeville ranked higher and Kenneth Massey has Belfry. A regular season game result is 1/10th of the regular season. 2nd matchups between teams often generate widely different results. That is a fact. Human children play the games not robots. Kids get better, kids get worse, kids play well and kids play bad. The ball sometimes bounces differently. Anyone who has followed football or any sport for more than a minute knows this.
Dumb argument. Why do people get worked up over opinions? Belfry won 3A. Pikeville dominated 1A. Both are state champs. Kumbaya!!! When healthy Belfry probably wins 6 out of 10 times those two teams play. But this year they weren't and they didn't. Both are great teams and got better from the healthy rivalry they have with each other and all the times they have played over the years. Both are #1 as far as I'm concerned, because their state championship trophies say so. Merry Christmas RBM, I pray that one day you can release all the hate from your body.:igiveup:
Iam4thecats Wrote:Non Biased computers are split on the current debate. Calpreps has pikeville ranked higher and Kenneth Massey has Belfry. A regular season game result is 1/10th of the regular season. 2nd matchups between teams often generate widely different results. That is a fact. Human children play the games not robots. Kids get better, kids get worse, kids play well and kids play bad. The ball sometimes bounces differently. Anyone who has followed football or any sport for more than a minute knows this.

You don't rank a team higher based on uour opinion on a rematch that didn't happen. Polling 101.

Team A goes 14-0 and beats team B who goes 11-3. Let
s put team B ahead of team A based on my opinion that team B would win the rematch if there was one. Said no pollster ever.

Here's my college top 5:
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. Oklahoma

I know Alabama has 2 losses but I think they would win the rematches.:thatsfunn
Real Badman Wrote:Why is that funny?

Are you saying it is funny because I was wrong? Its not like its the first time Pikeville beat Paintsville, and then lost in the second match-up.

For the record, Belfry would win by 3+ TDs when healthy TongueirateSho

Well your last Pikeville prediction was off by
56 points, so there is that...
jetpilot Wrote:Well your last Pikeville prediction was off by
56 points, so there is that...

I guess even the mighty fall. Be careful, Jetpilot, when you run out of gas it can be a hard fall
jetpilot Wrote:You don't rank a team higher based on uour opinion on a rematch that didn't happen. Polling 101.:thatsfunn

YOU don't , but I did and so did a few others on the ranking committe. So did Ken Massey a computer guy who has never been to either Belfry or Pikeville. YOU are 1 vote, if you have a vote, I don't know. Lets be honest. Nobody from Belfry or Pikeville should have a say in who is ranked higher right now. Good thing i'm far, far away.
Real Badman Wrote:I guess even the mighty fall. Be careful, Jetpilot, when you run out of gas it can be a hard fall

The ol' plane is flying smooth...I will keep the tank full though.
Iam4thecats Wrote:YOU don't , but I did and so did a few others on the ranking committe. So did Ken Massey a computer guy who has never been to either Belfry or Pikeville. YOU are 1 vote, if you have a vote, I don't know. Lets be honest. Nobody from Belfry or Pikeville should have a say in who is ranked higher right now. Good thing i'm far, far away.

Pikeville settled it on the field. Anybody can put any team anywhere, doesn't mean squat. Opinions change, the W lasts forever.:1:
jetpilot Wrote:But not 1A or Pike County...

Finally....the truth came out. I knew it would only be a matter of time:lmao:

Pikeville won their super bowl when they upset Belfry. That was by far their biggest win of the season.....including the 1A championship. Regardless of wins and losses, their season was gonna be a success. :Cheerlead And we all understand why. It's the single biggest game on Pikeville's schedule EVERY YEAR. It is their SUPER BOWL. I have it on 100% authority that folks were partying and burning couches in the bowles addition and on Hambley blvd well into early Saturday morning after that Super Bowl win. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Big Sandy Furniture and Creg Damron cleaned up the next week. :biggrin:

BTW.....this post is NOT FOR ALL THE PIKEVILLE POSTERS... JUST for jay jay the jet plane. :biggrin:

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Finally....the truth came out. I knew it would only be a matter of time:lmao:

Pikeville won their super bowl when they upset Belfry. That was by far their biggest win of the season.....including the 1A championship. Regardless of wins and losses, their season was gonna be a success. :Cheerlead And we all understand why. It's the single biggest game on Pikeville's schedule EVERY YEAR. It is their SUPER BOWL. I have it on 100% authority that folks were partying and burning couches in the bowles addition and on Hambley blvd well into early Saturday morning after that Super Bowl win. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Big Sandy Furniture and Creg Damron cleaned up the next week. :biggrin:

BTW.....this post is NOT FOR ALL THE PIKEVILLE POSTERS... JUST for jay jay the jet plane. :biggrin:

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

Are you smoking crack right now?Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Are you smoking crack right now?Confusednicker:

I figured you would enjoy that Confusednicker:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I figured you would enjoy that Confusednicker:

I did haha. I was just getting one more rise out of Belfry fans before calling it a year for football. Honestly really enjoyed seeing all the trophies coming back to the mountains. Best year for mountain football I can remember.
jetpilot Wrote:I did haha. I was just getting one more rise out of Belfry fans before calling it a year for football. Honestly really enjoyed seeing all the trophies coming back to the mountains. Best year for mountain football I can remember.

I agree wholeheartedly. We've never seen this type of accomplishment in one season. Mountain folk from all over should be very proud of all the teams accomplishments
jetpilot Wrote:The ol' plane is flying smooth...I will keep the tank full though.
See... I told ya'll.... eggnog.... and plenty of it!

:biggrin:
That’s what really matters. All these eastern Kentucky teams worked hard and did a amazing job bring those trophies back to this side of the state. Proud of all this teams
EKUAlum05 Wrote:See... I told ya'll.... eggnog.... and plenty of it!