Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2019 Bluegrass Rivals Top 20 Final Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1. Trinity
2. Male
3. Covington Catholic
4. Johnson Central
5. Frederick Douglass
6. Boyle County
7. North Hardin
8. Saint Xavier
9. Scott County
10. Owensboro
11. Bowling Green
12. Belfry
13. Pikeville
14. Somerset
15. DuPont Manuel
16. DeSales
17. Mayfield
18. Fern Creek
19. South Warren
20. Wayne County

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
I agree :worthy:
I think N.Hardin would get blown out by anyone 8-12. I think Manual should be bumped up a few spots. Possibly DeSales too.
Overall, it looks good. The only thing I would change, would be flip flopping Belfry and Pikeville. Pikeville did beat Belfry earlier in the year.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Overall, it looks good. The only thing I would change, would be flip flopping Belfry and Pikeville. Pikeville did beat Belfry earlier in the year.

Without Isaac Dixon.
DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!! Pikeville Nation is going to hunt some of you all down 😂😂😂
I’d love to see FD and Jc play.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Without Isaac Dixon.

Confusednicker:

ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
Cat Daddy Wrote:Overall, it looks good. The only thing I would change, would be flip flopping Belfry and Pikeville. Pikeville did beat Belfry earlier in the year.

I was thinking the same thing. Especially considering the game was at Belfry
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Without Isaac Dixon.

It was at Belfry which is a hard place for anyone to win at, so that has to negate that somewhat. And, ifI’m not mistaken, he did play, he was just limited.
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:It was at Belfry which is a hard place for anyone to win at, so that has to negate that somewhat. And, ifI’m not mistaken, he did play, he was just limited.

If he played he didn't run the ball. He's not listed in the stats for the game.
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:It was at Belfry which is a hard place for anyone to win at, so that has to negate that somewhat. And, ifI’m not mistaken, he did play, he was just limited.

He did not play. MLB Mounts also left in the First Half of the game and missed the 2nd Half, FWIW.

I am sure all the Pikeville fans have no issue with any hypothetical ranking, the history books show what really matters and that is a victory and the ultimate bragging rights!
Pikeville was a very good team this past year. With that being said they caught Belfry at the right time. Dixion didn’t play any, out run stopper went out after the first half and that should, it was our quarterbacks 2nd game after being off with sickness. If both teams played right now Belfry wins 2 touchdowns
-
You don't rank a two-loss team over an undefeated team that beat them on their home field, period. Pikeville was MUCH better in December than September (see Paintsville).
December Pikeville beats December Belfry (with Dixon and anyone else who had so much as a stomach ache in the September loss) by 2 TDs on a neutral field and maybe more.

There will not be any asterisks beside the W next to Belfry on Pikeville's schedule or beside the final record of 14-0.
Belfry would beat Pikeville to death with Dixon and Mounts!
jetpilot Wrote:You don't rank a two-loss team over an undefeated team that beat them on their home field, period. Pikeville was MUCH better in December than September (see Paintsville).
December Pikeville beats December Belfry (with Dixon and anyone else who had so much as a stomach ache in the September loss) by 2 TDs on a neutral field and maybe more.

There will not be any asterisks beside the W next to Belfry on Pikeville's schedule or beside the final record of 14-0.

BOLDED=
Lord have mercy that boy done got into the eggnog already and someone made it extra spicy this year!

Is this how the urban legends of Pikeville being nationally ranked and ranked #1 overall in Kentucky started back in '87? Some 'nogged up ole boy from Bowles Addition said at a Christmas Party that Pikeville beat Henry Clay so of course they would beat anyone else in 4A?
Big Grin

Italicized= No disagreement from me. As I said, anything else is a hypothetical but the one thing we know for sure is when Pikeville and Belfry played, Pikeville has the W and it will stay that way in the history books.

At least until jetpilot starts some rumor ten years from now that Pikeville won that game with a rampant case of Asian Bird Flu and the reason Dixon did not play was when he warmed up he saw how the Panthers averaged 6'7 265 in their secondary alone and was afraid of not only being hurt, but having his career ended by a suplex on his first carry.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:BOLDED=
Lord have mercy that boy done got into the eggnog already and someone made it extra spicy this year!

Is this how the urban legends of Pikeville being nationally ranked and ranked #1 overall in Kentucky started back in '87? Some 'nogged up ole boy from Bowles Addition said at a Christmas Party that Pikeville beat Henry Clay so of course they would beat anyone else in 4A?
Big Grin

Italicized= No disagreement from me. As I said, anything else is a hypothetical but the one thing we know for sure is when Pikeville and Belfry played, Pikeville has the W and it will stay that way in the history books.

At least until jetpilot starts some rumor ten years from now that Pikeville won that game with a rampant case of Asian Bird Flu and the reason Dixon did not play was when he warmed up he saw how the Panthers averaged 6'7 265 in their secondary alone and was afraid of not only being hurt, but having his career ended by a suplex on his first carry.

I have no dog in this fight, nor care either way, but you DID MAKE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!! Haha.

But I do agree that Pikeville should be above belfry this year.
Pikeville ended up ranked 7th overall, why would anyone want to start any rumors? By you guys' logic Pikeville should have been ranked above Beechwood at the end of the year last year because Hensley got hurt in the finals. Lots of whining and speculation on here. Pikeville won on Belfry's field and you can't whine and speculate your way to ranking Belfry higher.
No way I would put Pikeville above a healthy Belfry. JMO!
Pikeville deserves credit, they beat Belfry on Pond Creek. Something not done very often and is only done by pretty good teams. And Pikeville was a good team. So hats off to the Panthers. Not many gave them a chance but they went to Belfry and done it anyway. But if you think that not having Dixon didn't play a huge role in that win then some folks on here are out of their minds. Yeah, the Panthers won and have the bragging rights, and they should but Belfry should be ranked ahead of Pikeville in the final poll.

Dixon missed alot of games this year and still ended the season with 1,000 plus rushing yards. Not only that, the kid was the MVP in the 3A State Championship game going for 228 yards and 3 touchdowns against a pretty solid and undefeated Bell County team. So you really don't think he would have made a difference in a one point game at home? Come in now.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville ended up ranked 7th overall, why would anyone want to start any rumors? By you guys' logic Pikeville should have been ranked above Beechwood at the end of the year last year because Hensley got hurt in the finals. Lots of whining and speculation on here. Pikeville won on Belfry's field and you can't whine and speculate your way to ranking Belfry higher.
Someone done added some peppermint schnapps as well.

Now he is even making an argument against a point I didn’t even remotely make!

As for starting those rumors you tell me! LOL

Pikeville finished ranked like 12th overall from 87 yet somehow people think they were the best team in all of Kentucky and were nationally ranked. As long as you own that this great Panther team was probably the best small school in KY in 2019 you won’t see me disputing it. As long as there is no revisionist history over one of those ugly sweater parties at some law firm and suddenly Pikeville “would have beat Johnson Central”.

I mean you already suddenly became two TDS better somehow mysteriously... don’t let the Christmas “spirits” go changing things too fast. That Ghost of Christmas Past helped Scrooge and now it seems to be making Pikeville even stronger.

Wink

By the way... Merry Christmas to you legitimately. Danville may be Title Town but Pike County may be becoming Title County.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Someone done added some peppermint schnapps as well.

Pikeville finished ranked like 12th overall from 87 yet somehow people think they were the best team in all of Kentucky and were nationally ranked. As long as you own that this great Panther team was probably the best small school in KY in 2019 you won’t see me disputing it. As long as there is no revisionist history over one of those ugly sweater parties at some law firm and suddenly Pikeville “would have beat Johnson Central”.

I mean you already suddenly became two TDS better somehow mysteriously... don’t let the Christmas “spirits” go changing things too fast. That Ghost of Christmas Past helped Scrooge and now it seems to be making Pikeville even stronger.

Wink

By the way... Merry Christmas to you legitimately. Danville may be Title Town but Pike County may be becoming Title County.

You just may be on to something there sweater party man. :biggrin:
Like I said. Pikeville was really good this year. But also like I said they got Belfry at the right time. These two teams meet in December and Belfry wins by two touchdowns easy. Mounts being out the second half had as big affect on game as Dixion. He is a run stopper and without him Pikeville was able to run enough to set up the two passes for touchdowns. If he stays in the second half we win even without Dixion. But with Dixion we win by two touchdowns easy. I work with a lot of Pikeville people and like I told them. We didn’t play our championship game week four of the schedule. We rested and got healthy for win it mattered and it showed
Well screw it!! I’ll stir the pot. My team sucked this year so I don’t care if you have a comeback against them hahah.

Everyone’s going off of belfry getting better as the year went on, Could Pikeville not have also progressed just as much or more? I know injuries played a big key, but the fact is, they happened. And the outcome was the outcome. I have a hard time putting a team that beat another one and didn’t lose afterwards behind that team. If we open the injury can of worms, that would change the whole outlook on a lot of things. Corbin for example had numerous players out that would have probably changed the outcome of the game, those teams are still a head of us becAuse of what happened in the season. If Pville and belfry played again I don’t know who would win, but I know who did win when they did play. So I have to stick to the results.

Actually....... the pirates would destroy the panthers right now.

Or they might lose.... I dunno? Told ya I was gonna stir the pot. Where the heck is PJ? He’s so much better at this
2000PHS Wrote:DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!! Pikeville Nation is going to hunt some of you all down 😂😂😂

That's right. Starting with your old sorry tiger a**.:redboxer::biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Someone done added some peppermint schnapps as well.

Wink

You are unhinged Pikeville beat Belfry end of story.
No one is disputing that Pikeville best Belfry. The dispute is over the final ratings and Belfry being ahead of Pikeville. And that is because Belfry lost by 1point to a Pikeville team that had all its players and Belfry had a few key players out and when Belfry got all there players healthy they became a completely different team. They dominated a good Ashland team. Beat a really good Desales team at there house where they had only lost 1 game ever and then beat a undefeated Bell county team. The last three weeks of the playoffs they beat the top three teams in 3A. That why they are ranked over Pikeville because anyone with a brain could see that when we got healthy we was a dominant team and one that could beat Pikeville by two touchdowns
It’s final rankings and at the end of season we was a better team than Pikeville
I am glad that Pikeville won 1A and Belfry won 3A but it’s all speculation who would have won the game in December. There is no facts to back it up,period. Now the Pikeville fans are going to say Pikeville would have and Belfry fans say Belfry and that’s the way it should be I guess. I do know for a fact that Pikeville’s sophomore quarterback grew up in that second half of that game and him and the Panthers went undefeated the rest of the season. Keep this argument up and we might make it to next season. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4