Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Pass Interference at the end
Snakesnot Wrote:If you watched this video not having an interest in the game what would you call? I see a slightly overthrown ball with two players making a play on the ball. The ref may have instantly thrown his flag but that doesnt mean it was correct but just he was looking for any reason.

I have NO bias. Don’t really care much about either team. I’d call pass interference. Because of the push. If the DB made a play on the ball or an attempt to and there was contact, NO FLAG. But the arms is what done it in for me.
Hound05 Wrote:I have NO bias. Don’t really care much about either team. I’d call pass interference. Because of the push. If the DB made a play on the ball or an attempt to and there was contact, NO FLAG. But the arms is what done it in for me.

I can't see a push, I see him raising his arms up with the receiver falling backwards. Very bang bang and 90something percent of the time it's a no call.
Arm contact only and it is a no call I believe. When the shoulder goes into the player, it's hard not to call it.
Saw another replay on wpsd in Paducah shows a bs call plus ive waatched several angles and to me if u watch the receiver runs into the defender as he jumps straight up either a no call or offensive pass interference if anything.Game should have been over right there.The ref just wanted to get one more on mayfield as they had stuck it to us all day.
Looked like PI to me. You still had a shot to stop them on the final play. Didn’t get it done.
According to the rules this was definitely a PI. Anyone who says differently must just be a Mayfield fan. I have no dog in the fight but the Stripes got it right!
The replay I’d like to see is whether somerset actually stepped out of bounds two plays before to stop the clock.
Tica Wrote:The real question is why was the Somerset receiver unguarded on the final play. The previous play did not decide the game. The last play decided it.

Right or not , the previous play did decide the game
One of those things. You can’t put yourself in the position where a call beats you. If we don’t false start on 4th and 1, this play never happens and the Cards run the clock out.
rookie57 Wrote:Right or not , the previous play did decide the game

If mayfield would have stopped them on the final play I don’t think much would have been said about the previous.
One of those circumstances where u throw the flag and run like hell or dont throw it and run like hell. Would hate to be that official this evening. I think it's a PI based on the contact and arm extension. BUT idk if he is catching that ball if he isnt touched at all. Knee jerk call that's goina piss someone off either way.
Disciple of Leahy Wrote:The replay I’d like to see is whether somerset actually stepped out of bounds two plays before to stop the clock.

The pass to Madden on the Somerset sideline? If it was that one, he did. Happened right in front of us.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Saw another replay on wpsd in Paducah shows a bs call plus ive waatched several angles and to me if u watch the receiver runs into the defender as he jumps straight up either a no call or offensive pass interference if anything.Game should have been over right there.The ref just wanted to get one more on mayfield as they had stuck it to us all day.

Somerset was down 3, 84 yards away, with no timeouts and 28 seconds to go. If you can't stop that it's on you. Grundy went up and made a catch almost exactly like that against LCA when he wasn't interfered with.
Congratulations Coach Lucas and the Somerset Briar Jumpers!!!
zebra'seyes Wrote:According to the rules this was definitely a PI. Anyone who says differently must just be a Mayfield fan. I have no dog in the fight but the Stripes got it right!

According to the rules u are wrong
Hound05 Wrote:If mayfield would have stopped them on the final play I don’t think much would have been said about the previous.

Wrong
bball_fan Wrote:Arm contact only and it is a no call I believe. When the shoulder goes into the player, it's hard not to call it.

I have watched it several times and when the pads compress you have to call it. Hell of a season to both programs.
zebra'seyes Wrote:According to the rules this was definitely a PI. Anyone who says differently must just be a Mayfield fan. I have no dog in the fight but the Stripes got it right!

I’m a Betsy Layne fan and I think that should’ve been a no call. The defender didn’t run into him. Was already standing there and jumped up for the ball and the Somerset receiver ran into him.

But either way I don’t really care because I had Somerset picked to win all year and glad they finally got one.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Here’s the thing, we can sit and talk about one play all day. That play didn’t make or break that game. It helped. But so did somerset fumbling the kickoff. If that didn’t happen they could have possibly put it out of reach. That play was just as crucial. What makes this sport do great is the human factor. Until you all have stepped on that field in stripes don’t criticize someone for a split second decision. In the end no one will remember this play. Does anyone remember the play last year where corbin stopped central from getting in the endzone that would have won them the game but the ref called it a TD. Replay shows the truth, but once again, what makes this game on this level great is the human factor. No one remembers it, but they’ll remember who won the title.
Snakesnot Wrote:Wrong

😂😂😂. Think what you want....go to KSR and look at it from that angle.....plain as the nose on your face 😂😂

I have no bias either way. Made no difference to me who won this game. I’ve done plenty of officiating .....definitely looks like pass interference. I will say this.....some refs aren’t gonna drop the flag in that scenario. This one did. However....IMO....if I were a Mayfield fan I would be more upset about the last play. Really blown coverage.
Hound05 Wrote:Here’s the thing, we can sit and talk about one play all day. That play didn’t make or break that game. It helped. But so did somerset fumbling the kickoff. If that didn’t happen they could have possibly put it out of reach. That play was just as crucial. What makes this sport do great is the human factor. Until you all have stepped on that field in stripes don’t criticize someone for a split second decision. In the end no one will remember this play. Does anyone remember the play last year where corbin stopped central from getting in the endzone that would have won them the game but the ref called it a TD. Replay shows the truth, but once again, what makes this game on this level great is the human factor. No one remembers it, but they’ll remember who won the title.

Somerset did deserve to win, so did mayfield, I have stepped on the field in stripes, and ref blew the call. Mayfield should never had let somerset get in that position, but if anything that’s offensive pass interference.
[quote=OutlawJoseyWales]������. Think what you want....go to KSR and look at it from that angle.....plain as the nose on your face
It was pass interference.
Please delete this thread now at the request of it's originator. It's become pointless.......
rookie57 Wrote:Somerset did deserve to win, so did mayfield, I have stepped on the field in stripes, and ref blew the call. Mayfield should never had let somerset get in that position, but if anything that’s offensive pass interference.

That reference wasn’t specifically directed towards you, but people in general. And I see your point, I do. But the same could be said if somerset not letting Mayfield come back and be in that position. My point being one play or one penalty, while on the surface may look it, doesn’t decide the game.

I rooted for Mf las year to win it. This year didn’t really care one or the other, but IMO it was a 50/50 call and at his angle he made what he felt it was. If he didn’t call it somerset fans would be making the same case. Judgment call plain and simple. If they didn’t blow the coverage on the next it would have been ball game.
Looked like PI
Little effort to attack the ball rather than player.

Tbh, I’d rather have seen Mayfield win.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Please delete this thread now at the request of it's originator. It's become pointless.......

Delete it? You had to know it was going to cause drama when you started it now you are acting like the good guy that's wanting to mediate things. It's a 50/50 call that either way called is going to impact who gets the gold, and who gets the silver. I'd hate to be an official in that position. Either way one fan base is happy one is pissed. If it's called the other way the roles are reversed. You started the thread to get a heated discussion. I'm almost drunk now because of what happened, and if it went the other way I would not have started this discussion cause nothing good can come out of it. Both teams played there asses off. Both deserved to win, neither deserved to lose that's championship football. Congrats to somerset on the championship they deserved the win, but I feel bad for Mayfield they deserved to win too. Sometimes things just don't go your way. Again congrats to Somerset they deserved it if there can be only one you are more than worthy. Heard they showed a lot of class to Mayfield in there loss thank you for that. I felt the same way when Williamsburg played their butts off in 2014. Hate to see any team lose like that. Same with Boyle County this year.
Tica Wrote:The real question is why was the Somerset receiver unguarded on the final play. The previous play did not decide the game. The last play decided it.

Kade went out and we had to put a sophomore in his place. It happens. Just part of the game.
Somerset was the better team on this day and deserved the win. This one play didn't cost MF the game. Was it PI? Not to my eyes, but I can respect why others would disagree. Now for the part that will ruffle feathers, but I couldn't care less. If everything was reversed, I'd bet my next paycheck MF wouldn't get that call.
Spud6 Wrote:https://twitter.com/kysportsradio/status...7856946177

Here’s the better angle. That definitely was not pass interference in my opinion.

100% pass interference. Ball wasn't there, Mayfield kid gave a nice shove to the WR. The definition of pass interference couldn't be any more clear, in my opinion.