Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2A Pass Interference at the end
https://twitter.com/JoshMooreHL/status/1...06946?s=19

Not sure this angle gives the best perspective.
I watched that replay several times and paused a bunch too. Seems like the right call was made.
Brian Milam tweeted a better angle but I don’t know how to post it
Doesn’t look like much from that angle. But not the best look at it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I would have been ok either way. Called or no call.
Yeah I think it could've went either way...#6 did make contact before the ball arrived...but the Somerset WR deserves a Oscar for making it look worse.

I believe contact was made early though from that view and I think you have to throw the flag...tough one though.
Contact for sure, but I could see it called or not called.
What you gotta ask yourself is if this was a regular season game would it be pass interference ??? If this was a play that had no outcome on the game would you see it different? No chance in hell that kids catches the ball either way!! From the first angle it doesn’t look like interference to me but the second angle does! But like I said no way that kid catches the ball either way
I watched it that is a no call
Think about the official? He's seeing the play 180 degrees from 1st video. So if you think the 2nd angle looks bad imagine his view. Flag hit the ground instantly. His supervisor would agree with the call IMO.
From the NHFS brodcast it looked like a clear PI... now , especially after the better angle, (pretty much the angle of the ref) not so much. As a former DB, no way I would call that.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:What you gotta ask yourself is if this was a regular season game would it be pass interference ??? If this was a play that had no outcome on the game would you see it different? No chance in hell that kids catches the ball either way!! From the first angle it doesn’t look like interference to me but the second angle does! But like I said no way that kid catches the ball either way

No such thing as an uncatchable ball in high school.
Ashame to be in that position in first place but no way stripes should decide a game on a ball nearly in the stands
Whether it was a good call or a bad call... questionable calls are part of the game and in situations like this, one side loves the call and one side hates it. Somerset benefited from this particular call regardless of whether it was correct or not! I’m sure mayfield has benefited from calls that may or may not have been the right call. It happens! Congrats to the jumpers!
WestRedWings Wrote:Ashame to be in that position in first place but no way stripes should decide a game on a ball nearly in the stands
Did you watch the clips? #6 hits the ball with his hand and it lands 4 yds deep in the end zone ?????
https://twitter.com/kysportsradio/status...7856946177

Here’s the better angle. That definitely was not pass interference in my opinion.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
3 penalties for 10 yards vs 10 penalties for over 80 yards and game deciding call. So who was stripes for?? Mayfield won every offensive category rushing, passing, net yards, total yards, won turnover battle, had more time of possession also. How does that happen? We just lost this one but not sure how
It looks like contact was made before the ball hit there IMO. Good call
It was the correct call he made contact and went through his back and you can’t go through the mans back PI everytime
I didn't even realize there would be controversy over it. It looked like a no brainer to me, but I'm not going to pretend to be unbiased so take that for what it's worth.
I just felt like it was touchy. The defender was already standing there. He didn’t run into the receiver. He just jumped straight up for the ball and made contact. But I can see it called PI for sure.
#BBFL
Looks like a call that one side will hate and one will love. Could have gone either way imo.
WestRedWings Wrote:3 penalties for 10 yards vs 10 penalties for over 80 yards and game deciding call. So who was stripes for?? Mayfield won every offensive category rushing, passing, net yards, total yards, won turnover battle, had more time of possession also. How does that happen? We just lost this one but not sure how

I know of at least 3 times that Somerset receivers ran by Mayfield defenders and the defensive back grabbed them instead of giving up 6. Then you had the false starts and the personal foul which were all deserved. Plus the fumble that they decided to give back to Mayfield after the offense/defense were changing out. Don't act like the refs determined this one. You had Somerset 84 yards away, with no time outs and 28 seconds to go. You've shown no respect for your opponent all week. You could at least respect that. But we don't need your respect. We'll just take the championship.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I know of at least 3 times that Somerset receivers ran by Mayfield defenders and the defensive back grabbed them instead of giving up 6. Then you had the false starts and the personal foul which were all deserved. Plus the fumble that they decided to give back to Mayfield after the offense/defense were changing out. Don't act like the refs determined this one. You had Somerset 84 yards away, with no time outs and 28 seconds to go. You've shown no respect for your opponent all week. You could at least respect that. But we don't need your respect. We'll just take the championship.

Well said!
Personally I wouldn’t have thrown the flag on that for defensive pi but that was a tough spot to be in and I’m sure the ref would be taking heat regardless. Hate to have a good game come down to that.
If you watched this video not having an interest in the game what would you call? I see a slightly overthrown ball with two players making a play on the ball. The ref may have instantly thrown his flag but that doesnt mean it was correct but just he was looking for any reason.
The real question is why was the Somerset receiver unguarded on the final play. The previous play did not decide the game. The last play decided it.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I watched that replay several times and paused a bunch too. Seems like the right call was made.

I would agree. Not a lot of refs my throw the flag due to the situation....but the Mayfield defender completely knocked the Somerset receiver to the ground prior to ball arriving.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I would agree. Not a lot of refs my throw the flag due to the situation....but the Mayfield defender completely knocked the Somerset receiver to the ground prior to ball arriving.

Wrong