•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Hazard
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I heard yesterday that Hazard met with legendary coach Bert Browne. Wonder how that went?

Been on here a few times but never posted. Saw this and had to sign up. I havent seen Bert in years and don't know where he is now but this seems like a pretty good fit. Thoughts?
They will find a great coach!! Should be right in the mix for class A run next season
MountainBaller Wrote:I hear the final 2 candidates are Tim Koogler and Wade Lindon.

Lord help them if they get Tim Koogler.... was not happy with him during his time coaching my Eagles.
hitter Wrote:Haddix has called and asked about the job

Fake news
Haddix would be a good hire.. stay away from Larry.. Coaches buyout is way to high for Hazard.. 275,000.00 buyout
99.99999 % chance it’s goes to someone already on staff just like every other small school job!! Nobody moves to Hazard...they move away from Hazard
I'm a big David Jones fan. He was a great player and is a great coach...I've known him for several years and he is a great person. If I were Hazard I would at least check and see if he has any interest in returning to the mountains.
Singing up to battle Pikeville year in and year out... good luck.
Elite Eagle Wrote:Lord help them if they get Tim Koogler.... was not happy with him during his time coaching my Eagles.
I’d like to know what’s so bad about koogler, they won a state championship his first year on the Hazard staff?
I love how some of you Pikeville people make everything about you!
MountainSportsGuru94 Wrote:I’d like to know what’s so bad about koogler, they won a state championship his first year on the Hazard staff?

They also had tremendous talent on that hazard team and would have done it that without Koogler.

Not to mention the starting qb on that team was a transfer from Leslie county and it was his first year eligible... I’d say the qb had more to do with the teams success than some assistant coach.

But coming from someone who watched Koogler coach for years and had family that played under him... the dude is a defensive guru... just not head coach material.
A-Block Wrote:What if they went after someone like a David Jones or Larkey?

Really....???
hitter Wrote:Haddix has called and asked about the job

Lair...
#55PirateFan Wrote:^^^ This

Do they have the talent coming up to deal with Pikeville...just sayin Corbin has the talent coming...
#55PirateFan Wrote:^^^ This

Come on now you know more than anyone especially after this year you play who’s in front of you....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Coach Hines at Pulaski County would be an interesting name to reach out to.

Hines has been very outspoken about the lack of facilities (specifically turf) support he has received at Pulaski County and after this year's losses to Southwestern the natives have been restless. Somerset winning a title also won't make the static from boosters any less.

His offensive philosophy is well suited for the program in place already at Hazard and he enough clout that he can generate enough excitement to keep some talent from following Dixon to the county.

Just a thought....

Hines will never leave Pulaski, unless for college...why would he...for all his detractors he’s won there despite them...it is what it is...
Elite Eagle Wrote:They also had tremendous talent on that hazard team and would have done it that without Koogler.

Not to mention the starting qb on that team was a transfer from Leslie county and it was his first year eligible... I’d say the qb had more to do with the teams success than some assistant coach.

But coming from someone who watched Koogler coach for years and had family that played under him... the dude is a defensive guru... just not head coach material.

Anytime you keep someone who has been to a state championship or was a part of a state championship winning staff would get the nod from me. & Hazard had a hole on there team to fill and they did, the qb was a game manager in a run heavy offense they rushed 414 times compared to passing 214 times.
2000PHS Wrote:Do you think people thought JC would become what they did? I think Matney has exceeded even the highest of expectations while at JC. Dixon has won a state title and coached in a few more. He will be successful. If beating JC year in and year out is the bar we set for him, 95% of the schools in KY would be failures.
I fully expected JC to become the program that it is when they hired Jim Matney because I saw what he did at Sheldon Clark with fewer resources.

Besides, Johnson Central's program was not in bad shape before Matney turned down the JC job three years before he accepted it. JC was undefeated in its final regular season under Bill Musick. The program fell on hard times because of what I considered two bad hires that resulted in three very bad seasons. Johnson Central's feeder system remained strong as did its wrestling program, which were great assets that helped Matney turn the program around so quickly. His hiring also resulted in fewer good players crossing the creek to play for the Tigers.

Perry Central has the potential to develop a great football program. Losing Coach Dixon is probably going to negatively impact Hazard's program.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I fully expected JC to become the program that it is when they hired Jim Matney because I saw what he did at Sheldon Clark with fewer resources.

Besides, Johnson Central's program was not in bad shape before Matney turned down the JC job three years before he accepted it. JC was undefeated in its final regular season under Bill Musick. The program fell on hard times because of what I considered two bad hires that resulted in three very bad seasons. Johnson Central's feeder system remained strong as did its wrestling program, which were great assets that helped Matney turn the program around so quickly. His hiring also resulted in fewer good players crossing the creek to play for the Tigers.

Perry Central has the potential to develop a great football program. Losing Coach Dixon is probably going to negatively impact Hazard's program.

Agree with everything you said. I have no doubt that Coach Dixon/PCC will do some great things b/c of what you stated.

Goes without saying, but that's why this hire is so important for Hazard. They need somebody who has proven they can win and as the AD from Ole Miss stated at the Lane Kiffin presser- "we have to find a head coach, who can walk into that room and absolutely take over that room."

Important hire. Very.
64SUR Wrote:Haddix has not call about the hazard job, I was with him all weekend and we may see St. X coming to Corbin next year for a game. and going to St.X 2021 good chances this going to happened. It in St.X corner :Cheerlead

Trying to recruit Louisville now?
single shot Wrote:Do they have the talent coming up to deal with Pikeville...just sayin Corbin has the talent coming...
Where's it coming from?
pjdoug Wrote:Where's it coming from?

Whitley Co where else...
single shot Wrote:Whitley Co where else...

of course Confusednicker:
MountainSportsGuru94 Wrote:Anytime you keep someone who has been to a state championship or was a part of a state championship winning staff would get the nod from me. & Hazard had a hole on there team to fill and they did, the qb was a game manager in a run heavy offense they rushed 414 times compared to passing 214 times.

It is certainly your right to give him the nod and that’s on you but he won’t get one from me...
Don’t see Haddix leaving Corbin in a million years. Also can’t see Hines leaving Pulaski. Reaching out to Greer would be their best bet to bring in an elite coach.
Texans_99 Wrote:Don’t see Haddix leaving Corbin in a million years. Also can’t see Hines leaving Pulaski. Reaching out to Greer would be their best bet to bring in an elite coach.

elite?
My question is why don’t they go after Mike Holcomb who is still coaching and helping Breathitt Co. I’m thinking he is retired , but would win state titles.
How far is Hazard to the Lexington area?
Texans_99 Wrote:Don’t see Haddix leaving Corbin in a million years. Also can’t see Hines leaving Pulaski. Reaching out to Greer would be their best bet to bring in an elite coach.

haddux can’t even win state title at corbyn and all there recruit they do
2face Wrote:haddux can’t even win state title at corbyn and all there recruit they do

:1:Give him time, he might get his first this coming year. The year of the REDHOUNDS!
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next