• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Hazard
With Mark Dixon taking the Perry County Central job, who lands this big time job?
I’m thinking seriously about taking this job :phone: call me happy :Cheerlead
This is just totally throwing a name out there with no knowledge. Coach Sullivan has to get a head coaching job eventually. He’s like Dabo Swinneys defensive coordinator. Could be a great head coach but doesn’t want to leave a good setup which could be the situation for Coach Sullivan at Pikeville.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I have no idea why someone would leave Hazard for Perry Central in football, seems like a downward move honestly. That said Hazard will attract a lot of good candidates, it’s a place you can win at.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I have no idea why someone would leave Hazard for Perry Central in football, seems like a downward move honestly. That said Hazard will attract a lot of good candidates, it’s a place you can win at.

See Matney. Sheldon Clark to JC. Regional contender to a bottom feeder 90% of the years. Now a state title contender every year.
Spud6 Wrote:This is just totally throwing a name out there with no knowledge. Coach Sullivan has to get a head coaching job eventually. He’s like Dabo Swinneys defensive coordinator. Could be a great head coach but doesn’t want to leave a good setup which could be the situation for Coach Sullivan at Pikeville.

Interesting choice, I do think he would be a very good head coach.

I would think Hazard would want someone with head coaching experience but I've seen DC's make very good head coaches and every coach has to get his/her first head coaching job eventually if that's what they desire.

Granted I don't know him well but I don't see him leaving his current gig anytime soon.
PHSFAN Wrote:Interesting choice, I do think he would be a very good head coach.

I would think Hazard would want someone with head coaching experience but I've seen DC's make very good head coaches and every coach has to get his/her first head coaching job eventually if that's what they desire.

Granted I don't know him well but I don't see him leaving his current gig anytime soon.

Neither do I but he’d make a great coach and if they win it all this year. I think he goes looking for his own head coaching job.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Neither do I but he’d make a great coach and if they win it all this year. I think he goes looking for his own head coaching job.

You may be right, will be interesting to see what happens there.

I just assumed since he has lived in Pikeville his whole life and has a pretty sweet setup right now he would be the DC there for the foreseeable future and someday coach his little boys there...however every great coach, or atleast the vast majority, have a burning desire to run their own program. If that is his goal I hope he gets a good opportunity.
Will Corbin lose their coach?
I don't think anyone would leave their alma mater at Pikeville to go to an inter-district rival like Hazard unless the money was just too good to pass up. Plus, I think he has children who I'm sure he also wants to grow up and be Panthers. I know Belfry had had assistant coaches turn down head coaching vacancies to remain an assistant at Belfry.
I hear the final 2 candidates are Tim Koogler and Wade Lindon.
Tim Koogler knows Football and is a class act. Hard shoes to fill though being in the same district as Pikeville.
2000PHS Wrote:See Matney. Sheldon Clark to JC. Regional contender to a bottom feeder 90% of the years. Now a state title contender every year.

I don’t think that will happen at Perry Central. Even if they got all of Hazard’s talent (which they won’t) they would struggle in 5A, and they are in JC’s district which means at best he’s gonna be fighting for second place for a few years anyways.
PHSFAN Wrote:You may be right, will be interesting to see what happens there.

I just assumed since he has lived in Pikeville his whole life and has a pretty sweet setup right now he would be the DC there for the foreseeable future and someday coach his little boys there...however every great coach, or atleast the vast majority, have a burning desire to run their own program. If that is his goal I hope he gets a good opportunity.
Sully is the Head Coach in waiting at Pikeville whenever Coach Mac decides to hang it up.
MountainBaller Wrote:I hear the final 2 candidates are Tim Koogler and Wade Lindon.

Dixon just accepted the job and they've already got it down to 2 candidates? Not even going to post it and see who might be interested, huh?
fridaynightfights Wrote:I don’t think that will happen at Perry Central. Even if they got all of Hazard’s talent (which they won’t) they would struggle in 5A, and they are in JC’s district which means at best he’s gonna be fighting for second place for a few years anyways.

4A and to hear the Perry faithful tell it, most of Hazards players came from Perry. If that’s the case, all that talent might stay put from now on.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I don’t think that will happen at Perry Central. Even if they got all of Hazard’s talent (which they won’t) they would struggle in 5A, and they are in JC’s district which means at best he’s gonna be fighting for second place for a few years anyways.

Do you think people thought JC would become what they did? I think Matney has exceeded even the highest of expectations while at JC. Dixon has won a state title and coached in a few more. He will be successful. If beating JC year in and year out is the bar we set for him, 95% of the schools in KY would be failures.
pjdoug Wrote:Will Corbin lose their coach?

Very interesting PJ. I could see this happening. Haddix was a star at Breathitt, and Hazard it just right down the road...

:oooo:
I would think it would be Chuck Fugate's if he wanted it...
Fugate went with Dixon.
jumpshooter Wrote:Very interesting PJ. I could see this happening. Haddix was a star at Breathitt, and Hazard it just right down the road...

:oooo:

Yep. Chappell is a hometown boy, too. Any chance he gets the job?
Following a legend at a tradition rich program whose fan base is used to competing is no easy task. Whomever Hazard chooses as HC better be someone the entire community respects or Hazard will be looking for a Coach again in 2 years.
jumpshooter Wrote:Very interesting PJ. I could see this happening. Haddix was a star at Breathitt, and Hazard it just right down the road...

I’d like to think Haddix has no intention of leaving Corbin for Hazard but stranger things have happened. Too much talent on the Redhound sideline to leave now.
pjdoug Wrote:Yep. Chappell is a hometown boy, too. Any chance he gets the job?

Good chance he might be on the sideline in Perry Co next year but not in the blue and gold Confusedinglepar
Justin Haddix to Hazard. Closer to home. 😂
CowboyDad Wrote:I’d like to think Haddix has no intention of leaving Corbin for Hazard but stranger things have happened. Too much talent on the Redhound sideline to leave now.

But he wouldn't have to contend with Johnson Central and Boyle County in 1A.
Spud6 Wrote:This is just totally throwing a name out there with no knowledge. Coach Sullivan has to get a head coaching job eventually. He’s like Dabo Swinneys defensive coordinator. Could be a great head coach but doesn’t want to leave a good setup which could be the situation for Coach Sullivan at Pikeville.

Sullivan is the heir apparent at Pikeville and I doubt he would take a job coaching against the Panthers at this point.
Tommie Greer is looking for a coaching job
E's Army Wrote:Tommie Greer is looking for a coaching job

Why isn't he coaching at Corbin then?
Out of his own mouth he wants to be a head coach next year.
  • 1(current)
  • Next