Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville’s seating at Kroger
it is odd but be glad, home side seating until you get to the 20 yard lines starts at $25 and if you want Woodford room its more. The entire visitors side is general admission at $15. Mayfield and Pikeville swapped hotels this year. Pikeville is at Griffin Gate and Mayfield is at the Fairfield across the street. Mayfield was originally assigned Griffin Gate and ask if they could change. We lost every time we were at Griffin. Mayfield and Pikeville are the only 2 teams the KHSAA site shows as staying the night or atleast were assigned hotels
2000PHS Wrote:Pikeville fans were upset. It was abundantly clear on social media. “But we are the higher seed” “we are the home team” blah blah blah

More of preemptively getting ahead of “but we are the higher rated team” questions by stating we know this, but we still will be on the other side. Several Pikeville fans had already purchased tickets in the reserved area since common sense would have said that is the side that Pikeville would occupy, so it was important to get that information out quickly and correct any word to the contrary.

As mentioned before, it is nice to have that access if fans want it, but cheaper tickets and not being split up by the reserved sections and neutral fans is certainly a good deal. If anything it is just perplexing as to why it is how it is and an explanation would have been welcomed.

But blah blah blah should have sufficed I guess.
bucslover68 Wrote:Visitors side is best. General Admission all the way. Other side is Woodford Reserve and all that. The stadium has to be cleared after every game so I’m not sure how much Belfry/ Pikeville spillover will happen unless people wanna buy two sets of tickets. Question for the Pikeville fans and it’s really no big just curious as to why they are advertising the tickets for sale at the school for $15 dollars instead of $13 like all the other schools and that’s the price the KHSAA has on their website. Like I said no big deal I am just curious.

If you notice, you pay 15.00 at the west gate entrance (9 & 10) as well.
MountainBall44 Wrote:Top of the bracket gets the home side.

If you look at the bracket from each week you will see that brackets were move based on the team RPI and opponents. Paintsville started out in the bottom bracket but played and won their last game in the upper bracket.

It would have been nice that KHSAA let everyone know that "Home" did not mean sidelines, just Colors, the scoreboard has the school name that can be put on either side (not Home and Guest).

Which side the your Team and Fans are on does not matter, but getting the ball into Paintsville endzone is the only thing that matters.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:If you notice, you pay 15.00 at the west gate entrance (9 & 10) as well.

What I am trying to find out is why they are saying the tickets are 15 dollars AT PHS? KHSAA clearly says the ones sold AT the schools are $13. I think they made a mistake in the info they released today about the ticket prices being sold in house.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:If you notice, you pay 15.00 at the west gate entrance (9 & 10) as well.

Yea you pay 15 at the gate but the ones at the school should be 13.
Snakesnot Wrote:Be happy you're on the visitors side. It's 25 bucks a ticket to sit between the 35's on the home side.

Paintsville has 128 ticket in the Field Club for $13 If you know anyone.

khsaa.org/football/2019/finals/stateinstructions.pdf
Page 6 -

Teams assigned to the South side of the stadium (Alumni Drive side) have been shipped an additional 128 seats in the Field Club that can be sold the same price as the other General Admission seats.
For what its worth, Mayfield was the visiting side the last 2 years in a row
bucslover68 Wrote:What I am trying to find out is why they are saying the tickets are 15 dollars AT PHS? KHSAA clearly says the ones sold AT the schools are $13. I think they made a mistake in the info they released today about the ticket prices being sold in house.

That's bound to be the case, a miscommunication between PHS and the KHSAA, because I can't think of any reason why it would be two dollars more.
PantherMaroon Wrote:If you look at the bracket from each week you will see that brackets were move based on the team RPI and opponents. Paintsville started out in the bottom bracket but played and won their last game in the upper bracket.

It would have been nice that KHSAA let everyone know that "Home" did not mean sidelines, just Colors, the scoreboard has the school name that can be put on either side (not Home and Guest).

Which side the your Team and Fans are on does not matter, but getting the ball into Paintsville endzone is the only thing that matters.

Bingo !
Oh well
As others have said, the visitor's side is the better side anyway. I think they should call that the home side.