Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville’s seating at Kroger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Even though Pikeville is the home team, they have been assigned the visitor sideline and fan seating. This is the ONLY team that this has happened to.

Because of Kash? Some other reason? Thoughts?
Not sure other than they were there last year and had the home sideline last year and wanted to switch them this year.
Does U.K. even have a say in who gets which side?
I don’t know the answer to this but I also don’t care just glad that Pikeville is playing in the championship game.
VoR_58 Wrote:Even though Pikeville is the home team, they have been assigned the visitor sideline and fan seating. This is the ONLY team that this has happened to.

Because of Kash? Some other reason? Thoughts?

Thought that was odd when I saw the schedule of seating, etc. this morning. Makes no difference to me, just want to see our Panthers win a fifth title. What is kind of odd is Panther fans will be considered the visiting team, and will wear the home uniforms. Btw. This will not be a cake walk for Pikeville. These boys will have to be ready to play a physical game, and hold on to the ball. Few mistakes as possible, because Paintsville would love capitalize on it. Hope we pack the stands Friday and show our support for this team and it's coaches. They have earned it and deserve it. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!!
I can promise one thing that Kash Daniel is not dictating which side of the field Pikeville sits on LOL.
Gus McCrae Wrote:Thought that was odd when I saw the schedule of seating, etc. this morning. Makes no difference to me, just want to see our Panthers win a fifth title. What is kind of odd is Panther fans will be considered the visiting team, and will wear the home uniforms. Btw. This will not be a cake walk for Pikeville. These boys will have to be ready to play a physical game, and hold on to the ball. Few mistakes as possible, because Paintsville would love capitalize on it. Hope we pack the stands Friday and show our support for this team and it's coaches. They have earned it and deserve it. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!!

Agree Gus. Got to play our "A" game and be as mistake free as possible. I think
our Panthers win this game, but like you said....no cake walk. Me and my buddies will be doing our part to fill those stands come Friday.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I can promise one thing that Kash Daniel is not dictating which side of the field Pikeville sits on LOL.

Lol ! I don't think any Pikeville fan would be thinking that. The way this team is playing now, it don't matter to them which side they are designated to be. Panther fans are hopeful, but not paranoid, Lol !
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Lol ! I don't think any Pikeville fan would be thinking that. The way this team is playing now, it don't matter to them which side they are designated to be. Panther fans are hopeful, but not paranoid, Lol !

I am not sure why Pikeville is sitting on the visitor side, but if I had to put a conspiracy theory it would be because Belfry plays after them and Belfry will be on the visiting side and the KHSAA is assuming there may be some spill over from the first game of Panther fans sitting with Pirates and this makes it easier.

Just my theory.
Probably because of the location of those seats are easier to access the exit. They probably expect Pikeville fans to slowly begin making their way out just after the start of the 4th, when the realization starts setting in that the Tigers have the game well in hand! That’s the only reason that makes sense to me anyway.
This is interesting. I feel like EKU might be on to something up there. A lot of folks from Pikeville will more than likely stay for Belfry game. But on the other hand. Aren’t the game start times like 4 hours apart? So how would that even work?
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Probably because of the location of those seats are easier to access the exit. They probably expect Pikeville fans to slowly begin making their way out just after the start of the 4th, when the realization starts setting in that the Tigers have the game well in hand! That’s the only reason that makes sense to me anyway.

Ain’t gonna respond. Nope. Promised myself I would try and be good. Lol
Spud6 Wrote:This is interesting. I feel like EKU might be on to something up there. A lot of folks from Pikeville will more than likely stay for Belfry game. But on the other hand. Aren’t the game start times like 4 hours apart? So how would that even work?

Probably looking at three hours from kickoff of the first game until all the hoopla and trophies are handed out.

15 minutes to clear the field and re-set as needed, then 45:00 for warm-ups and pregame for the next game.

I could definitely see this potentially from a strictly logistical standpoint. For early arriving Belfry fans you dont want them sitting in that section and staying or drawing more Belfry fans... for late staying Pikeville fans you dont want someone staying put and cheering for a different team amongst another fanbase.

This eliminates that as any possibility.
Top of the bracket gets the home side.
It’s about time something did not go Pikeville’s way this post season! I mean you have played the absolute easiest playoff schedule known to man. Even received a bye the first round. Boo freaking hoo you don’t get the home side.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Probably because of the location of those seats are easier to access the exit. They probably expect Pikeville fans to slowly begin making their way out just after the start of the 4th, when the realization starts setting in that the Tigers have the game well in hand! That’s the only reason that makes sense to me anyway.

Top notch post. I seriously laughed out loud! I think even the Pikeville fans chuckled at this. All in good fun Pikeville peeps.
2000PHS Wrote:It’s about time something did not go Pikeville’s way this post season! I mean you have played the absolute easiest playoff schedule known to man. Even received a bye the first round. Boo freaking hoo you don’t get the home side.

I didn’t see on here where anybody cared but you Paintsville fans trying to make something out of it. I believe I said that. Closer to my car on that side so I can get out faster and celebrate and won’t have to see the blues come over the blue side of the stadium. See I can be mean when I want too

We won’t be the ones leaving early it will be the blues brothers exiting.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am not sure why Pikeville is sitting on the visitor side, but if I had to put a conspiracy theory it would be because Belfry plays after them and Belfry will be on the visiting side and the KHSAA is assuming there may be some spill over from the first game of Panther fans sitting with Pirates and this makes it easier.

Just my theory.

EKUAlum, the Belfry crowd or at least some of them will be in attendance for the first game to be for the Panthers just like some of the Pikeville fans will be for Belfry so I guess there goes your conspiracy.
Patriot1 Wrote:I didn’t see on here where anybody cared but you Paintsville fans trying to make something out of it. I believe I said that. Closer to my car on that side so I can get out faster and celebrate and won’t have to see the blues come over the blue side of the stadium. See I can be mean when I want too

Pikeville fans were upset. It was abundantly clear on social media. “But we are the higher seed” “we are the home team” blah blah blah
2000PHS Wrote:Pikeville fans were upset. It was abundantly clear on social media. “But we are the higher seed” “we are the home team” blah blah blah

Well I didn’t get on social media and follow Pikeville fans but seems like you did. I was talking about on here and it don’t matter just hope Pikeville wins if we have to sit on the ends.
Patriot1 Wrote:Well I didn’t get on social media and follow Pikeville fans but seems like you did. I was talking about on here and it don’t matter just hope Pikeville wins if we have to sit on the ends.

I did and they ain’t happy lol

Seriously, I’m just happy this game is happening as well.
2000PHS Wrote:It’s about time something did not go Pikeville’s way this post season! I mean you have played the absolute easiest playoff schedule known to man. Even received a bye the first round. Boo freaking hoo you don’t get the home side.

Home side ? Like Boo Freaking Hoo……..Who gives a flip what side we set? Like I said in another thread, these boys just want to continue to play and win. what side we set on is just Paintsville -like childishness. :biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am not sure why Pikeville is sitting on the visitor side, but if I had to put a conspiracy theory it would be because Belfry plays after them and Belfry will be on the visiting side and the KHSAA is assuming there may be some spill over from the first game of Panther fans sitting with Pirates and this makes it easier.

Just my theory.

The only conspiracy theory possible would be a blue and white tiger named
Adam Schiff being behind it all. Lol !!
Be happy you're on the visitors side. It's 25 bucks a ticket to sit between the 35's on the home side.
Visitors side is best. General Admission all the way. Other side is Woodford Reserve and all that. The stadium has to be cleared after every game so I’m not sure how much Belfry/ Pikeville spillover will happen unless people wanna buy two sets of tickets. Question for the Pikeville fans and it’s really no big just curious as to why they are advertising the tickets for sale at the school for $15 dollars instead of $13 like all the other schools and that’s the price the KHSAA has on their website. Like I said no big deal I am just curious.
Btw, the seating is based on the bracket. Top team is home and bottom team is visitor.
2000PHS Wrote:I did and they ain’t happy lol

Seriously, I’m just happy this game is happening as well.

I follow a ton of Pikeville fans on various social media and I’ve not seen anyone complain. I’ve seen people wondering why we aren’t on same side as our boys, that’s about it.
PHSForever Wrote:I follow a ton of Pikeville fans on various social media and I’ve not seen anyone complain. I’ve seen people wondering why we aren’t on same side as our boys, that’s about it.

It’s hard to gauge tone on social media but I sensed it with what I was seeing. Even the official Panther outlet started the message with “ even though we are the home team and the higher seed, we are on the visitor sideline.” To be if it didn’t bother you, just say “we are on the visitor side, buy tickets accordingly”

I was just having some fun in this thread so don’t take it too seriously. If you want expert analysis, follow me on the game thread haha 😂
If the KHSAA is treating seating at the Class A game differently than the other 5 games, they should state the reason. I won't hold my breath.
Pages: 1 2