Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 36 Louisville Holy Cross 7
jetpilot Wrote:As a unit Paintsville's 1st team defense gave up more points the last two weeks than Pikeville's has all year long.

Are you including the epic shut out of Jenkins?
Ralph Furley Wrote:Are you including the epic shut out of Jenkins?

That game wasn't played but I am counting Williamsburg going up and down the field on Paintsville.
Hambley Wrote:The last 4 minutes of this Holy Cross game we’re crazy. It became obvious that the refs didn’t want anymore scores. I’ve never seen anything like it. TD’s called back, sideline warnings, holds.... just crazy

Yep. Too noticeable.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Yep. Too noticeable.

The block in the back call was a really iffy one. The ref on the same sideline running behind the player didn’t call it but the guy across the field on the other side called it which makes no sense to me.

But the one that really made me mad was the sideline warning that ref gave to Pikeville’s sideline. It looked like he got way too much pleasure out of calling that one. It was a running clock at the point to and Pikeville has the ball on the 20 yard line way away from the Pikeville sideline.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
jetpilot Wrote:That game wasn't played but I am counting Williamsburg going up and down the field on Paintsville.

Where you at Ralph’s no response to Jet. Now he made a good observation where is your come back.
jetpilot Wrote:That game wasn't played but I am counting Williamsburg going up and down the field on Paintsville.

Points allowed from other games are one thing to look at. Seems the more important and most accurate look would be when Paintsville D lined up against Pikeville offense and vice versa. Since that’s actually the reason jet is talking comparison’s. The discussion is about which of the two D’s are better? Correct? We all understand matchups make the difference so the ONLY game we can accurately compare would be the past Pikeville/Paintsville matchup. Paintsville/Raceland and Pikeville/Raceland was also very similar neither team being able to move the ball at will against another solid 1A Defense. BUT as for Pikeville/Paintsville I definitely cannot say that either is stronger than the other. It will come down to mistakes, turnovers.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Points allowed from other games are one thing to look at. Seems the more important and most accurate look would be when Paintsville D lined up against Pikeville offense and vice versa. Since that’s actually the reason jet is talking comparison’s. The discussion is about which of the two D’s are better? Correct? We all understand matchups make the difference so the ONLY game we can accurately compare would be the past Pikeville/Paintsville matchup. Paintsville/Raceland and Pikeville/Raceland was also very similar neither team being able to move the ball at will against another solid 1A Defense. BUT as for Pikeville/Paintsville I definitely cannot say that either is stronger than the other. It will come down to mistakes, turnovers.

You go with early September, I will go with late November/early December.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Points allowed from other games are one thing to look at. Seems the more important and most accurate look would be when Paintsville D lined up against Pikeville offense and vice versa. Since that’s actually the reason jet is talking comparison’s. The discussion is about which of the two D’s are better? Correct? We all understand matchups make the difference so the ONLY game we can accurately compare would be the past Pikeville/Paintsville matchup. Paintsville/Raceland and Pikeville/Raceland was also very similar neither team being able to move the ball at will against another solid 1A Defense. BUT as for Pikeville/Paintsville I definitely cannot say that either is stronger than the other. It will come down to mistakes, turnovers.

Sometimes Blue-Bird you sound like me, an that’s not a good thing I will tell you. But I will agree with you here. Everyone that knows these two teams know how much heart they will put into this rivalry game. To me all those first games you can threw out the door because it doesn’t matter. This game will 48 minutes of heart and soul and don’t see anything else but an all out war. But as my biased self GO PANTHERS!!!