Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 36 Louisville Holy Cross 7
Running clock 10 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter. Holy Cross punches one in with 10 seconds left.

Pikeville advances to play for a state championship in Lexington.
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats to Panthers
Way to go Panthers!
Isaac started out a little shaky. But he got dialed in and he was on.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pikeville TD called back in the last minute and then HC scores on JV on last play...more like a 43-0 game.
Radio guys said HC had 23 total yards...
Everyone talks about Pikeville’s offense and the weapons over there for good reason. But that’s defense is incredible. The 7-8 guys in the box lead buy Jon Collum are nasty!
#BBFL
Congratulations Pikeville Panthers :Cheerlead
Congratulations Pikeville!!!
Congratulations to the Panthers, started out a little slow then went on a rampage. Defense is playing lights out. On to the next one and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville TD called back in the last minute and then HC scores on JV on last play...more like a 43-0 game.
Radio guys said HC had 23 total yards...

So which score should we go by?

Congrats Panthers!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:So which score should we go by?

Congrats Panthers!

Either one you want!
Congrats Panthers ! One more to go and it's for all the marbles. Panthers got this ! 26 - 13
Congratulations go out to our Panthers. I knew you could do it. Just play your game and bring home the hardware to Pikeville. Paintsville is very good and will put up a good fight , but Panthers got this.
jetpilot Wrote:Either one you want!

Now Jet we are going to hear how great KCD offense was in the first half and defense
This game could have got really ugly without a running clock for a state semifinal game.
Pikeville defense just on another level right now. Hard to find a high school defense with no weak link. Very fun to watch
Patriot1 Wrote:Now Jet we are going to hear how great KCD offense was in the first half and defense

Glad you brought that up Patriot, I wasn’t going to say anything BUT...KCD was every bit what their record and ranking showed! They had athletes all over the field. Paintsville offense has REALLY stepped up, 2nd half of season. Pikeville D is strong but just not sure it can contain Paintsville’s Offense this time around!
kywvfan Wrote:Pikeville defense just on another level right now. Hard to find a high school defense with no weak link. Very fun to watch

Probably because they haven’t played anyone with a heartbeat for the past month and a half.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Glad you brought that up Patriot, I wasn’t going to say anything BUT...KCD was every bit what their record and ranking showed! They had athletes all over the field. Paintsville offense has REALLY stepped up, 2nd half of season. Pikeville D is strong but just not sure it can contain Paintsville’s Offense this time around!

I didn't think they should have been ranked top 5 in Class A, much less #1. I thought it was obvious all season that Pikeville and Paintsville were the 2 best 1A teams. I think the 5 best 1A teams this season were all mountain teams. Hazard, Raceland, and Williamsburg would have all beaten Holy Cross, NewCath and KCD in my opinion. The only team I'm not sure about is Hazard... Williamsburg and Raceland were the 3rd and 4th best in 1A this season....just my opinion.
Bird I guess we will see Friday but I’m sure glad they run the starting Qb at Freddy Douglas off. He is getting ready to get a ring in 5A but wasn’t good enough in the ville. They would have been a lot more dangerous with Qb that can throw the football.
Ralph Furley Wrote:Probably because they haven’t played anyone with a heartbeat for the past month and a half.

:biglmao:
Ralph Furley Wrote:Probably because they haven’t played anyone with a heartbeat for the past month and a half.

Beat that no heartbeat Hazard (that smoked Paintsville) 42-0 and 45-12.
And your crazy if you think Paintsville will be any more if a challenge than the rest have. Pikeville rolls 35-7

Louisville Holly Cross would have beat KCD and if I am not mistaken Paintsville only got 8 in that game but you correct me if I am wrong.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Glad you brought that up Patriot, I wasn’t going to say anything BUT...KCD was every bit what their record and ranking showed! They had athletes all over the field. Paintsville offense has REALLY stepped up, 2nd half of season. Pikeville D is strong but just not sure it can contain Paintsville’s Offense this time around!

No doubt both teams have improved since September, but consider this. Pikeville's offense has put up 36 on (actually43) against a good Holy Cross team, and limited them to twenty three yds. of offense for the entire game. Panther D totally shut down the pass game, and the stats tell the tell about the run game. Not putting HC down at all, but twenty three yards is not saying much at all about a good HC team. However, it is saying a whole lot about Pikeville's D. So bring it on and give it your best shot.
jetpilot Wrote:Beat that no heartbeat Hazard (that smoked Paintsville) 42-0 and 45-12.

Paintsville was short handed that night. Keep chirping all that you want to Jet because it really doesn’t bother me. Thursday’s finals will be close but I think Paintsville’s defense will lead them to the victory. As a unit Paintsville’s defense is much stronger than Pikeville’s offense, especially at the line of scrimmage.
The last 4 minutes of this Holy Cross game we’re crazy. It became obvious that the refs didn’t want anymore scores. I’ve never seen anything like it. TD’s called back, sideline warnings, holds.... just crazy
Ralph Furley Wrote:Paintsville was short handed that night. Keep chirping all that you want to Jet because it really doesn’t bother me. Thursday’s finals will be close but I think Paintsville’s defense will lead them to the victory. As a unit Paintsville’s defense is much stronger than Pikeville’s offense, especially at the line of scrimmage.

As a unit Paintsville's 1st team defense gave up more points the last two weeks than Pikeville's has all year long.
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Pikeville (KY) 31, [2019] Paintsville (KY) 13