Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class A Semifinals Louisville Holy Cross @ Pikeville
Patriot1 Wrote:Personally you don’t rub me anyway I don’t know you but some of the statements you make are derogatory digs at other teams (but you say you didn’t mean it that way) to me or that’s how I see them. I have opinion just like you and that’s fine but what I stated was your comments in another thread and that is fact not opinion, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I think “derogatory” is a little strong. Pikeville may very well walk through the next two games unchallenged. I don’t think that would shock any of us, I was just saying that if they do struggle, a reason could be the lack of being pushed for over 2 months. Nothing more nothing less. However, luckily I have Jet on here to set me straight!
2000PHS Wrote:I think “derogatory” is a little strong. Pikeville may very well walk through the next two games unchallenged. I don’t think that would shock any of us, I was just saying that if they do struggle, a reason could be the lack of being pushed for over 2 months. Nothing more nothing less. However, luckily I have Jet on here to set me straight!

Now that I can truly agree with. Jet is one true Panther fan and definitely voices his opinion differently than me, but he does make me laugh some. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Phs 35-14.
First half snaps are pretty meaningful against good teams. I prefer using them to get the job done versus waiting until those precious 4th quarter ones.
Hopefully Holy Cross can pull it off. I’m pulling for HC since they knocked off the Breds. Send the coach out on big win and a state title game to boot.
Pikeville - 31
Holy Cross - 10
This game will be similar to the Hazard game in the 1st half. Holy Cross will lineup and try to run it at Pikeville. They will mix in the play action as well from that running formation. If they can have some success running the ball and actually put some points on the board (unlike Hazard) then they may keep close. The best way to beat Pikeville is to keep the offense on the sideline and limit possessions.
I’ve not seen a snap of Holy Cross football but I would imagine they have not played the caliber of team that they will be playing Friday night. I do believe Paintsville’s past couple of games will be invaluable to them over the next two but it’s also just as valuable to be able to rest your starters and keep them from injury as much as Pikeville has been able to. Pikeville shouldn’t even have many bumps and bruises and that’s a Huge benefit going into the final games.

Pikeville 42
HC 20
2000PHS Wrote:I think “derogatory” is a little strong. Pikeville may very well walk through the next two games unchallenged. I don’t think that would shock any of us, I was just saying that if they do struggle, a reason could be the lack of being pushed for over 2 months. Nothing more nothing less. However, luckily I have Jet on here to set me straight!

Go make up some more sideline passes
Tic Toc. This game will not be close. Pikeville BIG.
Holy Cross is a good & capable football team; However Pikeville is on another level!! The Panthers are clearly the best team in 1A. Pikeville has to give this one away in order for H.C. to advance. Panthers start to pull away midway through the third & cruse from there.

Pikeville 45
Holy Cross 24
Panthers by 22
bac2369 Wrote:This game will be similar to the Hazard game in the 1st half. Holy Cross will lineup and try to run it at Pikeville. They will mix in the play action as well from that running formation. If they can have some success running the ball and actually put some points on the board (unlike Hazard) then they may keep close. The best way to beat Pikeville is to keep the offense on the sideline and limit possessions.

Very easy to say, very hard to do. Hazard had no points vs Pikeville starting defense in 2 games, HC will have a very tough time vs. Pikeville defense as well. And Pikeville offense...
When reading these predictions it got me thinking... Pikeville defense don’t give up many TD’s. I will be surprised if this Holy Cross squad can put up three true offensive TD’s. I wish we could see some stats on the PHS defense up to now.
If I learned one thing in High School football it is the fact that northern Ky sports is better than eastern Ky.... just be careful about being too cocky....
Hambley Wrote:When reading these predictions it got me thinking... Pikeville defense don’t give up many TD’s. I will be surprised if this Holy Cross squad can put up three true offensive TD’s. I wish we could see some stats on the PHS defense up to now.

They are on the khsaa web site Hambley.
BlueSky Wrote:If I learned one thing in High School football it is the fact that northern Ky sports is better than eastern Ky.... just be careful about being too cocky....

Northern KY schools used to be but that’s shown to be shifting.
BlueSky Wrote:If I learned one thing in High School football it is the fact that northern Ky sports is better than eastern Ky.... just be careful about being too cocky....

If there's one thing you failed to learn about High School Football, is you failed to know anything about Pikeville Football. Don't think Hambley was being cocky at all. He's just being honest and optimistic and I agree with him. So, an F for you my friend.
Hambley Wrote:When reading these predictions it got me thinking... Pikeville defense don’t give up many TD’s. I will be surprised if this Holy Cross squad can put up three true offensive TD’s. I wish we could see some stats on the PHS defense up to now.

Pikeville #1 at points allowed. Avg 12.2

KCD #4 with 14 pts per game allowed

Holy Cross #7 with 16ppg

Raceland #8 at. 16.1ppg allowed

And Paintsville #9. With 16.5ppg allowed.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Pikeville #1 at points allowed. Avg 12.2

KCD #4 with 14 pts per game allowed

Holy Cross #7 with 16ppg

Raceland #8 at. 16.1ppg allowed

And Paintsville #9. With 16.5ppg allowed.

Most of the points scored vs. Pikeville weren't scored on first team defense.
Pikeville starting D has given up 14 points in 6 Class A games, back in September.
Also starting D has given up 1 TD in last 5 games, to a P5 D-1 guy on a short field no less.
Best Pikeville defense in many years IMO.
jetpilot Wrote:Most of the points scored vs. Pikeville weren't scored on first team defense.
Pikeville starting D has given up 14 points in 6 Class A games, back in September.
Also starting D has given up 1 TD in last 5 games, to a P5 D-1 guy on a short field no less.

Be interesting to check out the KHSAA web site to see when a Pikeville team had a defense as potent as this one. I've got one season in mind, but not sure.

When did Louisville become part of Northern Kentucky?
Gus McCrae Wrote:Be interesting to check out the KHSAA web site to see when a Pikeville team had a defense as potent as this one. I've got one season in mind, but not sure.

Goose Egg Gang of 83 comes to mind.
jetpilot Wrote:Most of the points scored vs. Pikeville weren't scored on first team defense.

True, This Pikeville D is no doubt one of the better Defenses Pikeville has had in awhile. Some thought that the meeting with Pikeville and Paintsville was a boring game however I found it pretty awesome to watch two great Defenses go at at each other the way they did. We hear folks say bend don’t break, This Pikeville defense doesn’t even really do much bending.
Like Blue-Bird said Paintsville and Pikeville defenses are both good. Pikeville’s defense carried them threw the season up to a point. Now the offense has come together (and like most thought would take awhile) they are playing lights out. When you have to replace your quarterback and some really other good players it takes some time to come together. Now they are a force with playmakers all over the field. I personally (now this is my opinion) think teams haven’t really seen how good they are. Sure we who have watched them all year have seen spots of it but it’s time now to turn it all lose. As the say all gas no brakes. Holy Cross is coming to your house to win but only you guys can prevent that and they have a really good team and have played a good schedule. So they also are battled tested so buckle up Panthers Friday is the next step to what goals you guys have set for your team and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
PHSForever Wrote:Goose Egg Gang of 83 comes to mind.

Yeah. That was a good team back in the day. If i'm not mistaken, Danny Passidomo was a RB on that team, and the late Gene Pinson QB ? I remember Pat McNamee being one of the linemen too. May be wrong on some of these. I checked with the KHSAA web site, and just got limited info. of past Pikeville team's D stats. In 1987 there were 35 fumble recoveries for the season. That would average 3.5 fumbles per game, and in 1988 that team allowed 1,100 yds. per season. I assume that's a 10 game season. If so, of course that would be allowing 10 pts. per game. Those two teams (87 & 88 were part of the "Big Dawg D" defense. Would like to have found more info, like stats per game, but that was I could come up at this time.
The 1978 Panther team gave up 99 points in a 10 game regular season for 9.9 per game and two of those games were 20 point opponent scores where the starters were dressed at halftime. The Swarm as it was named in AA competition. With that said there are probably more teams that had good defenses and it's only a part of the Panther Tradition!
Gus McCrae Wrote:Yeah. That was a good team back in the day. If i'm not mistaken, Danny Passidomo was a RB on that team, and the late Gene Pinson QB ? I remember Pat McNamee being one of the linemen too. May be wrong on some of these. I checked with the KHSAA web site, and just got limited info. of past Pikeville team's D stats. In 1987 there were 35 fumble recoveries for the season. That would average 3.5 fumbles per game, and in 1988 that team allowed 1,100 yds. per season. I assume that's a 10 game season. If so, of course that would be allowing 10 pts. per game. Those two teams (87 & 88 were part of the "Big Dawg D" defense. Would like to have found more info, like stats per game, but that was I could come up at this time.
My bad. That's avg. 11 points pg. This season's team avg. 12 pg. Not much difference at all !!
That is a great point.... sometimes I not only look dumb, but sometimes just plain DUMB
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:If there's one thing you failed to learn about High School Football, is you failed to know anything about Pikeville Football. Don't think Hambley was being cocky at all. He's just being honest and optimistic and I agree with him. So, an F for you my friend.

And a U? lol