Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class A Semifinals Louisville Holy Cross @ Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thoughts?
Should be a very good game! Looking forward to playing a different team at this stage of the season than Wburg, Raceland, etc. Not gonna lie, like the potential for an all EKy final too.
Since losing to Point Pleasant early last year Pikeville is 20-1 with the only loss being the 1 point heartbreaker to Beechwood in the state championship last year. The Panthers are on a mission and they roll on to Kroger Field.

Pikeville 45
Holy Cross 14
Great season for Holy Cross...in a way it would've been fun to see Pikeville put a beating on NewCath in the state finals had they played but was happy to see Holy Cross beat the Breds and keep the possibility of an all Pville finals still alive.

Louisville Holy Cross 7
Pikeville 38
Holy Cross is really good. Pikeville will have to bring their A game. This will be the best QB they have seen this year and a great DL/LB group.
Pikeville wins
Pikeville will steamroll Holy Cross, IMO.
Hopefully Paintsville can get by KCD as well
I agree with jetpilot. These young men are on a mission, and really don't think they care who lines up across from them. They just want to play the game and win. HAIL PIKEVILLE !!!
Man. Wish it was Friday already! This is gonna be a good game to watch. Got a feeling everyone will get their money's worth in this one.
I’m not going against Pikeville. I do think the starters have their pads still on after halftime though. NCC beat Beechwood and Holy Cross beat NCC. Pikeville will be tested but still win. 28-14.
I'm going to say the same thing I said about Boyle County in 4A, nobody is beating Pikeville this year. Good luck to both teams and my buddy Patriot1.
2000PHS Wrote:I’m not going against Pikeville. I do think the starters have their pads still on after halftime though. NCC beat Beechwood and Holy Cross beat NCC. Pikeville will be tested but still win. 28-14.

So did everyone else. Holy Cross hasn't faced anyone resembling Pikeville on either side of the ball. Plus they have to come to a place where they would rather be anywhere else other than the gym. IMO Panthers are too much from the opening kick.
This is Pikeville year for sure. :Cheerlead

Pikeville 56
Holy Cross 14
I see this game going similar to the Ridgeview game. Close for a half and HC might even lead early then Pikeville pulls away 2nd half to win big.
jetpilot Wrote:So did everyone else. Holy Cross hasn't faced anyone resembling Pikeville on either side of the ball. Plus they have to come to a place where they would rather be anywhere else other than the gym. IMO Panthers are too much from the opening kick.

Confidence is high and it should be. I just see Pikeville being a tick off for a half because they are playing a team that has actually beaten a decent team.
2000PHS Wrote:Confidence is high and it should be. I just see Pikeville being a tick off for a half because they are playing a team that has actually beaten a decent team.

Well I guess this will be a first, Pikeville playing a team that’s actually beat a decent team. Well at least it not a cupcake and if the other game in 1A isn’t a running clock in the first quarter then that team is in trouble. Sound familiar to anyone. Jet have you read anything like that on here last week, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:Well I guess this will be a first, Pikeville playing a team that’s actually beat a decent team. Well at least it not a cupcake and if the other game in 1A isn’t a running clock in the first quarter then that team is in trouble. Sound familiar to anyone. Jet have you read anything like that on here last week, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I get the feeling I rub you the wrong way lol
I know I’m an acquired taste but don’t give up on me.

Here’s the facts, Pikeville hasnt played a meaningful snap in the 4th quarter since 9-20-19. I think Holy Cross gives them a game. But Pikeville wins by 2 scores.
2000PHS Wrote:Confidence is high and it should be. I just see Pikeville being a tick off for a half because they are playing a team that has actually beaten a decent team.

Haha Pikeville has played many teams who have beaten decent teams and is 12-0. You seem to think it is better to play mediocre teams to the wire and get thrashed by a good team like Paintsville has done lately than to beat Belfry and demolish everyone else like Pikeville is doing. Good luck with that. Pikeville will be super focused Friday and we will just have to see if Holy Cross can give them a game or not.
jetpilot Wrote:Haha Pikeville has played many teams who have beaten decent teams and is 12-0. You seem to think it is better to play mediocre teams to the wire and get thrashed by a good team like Paintsville has done lately than to beat Belfry and demolish everyone else like Pikeville is doing. Good luck with that. Pikeville will be super focused Friday and we will just have to see if Holy Cross can give them a game or not.

Touchy tonight! I love it! You haven’t played snap in the 4th quarter that has meant anything since 9-20-19. That is a fact and you can’t dispute that. Now, on the other hand, it might not matter. Pikeville is the favorite and they should be.
2000PHS Wrote:Touchy tonight! I love it! You haven’t played snap in the 4th quarter that has meant anything since 9-20-19. That is a fact and you can’t dispute that. Now, on the other hand, it might not matter. Pikeville is the favorite and they should be.

I'm not disputing it. It's just faulty logic. You're trying to turn it into a negative that they have been playing lights out and obliterating people.
jetpilot Wrote:I'm not disputing it. It's just faulty logic. You're trying to turn it into a negative that they have been playing lights out and obliterating people.
I think I have given Pikeville their due credit. Simply an observation that if there is a weakness, it would be the lack of competition the past 2 months.
Pikeville 35-14
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm going to say the same thing I said about Boyle County in 4A, nobody is beating Pikeville this year. Good luck to both teams and my buddy Patriot1.
I agree. it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lose another game for a very long time.
2000PHS Wrote:I think I have given Pikeville there due credit.

You have and I know you're not downing them but again it's just faulty logic. Boyle County and Johnson Central haven't had any serious snaps lately, do you see that as a disadvantage for them this week?
jetpilot Wrote:You have and I know you're not downing them but again it's just faulty logic. Boyle County and Johnson Central haven't had any serious snaps lately, do you see that as a disadvantage for them this week?

I guess I just give NCC more credit than you do. I fully expect Pikeville to win but just think this will be a good warm up for the finals.
pjdoug Wrote:I agree. it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lose another game for a very long time.

Lose 16 or 17 seniors and almost all of them start...
jetpilot Wrote:Lose 16 or 17 seniors and almost all of them start...

That’s a lot. Plus you all play some team named Belfry every year. However, in 2019, it will be an upset if Pikeville doesn’t win the title.
2000PHS Wrote:I get the feeling I rub you the wrong way lol
I know I’m an acquired taste but don’t give up on me.

Here’s the facts, Pikeville hasnt played a meaningful snap in the 4th quarter since 9-20-19. I think Holy Cross gives them a game. But Pikeville wins by 2 scores.

Personally you don’t rub me anyway I don’t know you but some of the statements you make are derogatory digs at other teams (but you say you didn’t mean it that way) to me or that’s how I see them. I have opinion just like you and that’s fine but what I stated was your comments in another thread and that is fact not opinion, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Lose 16 or 17 seniors and almost all of them start...

True, but don’t sleep on the guys replacing them. They have skills and have practiced everyday against the BEST in 1A for two years now. Panthers return a QB, WR, RB, and several young lineman. Panthers might take a few licks but will be fine for the foreseeable future.
Pikeville 38
Holy Cross 14
Pages: 1 2 3 4