Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Semi-Finals: Beechwood @ Mayfield
ontopofthewest Wrote:100% chance of rain.... this really neutralizes things.. Stinson puts alot of zip on the ball an the recievers have a hard time snagging the short slants bc of it anyway.. add in the rain an that could be trouble.. if this game is a down pour i say run kade at wildcat in doses.. with bw qb running the ball it could give us fits..

Latest reports indicate that the rain chances during the game are only between 30-44 percent. It is also supposed to be more of a drizzling type rain. The rain for the early part of the day is supposed to be off. When I check the hour by hour, it appears we don't get above 30 percent until around game time.
I know we have highlights on Maxpreps. But, If anyone wants to check out some highlights in other spots, with probably a little better video, you may want to google WPSD. Go to sports and you can check highlights from Gridiron Glory. It won't give you alot but, you can see some highlights and you can also see some of the surrounding area teams highlights as well. I think WPSD does a great job with this segment. Most all of us in this area hustle home straight after games in order to catch Gridiron Glory.
CS17 Wrote:The new guy coming in with some heat...:flame: welcome to the show

You gonna be able to make it Friday?
:popcorn:
mysonis55 Wrote:You gonna be able to make it Friday?

Man, I wish! I'm still living in Brazil... Hopefully I'll be home for next season!
I wondered why I haven't seen you in a while. Hang in there. Of course, I'm sure you will be listening in on it.
I live near Beechwood. I love the area. I love the school. I wish them well.

But... it's late November, and it's Mayfield...

Great fans. Great people. Great coach. Unappreciated QB (outside of western KY).

The Cardinals are landing in Lexington.
mysonis55 Wrote:I wondered why I haven't seen you in a while. Hang in there. Of course, I'm sure you will be listening in on it.

yeah, its been a while... coming up on two years here! But Vince, and the guys keep me entertained. I normally try to listen to them while streaming a good matchup elsewhere in the state.
A rainy night in Mayfield could cause problems... but the coaching staff, if rain is in the forecast, normally have a bunch of balls soaking in buckets of water to help get the guys ready. So not sure it will have as big of an impact as people expect.
You know you can get the videos later. WK&T will be filming and I would say they do a replay tomorrow.
I'll look into it... I was still on the hudl for a while... then i think it kicked me after so long.
Sluggo and PJ Doug would get along quite nicely, I think... both have issues with 55
For real
Was entaining for a min
I had this at a near running clock game late in the 4th.. but the rain could literally change the intire complexity of this game .. u can practice in the rain all year but that doent change that more unoppertuneistic events can happen.. definitely favors beechwood.. but i dont know that it is enuff, add in some untimely errors, bw QB having a good night.. and we might have a good game
It’s about the same conditions we had against Murray. Didn’t fair to bad then.
Wossa
Especially since the doc messed me up. Ha!!!
Fresh from the National Weather Service office in Paducah.

Friday
Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 48. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night
Rain likely before 7pm, then showers, mainly after 7pm. Low around 42. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Tica, Not doubting you but, when I check the forecast on my phone and go hour by hour, it’s showing very limited chance of rain until about 5 or so. It goes up to 30-45 percent from there all the way til 10. I hope my report is better than yours.
Tica, I noticed mine has increased as well. It actually shows a 50 percent chance at times during the game. Are you coming to watch? You know I would come watch PT if they were playing and we weren’t.
the 6:30 WPSD forecast was showing the rain staying North of us barely, along the river but the weather man said he expected some further south than the current model was showing. It may go just above us it may not, we will have to wait and see is what I took from it all
Mayfield by 3+ scores. Mayfield vs. Somerset in finals. JMO
Happy Thanksgiving Mayfield posters :Cheerlead
Happy Thanksgiving to you 64 and to you all.
Looks like everyone already at the stadium tailgating.... haha... love it where else in highschool do u see cars showing up day or two ahead of time... lol... heard a few had Turkey dinner out there getting things ready... cant wait for kick off..
Glad to see these two getting together in 2A. They killed 1A. Beechwood is solid but Mayfield is very good.
Mayfield 35
BWOOD 21

I think the wet night might slow Mayfield down a little bit, but not enough to change the outcome. Beechwood just doesnt have enough weapons to keep up with Mayfield, couple that with a long bus ride and playing at War Memorial on Black Friday... Thats a tough row to hoe.
Safe travels all fans!!!

Mayfield should win this one by as much as they want. Sure hope the rain/snow whatever holds off til after the game.

Go Cards!!!
Anywhere to watch this game online?