Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Semi-Finals: Beechwood @ Mayfield
Thoughts?
Mayfield in a close game
Mayfield by 10+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Mayfield by 2-3 touchdowns.
If Mayfield comes out playing like they did in the 1st half tonight, it could get ugly quick. I say Cards by 30 plus .
I don't know anything about either team, but can ANYBODY stop Mayfield??

It don't appear like the Cards can even be slowed down!
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't know anything about either team, but can ANYBODY stop Mayfield??

It don't appear like the Cards can even be slowed down!

McCracken County did.
rookie57 Wrote:McCracken County did.

Ya but mccracken played their best game of the year an had all their healthy athletes then and they were the #1 offensive team in the state at that point.. yet they still only scored 45 an held us to 35.... but we cut our own throat in that game along with that 14pt penalty swing at half on a phantom P.I. call.. i dont see a remaining team playing within 14 points of our A game...
In all the meetings with beechwood over the years they have NEVER beaten mayfield... call it the Cardinal Kryptonite Effect... they came close once or twice but have never gotten over that hump an i know that playes into thier heads...
McCracken did stop Mayfield, that night and more than likely the best thing that ever happened....after that game Mayfield went on a terror hunt. A lot excuses could be made that night McCracken wanted it more and was the better team. McCracken should have won the game 6a school I think at that time they had the entire state’s leading passer rusher and receiver.
I’m thankful that I won’t have to drive to Ft. Mitchell Friday. Beechwood will put some point on the board but can they slow down Mayfield’s offensive? I’m staying with my birds here.

Mayfield 49
Beechwood-14
AMEN TO THAT.........THATS THE LONGEST 5.5 HOUR TRIP IN THE WORLD .......Only way this game stays close is wrong team shows up or bad weather...🤣😂🤣.. even if the A team is full of turkey an team B shows up, i think we are still fine.... i honestly doubt this game gets the, 55 effect but it will be really close..
rookie57 Wrote:McCracken County did.

We had just beaten our rival Paducah Tilghman and had Graves county another rival after the MCcracken it was a trap game we were looking aahead that game played again we would beat them as bad as north Hardin did just my opinion!!!!!
We had just beaten our rival Paducah Tilghman and had Graves county another rival after the MCcracken it was a trap game we were looking aahead that game played again we would beat them as bad as north Hardin did just my opinion!!!!!
Beechwood is not a bad team but not one of their better teams. They have greatly improved since the beginning of the season for sure. Beechwood will have a lot to overcome against Mayfield starting with a major schedule adjustment due to having to make that long trip but unlike most teams their coaching staff has done it several times before. They also know Beechwood has never beat the Cards they are 0 for 7 or 8 or so and to do so now would require their best effort to date in a hostile War Memorial where the Cardinals have not lost a playoff game in years. They face all that before the game even starts then they will have to play on grass which they are not use to playing on. I recall a game against Beechwood in the past where one of their coaches mentioned that the crown on our field felt uncomfortable to his players. Plus Mayfield has a pretty darn good team. Give me Mayfield pretty easily, say 21 to 28 points. Beechwood Football still the Property of the Mayfield Cardinals!
I thought about starting this thread last night. I decided not to because I thought Mayfield Cardinal would want that honor since he has had such fun with the Beechies in the past.
I think it might be a little different for Beechwood if not for the break these two teams have taken the last few years, with both in different classes. Even if they come early, I think the trip to Western Kentucky, longer than any trip this current group of players have made, will have a effect. I'd say it will be a least one quarter before they even look like they belong in this game. Throw in a wet, torn up turf, far from anything they have played on this season, and Mayfield may be up 3 scores at the end of the 1st quarter. This isn't mentioning the fact that Mayfield is simply better this year than the Beechies. 42-21
Here is what I see. This Beechwood team is not as highly thought of as the 2009 team they had that visited War Memorial. This Mayfield offense is much better than that offense of 2009 ( although I would love to see X out there). We beat that team 38-0. So, drum roll please, I predict a ��*♀️ ⏰

Beechwood 14
Mayfield 49
The 14 coming like it did last night.
mysonis55 Wrote:I thought about starting this thread last night. I decided not to because I thought Mayfield Cardinal would want that honor since he has had such fun with the Beechies in the past.

:lmao: I love me some Beechies, We are getting ready to Beechwood age the kitties
Come on Mayfield, we're pulling for you don't demean the win McCracken had against you. Can't compare the North Hardin game with the Mayfield McCracken game. Wheat and Bradley not playing would be like you all not having Stenson and Neely. Just saying. Don Meredith needs to sing his ditty here.
Yeah, I wasn’t happy to hear the Stangs were also down the qb
Go Tigers!
Here kitty, kitty, kitty.
Camp Cardinal will be in full swing about 7p on Turkey Day. Jimmy Dean will be on the smoker about midnight. Go Cards!!
38-21 Mayfield
Just a suggestion here. If you all know of any good tailgating special cooks that are going down in which public is invited, maybe post them here. That way, we can all be informed and we don’t go eat somewhere and then show up to find a better meal at the game.
Pulling for Beechwood
mysonis55 Wrote:Just a suggestion here. If you all know of any good tailgating special cooks that are going down in which public is invited, maybe post them here. That way, we can all be informed and we don’t go eat somewhere and then show up to find a better meal at the game.

I know that a lot of the tailgating people always invite the Beechwood folks to get something to eat. If they want to.
Wow, I’m the only person that thinks this game will be close? Mayfield wins, but I don’t think by as much as many believe,, seriously hope I’m wrong and we slaughter them.
Hope Beechwood can pull out the win but gotta go with Mayfield at home.

Beechwood 20
Mayfield 34
rookie57 Wrote:Wow, I’m the only person that thinks this game will be close? Mayfield wins, but I don’t think by as much as many believe,, seriously hope I’m wrong and we slaughter them.

I too think it will be close. If you have an above average offensive line and a QB good enough to keep things honest, you can move the ball against MF. I suspect BW has both. MF's front seven have been a little weak against the run and struggles to generate QB pressure against olines that know what they are doing (Hoptown, McCracken, 2nd half MNH) . MF wins this one as BW lacks the weapons to keep up, but I think BW stays in it til late.