Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madisonville-North Hopkins @ Johnson Central (4A Semi-Final)
May be an upset this week! Rooting for JC this week!
Through 13 games, JC's opponents have a combined 75-72 W/L record.

Lafayette (6A)
2-9 (6A 1st round)

Capital, WV. (West Va. 3A)
6-6 (West Va. 3A Qtr. Finals)

South Charleston, WV. (West Va. 3A)
4-7 (West Va. 3A 1st round)

Bishop Sycamore, OH.
4-5

Simon Kenton (6A)
8-5 (6A regional finals)

Clay County (4A)*
7-4 (4A 1st round)

Perry Co. Central (4A)*
1-9

Letcher Co. Central (4A)* x2
4-7 (4A 1st round)

Harlan County (4A)* x2
8-4 (4A 2nd round)

Belfry (3A)
9-3 (3A State Semi-finals)

Wayne Co. (4A)
10-2 (3A Regional finals)
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Johnson Central will cruise to Commonwealth. 42-21
Does M-NH have turf?
How many games has M-NH played on turf this year?
I’m pulling for the west Ky team
The Maroons do a lot of things well offensively. They run it well and there QB does a good job through the air, usually with the shorter passing game, to keep the chains moving. It’s not fancy or always pretty, but, it’s affective and their kids take on their coaches personality and play tough, physical, hard nosed football. They won’t be an easy win for anyone.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:These two teams have never played and this will be the farthest traveling team from Kentucky to ever play at JC.

Actually about 10 years ago Heath High School from Paducah made the trip to JC during a regular season game. Why? I don’t have a clue. Paducah is about 100 miles west of Madisonville.
pirateforlife Wrote:This has to be the longest trip ever a KY team has had to travel to play an in-state opponent.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Lawrence County traveled to Mayfield back in the 90's for a playoff game.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Heath High School traveled to Johnsonville in the 2011 season. McCracken County is farther west than Hopkins County.

SteadyRockin71 Wrote:Actually about 10 years ago Heath High School from Paducah made the trip to JC during a regular season game. Why? I don’t have a clue. Paducah is about 100 miles west of Madisonville.

I added the bolded post a few days after I posted my original statement.... let's just say a somebody who knows how to make some really good hot chocolate reminded me of that game.
Happy Thanksgiving Johnson Central and Madisonville-North Hopkins Posters :Cheerlead
Could be a tough one for the Eagles. Still rooting for them to pull off the win.

JC with the W 35-28
KYHSFBFan Wrote:JC seems to score at will this year. They may be a ground it out attack, but, they’re very explosive doing it. Madville is a typically slow starting team that gets better later in games. They have a nice OL and a heady QB that knows when to dump it off and when to take off with it, then Hightower is outstanding. Not real big, but, runs with power and speed. If they can just keep the chains moving and slow the pace, they’ll have a chance in the late stages. If they start out slow, JC is capable of putting things away early. I think JC does enough to get a 49- 34 type win.

Hightower is like 6'1 (215) that's not small
Tica Wrote:Madisonville football game radio broadcasts are usually streamed on this station

https://network1sports.com//station/wttl

here is the one I listen to.WFMW-94.9
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Through thirteen games....

M-NH has scored 510 total points.
M-NH has allowed 255 total points.
M-NH is averaging 39.2 ppg.
M-NH is allowing 19.6 ppg.
M-NH has a total point spread of 255 points.

JC has scored 604 total points.
JC has allowed 121 total points.
JC is averaging 46.4 ppg.
JC is allowing 9.3 ppg.
JC has a total point spread of 483 points.

According to the KHSAA scoreboard, this is the farthest M-NH has been in the playoffs as far back as the 1998 season.
We Got To The Semis Back In 1988-0r 1989 can't remember I am older now,lol we we lost 6-2 and had td to win the game ,but refs said ball didn't cross goalie and ball was about 2 ft across.But there not many times in school history where they been this far..Advantage JC
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does M-NH have turf?
How many games has M-NH played on turf this year?

Think They Still Play On Grass
cuppett777 Wrote:Think They Still Play On Grass

Turf make sure zero difference here.
cuppett777 Wrote:We Got To The Semis Back In 1988-0r 1989 can't remember I am older now,lol we we lost 6-2 and had td to win the game ,but refs said ball didn't cross goalie and ball was about 2 ft across.But there not many times in school history where they been this far..Advantage JC

We? I thought you are from Belfry but now live in Arkansas.
What difference does that make to you?

And he does not live in Arkansas.
Granny Bear Wrote:What difference does that make to you?

And he does not live in Arkansas.

Sorry, if I struck a nerve Granny. I had always thought he was a Belfry fan that had moved away. I just surprised me that he was a MNH fan.