Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madisonville-North Hopkins @ Johnson Central (4A Semi-Final)
Love To See Madisonville Win This,But They Haven't Played A Team Like Johnson Central.Madisonville Does Have Mr Football Candiate Mr Hightower,But They Will Have To Play There Best Game Of The Year.
These two teams have never played and this will be the farthest traveling team from Kentucky to ever play at JC.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Love Madisonville's team. Would love to see them push Johnson Central especially with the long trip!
JC will control the clock and shorten the game and pull out a 10+ point win in my opinion.
Johnson Central should win this one much like the Wayne County game. Hopefully they can keep everyone healthy during the process.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Johnson Central should win this one much like the Wayne County game. Hopefully they can keep everyone healthy during the process.

I think they will win. But not as comfortable as the Wayne game.
JC seems to score at will this year. They may be a ground it out attack, but, they’re very explosive doing it. Madville is a typically slow starting team that gets better later in games. They have a nice OL and a heady QB that knows when to dump it off and when to take off with it, then Hightower is outstanding. Not real big, but, runs with power and speed. If they can just keep the chains moving and slow the pace, they’ll have a chance in the late stages. If they start out slow, JC is capable of putting things away early. I think JC does enough to get a 49- 34 type win.
Madisonville-North Hopkins is a very well coached team that will come well prepared for next week's game. They made a believer out of me last season when they held Franklin-Simpson to only 12 points in a playoff game before FS beat JC 14-12 in the championship game. Class 4A was very underrated last season and there was not much difference between its top three teams.

As JC fans have learned, it is very hard to gauge how good western Kentucky teams are when they have no common opponents. I am glad that the Golden Eagles are not making the ridiculously long bus trip for this game.
This has to be the longest trip ever a KY team has had to travel to play an in-state opponent.
Jc-35
mnh-14
pirateforlife Wrote:This has to be the longest trip ever a KY team has had to travel to play an in-state opponent.

Lawrence County traveled to Mayfield back in the 90's for a playoff game.
I would say, the ground and pound tactic is what Madisonville is geared best against stopping. They have some big athletic, hard nosed d linemen. You gotta kind of pass to soften them. The travel also shouldnt be a problem. Their head coach has been experienced since high school on how to travel. He was a part of the only Mayfield team to travel 5 hours to beat the Ads on their own field.
This game worries me. It didn't look like the Maroons graduated too many from last years team and those guys pushed a good Franklin Simpson team to the wire. We're facing another punishing back as well as a stacked box ALL NIGHT LONG. Since this game is basically for second place, I hope JC can make a good showing and pull out a final home win for the seniors last game at The Nest.
Can’t wait to watch this game. Going to be a dandy
BoltCoach9 Wrote:This game worries me. It didn't look like the Maroons graduated too many from last years team and those guys pushed a good Franklin Simpson team to the wire. We're facing another punishing back as well as a stacked box ALL NIGHT LONG. Since this game is basically for second place, I hope JC can make a good showing and pull out a final home win for the seniors last game at The Nest.

Didn’t realize they returned so many good players till I looked up their stats. Going to be a very tough game for our kids.
This game is now scheduled to start @ 6pm EST.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This game is now scheduled to start @ 6pm EST.

Thanks for the info Pulp
Madisonville football game radio broadcasts are usually streamed on this station

https://network1sports.com//station/wttl
pirateforlife Wrote:This has to be the longest trip ever a KY team has had to travel to play an in-state opponent.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Lawrence County traveled to Mayfield back in the 90's for a playoff game.

Heath High School traveled to Johnsonville in the 2011 season. McCracken County is farther west than Hopkins County.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Madisonville-North Hopkins is a very well coached team that will come well prepared for next week's game. They made a believer out of me last season when they held Franklin-Simpson to only 12 points in a playoff game before FS beat JC 14-12 in the championship game. Class 4A was very underrated last season and there was not much difference between its top three teams.

As JC fans have learned, it is very hard to gauge how good western Kentucky teams are when they have no common opponents. I am glad that the Golden Eagles are not making the ridiculously long bus trip for this game.
I agree. I’m clueless when it comes to anyone out west besides MF. You said it best, they are just hard to gauge. It’s also a tad different style of football. That bus ride will be a killer for them, even on a charter.
I think this will be a tough test for JC for about a half then they'll just wear MNH down and pull away in the 2nd half setting up a monster game with the Boyle County Rebels in Lexington in a couple weeks.

Johnson Central 35
Madison North 17
Johnson Central - 42
Madisonville - 21
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Lawrence County traveled to Mayfield back in the 90's for a playoff game.

Pikeville has played at Paducah Tilghman in 1956 (LOL at that bus ride) for the first game in PT’s Memorial Stadium. And recently, in 2017, at Calloway County. Both similar trips to Louisa to Mayfield.
Madisonville-North Hopkins opponents W/L records. Their opponents have a combined W/L record of 66-82. M-NH has lost two games by a combined total of five points.

Union Co.
6-6 (3A)

Marshall Co.
2-9 (6A)

Daviess Co.
5-6 (6A)

Christian Co.
0-11 (5A)

Ballard Memorial
1-9 (2A)

Logan Co.
8-3 (4A)* L & W

Hopkins Co. Central
0-10 (4A)*

Hopkinsville
8-4 (4A)* W & W

Calloway Co.
1-10 (4A)*

Mayfield
12-1 (2A) L

Franklin-Simpson
7-6 (4A)
Madisonville is a very solid football team with a great individual RB.

MNH is basically Wayne County, but the next step up.

I think JC will finally have to sweat a little, but I still think they win comfortably.

JC 40
Madisonville 20
Johnson Central wins
Through thirteen games....

M-NH has scored 510 total points.
M-NH has allowed 255 total points.
M-NH is averaging 39.2 ppg.
M-NH is allowing 19.6 ppg.
M-NH has a total point spread of 255 points.

JC has scored 604 total points.
JC has allowed 121 total points.
JC is averaging 46.4 ppg.
JC is allowing 9.3 ppg.
JC has a total point spread of 483 points.

According to the KHSAA scoreboard, this is the farthest M-NH has been in the playoffs as far back as the 1998 season.
I will tell you this, you better not fall asleep on the Maroons. Mayfield had them down big at the half, 13 points from a running clock. Had the ball to start the second half. Only needed to score, hold the Maroons and score again. Maroons had a different thing in mind and took the lead shortly. Mayfield had to fight hard to wing by 3.
I agree....JC has not seen a team like MNHHS all season. They can hit from all directions.
Eagles by 14. They can pick up their silver trophy next week