Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Ashland 7
That physical talk definitely was heard loud and clear. Several huge hits from Belfry’s defense... I’d love to see that keep up. They played some old school football last night. Makes you wanna fire up Lunatic Fringe.
doubledown Wrote:Ashland needs to let Bob Seger do their scheduling as maybe they will be better prepared for the playoffs. Sure the Tomcats were glad to get away from Johnson Central but obviously their not going to beat Belfry either as long as coach H is still around.

Yeah boy!! Like they're gonna listen to anyone, they want teams they can beat, and beat badly...
Bob Seger nailed it on the head.

I'd like to see Tomcat Pride apologize to the Belfry players and fans for his ridiculous comments prior to the start of the game, but he won't. Much respect to T-Cats for being a good sport and calling it like it was.

Congratulations to Belfry for moving on, and best wishes to Ashland going forward! There are special, talented young men on both rosters.
Johnson Central - 41
Madisonville - 21
Colley9288 Wrote:Bob Seger nailed it on the head.

I'd like to see Tomcat Pride apologize to the Belfry players and fans for his ridiculous comments prior to the start of the game, but he won't. Much respect to T-Cats for being a good sport and calling it like it was.

Congratulations to Belfry for moving on, and best wishes to Ashland going forward! There are special, talented young men on both rosters.

Tomcat Pride can keep it. Not necessary.

And your right, T-Cats was a good sport and made no excuse. Much respect. Ashland will be right back at it next year.
If you guys are waiting on him (Tomcat Pride) to say something, you guys are in for a long wait.
Patriot1 Wrote:If you guys are waiting on him (Tomcat Pride) to say something, you guys are in for a long wait.

Yes...you're correct. He's not showing up here. And quite honestly....I don't see many....if any...Belfry fans' "chest thumping" as he insinuated :lmao::lmao:
Patriot1 Wrote:If you guys are waiting on him (Tomcat Pride) to say something, you guys are in for a long wait.

He'll eventually crawl out from underneath that rock he's hiding under and be back to his old, arrogant self before you know it. Let's just enjoy his time away as long as we can! 😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:He'll eventually crawl out from underneath that rock he's hiding under and be back to his old, arrogant self before you know it. Let's just enjoy his time away as long as we can! 😂

If it was just the Belfry fans he would probably come out but he trimbles when Bob-Seger comes on a thread. So Bob-Seger if you read this you are Tomcat Pride boogeyman.
Patriot1 Wrote:If it was just the Belfry fans he would probably come out but he trimbles when Bob-Seger comes on a thread. So Bob-Seger if you read this you are Tomcat Pride boogeyman.

I've noticed that to. Ol Bob lays the hammer to him everytime he even thinks to make a comment! 😂
Ashland has a few good players but they don't have the organization or coaching or discipline to beat a top notch program like Belfry. Belfry has been on top and won so many championships for a reason. When you watch film they don't do anything flashy or exciting, they run then run then run then run some more Haywood has perfected ground and pound. The film don't look like much but then when you get a hold of them they will run it down your throat. They kill you with smart disciplined football. They hardly ever make any mistakes on defense,they are always in the right coverage and their linebackers and defensive backs always stay at home and are fundamentally sound. Belfry with their coaching don't even need to have the best players on the field because I've seen them win state championships when the other team had the best players and the most speed.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Ashland has a few good players but they don't have the organization or coaching or discipline to beat a top notch program like Belfry. Belfry has been on top and won so many championships for a reason. When you watch film they don't do anything flashy or exciting, they run then run then run then run some more Haywood has perfected ground and pound. The film don't look like much but then when you get a hold of them they will run it down your throat. They kill you with smart disciplined football. They hardly ever make any mistakes on defense,they are always in the right coverage and their linebackers and defensive backs always stay at home and are fundamentally sound. Belfry with their coaching don't even need to have the best players on the field because I've seen them win state championships when the other team had the best players and the most speed.

appreciate the kind words. Haven't seen you post in a while! Glad you're back. Happy Thanksgiving
Do-double-gg Wrote:Ashland has a few good players but they don't have the organization or coaching or discipline to beat a top notch program like Belfry. Belfry has been on top and won so many championships for a reason. When you watch film they don't do anything flashy or exciting, they run then run then run then run some more Haywood has perfected ground and pound. The film don't look like much but then when you get a hold of them they will run it down your throat. They kill you with smart disciplined football. They hardly ever make any mistakes on defense,they are always in the right coverage and their linebackers and defensive backs always stay at home and are fundamentally sound. Belfry with their coaching don't even need to have the best players on the field because I've seen them win state championships when the other team had the best players and the most speed.
Good stuff.

Football is still a team game and won with the fundamentals of blocking and tackling, discipline and what Coach Roddy used to call "intestinal fortitude".

I'm glad there are coaching staffs that still teach these fundamentals, and Belfry is lucky to have one of them.
FoSho Wrote:Johnson Central - 41
Madisonville - 21

Wrong thread. You gotta do better then this. Stay on top of your game.
#55PirateFan Wrote:He'll eventually crawl out from underneath that rock he's hiding under and be back to his old, arrogant self before you know it. Let's just enjoy his time away as long as we can! ��
And what he's got to be arrogant about, derned that I can figure out....How long has it been since ASH-land has been relevant? It's been decades. And for almost the last 20 years they get hammered every time they pay good competition, yet they relish chest thumping inferior opponents. It kinda goes hand in hand when you play anything at ASH-land,. There is absolutely no stunt that they wont pull to win a game...….And then there is their spiritual leader up there in the press box....Just an entirely classless organization from top to bottom..
Bob Seger Wrote:And what he's got to be arrogant about, derned that I can figure out....How long has it been since ASH-land has been relevant? It's been decades.

Hello Bob. I knew it wouldn't be long! 😂
Patriot1 Wrote:If it was just the Belfry fans he would probably come out but he trimbles when Bob-Seger comes on a thread. So Bob-Seger if you read this you are Tomcat Pride boogeyman.

Awe shucks, you're humbling me.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hello Bob. I knew it wouldn't be long! ��

haha, thanks #55..

The truth is the only time I don't root for Belfry is when they are playing Johnson Central...I have owned a business down that way for almost 30 years now and I have employed , I'd say 95% Belfry alumni all these years...Ya'lls like extended family.

And Patriot, the same applies for Pikeville. I've been there almost 30 years as well.
Bob Seger Wrote:haha, thanks #55..

The truth is the only time I don't root for Belfry is when they are playing Johnson Central...I have owned a business down that way for almost 30 years now and I have employed , I'd say 95% Belfry alumni all these years...Ya'lls like extended family.

And Patriot, the same applies for Pikeville. I've been there almost 30 years as well.

Same here buddy. I've always liked and respected the Johnson Central program. The times I've been there we've been treated with the upmost respect. The Eagles have a top notch program and have always been first class in my opinion.

You gotta watch that Patriot1 guy, can't seem to figure that one out! 😂
Just wanted to comment again to keep this close to the top of the message board! 😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:Just wanted to comment again to keep this close to the top of the message board! 😂

He still isn’t coming back #55PirateFan, and I thought we were buddies,hahaha.
Bob Seger Wrote:haha, thanks #55..

No you don’t get a chance because of Johnson Central’s games but if you get a chance come to a Pikeville game and let me know. Always get a laugh from you comments.
Patriot1 Wrote:No you don’t get a chance because of Johnson Central’s games but if you get a chance come to a Pikeville game and let me know. Always get a laugh from you comments.

I'll certainly do that Patriot.
Patriot1 Wrote:He still isn’t coming back #55PirateFan, and I thought we were buddies,hahaha.

We are. That's what buddies do! 😂
Hey guys, Tomcat Pride is alive. He's back on the Boyle County/Central thread now lol
pirateforlife Wrote:Hey guys, Tomcat Pride is alive. He's back on the Boyle County/Central thread now lol
His dish of crow was getting cold. I'm sure he appreciates you warming it up for him. :Thumbs:
pirateforlife Wrote:Hey guys, Tomcat Pride is alive. He's back on the Boyle County/Central thread now lol

Someone must have turned over the rock he hides under.