Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2a Final RPI Top 10
Redneck Wrote:I can assure that “small” Dline of LCA can hold their own. I watched them manhandle a good, much bigger Paintsville Oline Friday night. I was very impressed. I watched Breathitt play Magoffin. I can’t judge their Oline in that matchup, if ya know what I mean.

Not sure that using the Paintsville line is much of a indication, they had a couple of kids that were to big to be mobile at all and that stood out to me
Wolfeman Wrote:I believe Breathitt’s offense can score on any of the top 3. And, as long as they score the most points, they win! You also can’t ignore their special teams play. Widdle isn’t an outstanding kicker.

Wake up.
Statebound19 Wrote:I hope you like crow too because you’re gonna be eat it!!

I love when she eats Crow Confusednicker:
Lca is my pick to win state
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Is there anywhere to watch a Bobcat game on the internet? I have not seen them and their fans claim they are the real deal then there is the other side of it where I here they have not for real. I would like to watch and make my own decision. Can anyone tell me where I can catch some footage?

You will know soon enough!!!
Here's my thoughts on Breathitt having studied up on them:

- Charles Collins is the best RB in Class 2A. In fact, it really isn't close. The Brown kid from LCA is a more versatile threat in the passing game, but as true runners go Collins reigns supreme. Really good football player who would have eye popping stats if he got to play in more 2nd Halves.

- Breathitt's skill guys are solid and Slaughter is underrated. They didn't play a single team though that had anything remotely in the hemisphere of a good pass Defense. Mayfield or Beechwood isn't exactly the Legion of Boom, so that matchup might not be too harsh... but Somerset would be a matchup nightmare for Breathitt's passing game. LCA and Breathitt would be interesting.

- Breathitt's competition is really, really, really bad. They played one team with a capable Offense (Pike Central) and even then, Pike Central is nowhere near the collection of talent that the top teams in this class has. Breathitt struggled to adjust to the game speed of seeing a team who actually could formulate some semblance of an Offensive threat, but once they acclimated they adjusted and played well in the 2nd Half.

- Breathitt's Lines on both sides are good but not great. They have some solid individual players but they are really going to have to adjust once they play a team like Somerset, Beechwood, LCA, or Mayfield who is actually well coached and has skill. Just like Pike Central's Offense, they have not seen this yet so it will take an adjustment period to get used to the game speed.

- Breathitt County to me looks like a good team with big play potential, but I don't see them being as complete of a team as LCA, Mayfield, and Somerset. Beechwood is not who they normally are but appear to be a little bit better up front and on Defense, but Breathitt appears to be a better Offensive team. Owensboro Catholic and Breathitt are kind of comparable, OCath is better passing and Breathitt is a better rushing team. Breathitt also appears to be a better Defensive team than OCath so I give them the Edge. Breathitt has better play makers than Caldwell County but otherwise they are very similar.

Entering the playoff I have it:
LCA/Somerset
Mayfield

Beechwood/Breathitt COunty
OCath/Caldwell

Murray (would be a notch or two higher if Utley wasn't hurt)

Lloyd Memorial
Newport/West Carter/Danville

Shelby Valley/ Walton-Verona

Washington County

Carroll County/McLean County
Martin County/Middlesboro/Leslie County
Any team from District 3
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's my thoughts on Breathitt having studied up on them:

- Charles Collins is the best RB in Class 2A. In fact, it really isn't close. The Brown kid from LCA is a more versatile threat in the passing game, but as true runners go Collins reigns supreme. Really good football player who would have eye popping stats if he got to play in more 2nd Halves.

- Breathitt's skill guys are solid and Slaughter is underrated. They didn't play a single team though that had anything remotely in the hemisphere of a good pass Defense. Mayfield or Beechwood isn't exactly the Legion of Boom, so that matchup might not be too harsh... but Somerset would be a matchup nightmare for Breathitt's passing game. LCA and Breathitt would be interesting.

- Breathitt's competition is really, really, really bad. They played one team with a capable Offense (Pike Central) and even then, Pike Central is nowhere near the collection of talent that the top teams in this class has. Breathitt struggled to adjust to the game speed of seeing a team who actually could formulate some semblance of an Offensive threat, but once they acclimated they adjusted and played well in the 2nd Half.

- Breathitt's Lines on both sides are good but not great. They have some solid individual players but they are really going to have to adjust once they play a team like Somerset, Beechwood, LCA, or Mayfield who is actually well coached and has skill. Just like Pike Central's Offense, they have not seen this yet so it will take an adjustment period to get used to the game speed.

- Breathitt County to me looks like a good team with big play potential, but I don't see them being as complete of a team as LCA, Mayfield, and Somerset. Beechwood is not who they normally are but appear to be a little bit better up front and on Defense, but Breathitt appears to be a better Offensive team. Owensboro Catholic and Breathitt are kind of comparable, OCath is better passing and Breathitt is a better rushing team. Breathitt also appears to be a better Defensive team than OCath so I give them the Edge. Breathitt has better play makers than Caldwell County but otherwise they are very similar.

Entering the playoff I have it:
LCA/Somerset
Mayfield

Beechwood/Breathitt COunty
OCath/Caldwell

Murray (would be a notch or two higher if Utley wasn't hurt)

Lloyd Memorial
Newport/West Carter/Danville

Shelby Valley/ Walton-Verona

Washington County

Carroll County/McLean County
Martin County/Middlesboro/Leslie County
Any team from District 3
I agree with most of this. Breathitt has not played anyone who plays near the speed that LCA, Somerset, and Mayfield do. It will take them by shock when they finally face a team who can play.
If you want to watch Breathitt film go to Facebook and do a search for bluegrass sports nation. They got just about every game
Wolfeman Wrote:If you want to watch Breathitt film go to Facebook and do a search for bluegrass sports nation. They got just about every game

Watched BC against pike, mayfield will destroy BC.
Breathitt won’t be able to play with the top teams. I will say they are on their way up and am proud of it. But they absolutely have nothing for the top 3... Mayfield, LCA, Somerset. They still have a long way to go in terms of speed, and defense. Mayfield and LCA are on a completely different level... Good luck Cats! Hope you prove me wrong.
LCA is very overrated. They have one good receiver and a mediocre OL and RB. The QB has improved but still chokes in big games ( 3 pics vs Belfry) . Somerset will beat them handily in the second round as they march their way to Kroger. But, I think Breathitt has proved the most from any 2a team. Being 10-0 and having the schedule they did, they will beat whoever comes in their way and will take the championship at Kroger field on December 7.
mountainman77 Wrote:LCA is very overrated. They have one good receiver and a mediocre OL and RB. The QB has improved but still chokes in big games ( 3 pics vs Belfry) . Somerset will beat them handily in the second round as they march their way to Kroger. But, I think Breathitt has proved the most from any 2a team. Being 10-0 and having the schedule they did, they will beat whoever comes in their way and will take the championship at Kroger field on December 7.

“Being 10-0 and having the schedule they did”

LOL

What??????

Probably 10 to 15 teams in Class 2A would be undefeated with that schedule.
mountainman77 Wrote:LCA is very overrated. They have one good receiver and a mediocre OL and RB. The QB has improved but still chokes in big games ( 3 pics vs Belfry) . Somerset will beat them handily in the second round as they march their way to Kroger. But, I think Breathitt has proved the most from any 2a team. Being 10-0 and having the schedule they did, they will beat whoever comes in their way and will take the championship at Kroger field on December 7.

Wow. Clearly you have not seen either Breathitt or LCA play. LCA has one of the best receiving duos in the state in Smith/Brown and many other great skill players to back them up. Two tough rbs in the backfield too and very versatile in putting Brown in backfield as well. Qb started slow but has become a great player making clutch throws and runs against catholic and somerset. Breathitt is a very respectable team no doubt but they have not faced competition at all this season and will struggle mightily in the playoffs after they breeze through their district most notably if they play Mayfield. LCA on the other hand established the line of scrimmage the first time they played Somerset despite being outsized and look to do so again as Somerset is very banged up on O/D line especially with three oline out last week. LCA has the skill advantage as well but it will be a tough game that comes down to who wants it more and its very tough to beat a team twice so expect a close game.
It seems like someone just woke up from a coma😂

:hilarious:
Lca is in no way overrated. They are a very good football team; they’re a tough out for anybody. Their offensive and defensive lines may look small until you see them up close and they’ve all been in the weight room and they’re really quick. Nothing but respect from this Jumper fan for the Eagles.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:“Being 10-0 and having the schedule they did”

LOL

What??????

Probably 10 to 15 teams in Class 2A would be undefeated with that schedule.

A couple of Class A schools could have finished 10-0 with that schedule
Redneck Wrote:A couple of Class A schools could have finished 10-0 with that schedule

Couple... I see about 5 teams!
Looking at the final RPI here, if Somerset were to make it to the Finals they'll have to go through a murderer's row to get there. Their path to the finals would likely be:

Round 1: Danville
Round 2: LCA
Round 3: Owensboro Catholic
Round 4: Breathitt County
Championship: Mayfield

Yikes. Don't think any other contender has a tougher path to the title.
I think breathitt county is the best contender for state this year. 10-0 on a very tough schedule and has a lot of momentum going into the playoffs. They have a lot of talent on offense, and could possibly have the best defensive lineman in the state, William Long, I think he could play big at the next level. If LCA and Breathitt county end up playing on Kroger field, I believe their defensive line would take care of LCA’s offensive line pretty easy. With a small center, I think long would have a fun night.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:I think breathitt county is the best contender for state this year. 10-0 on a very tough schedule and has a lot of momentum going into the playoffs. They have a lot of talent on offense, and could possibly have the best defensive lineman in the state, William Long, I think he could play big at the next level. If LCA and Breathitt county end up playing on Kroger field, I believe their defensive line would take care of LCA’s offensive line pretty easy. With a small center, I think long would have a fun night.
#59, LCA's center is a straight DOG. #51 beside him is too. These cats might not have the most size, but boy their hearts are big. They block till the final whistle every play, and have many pancakes on the season. I have analyzed a lot of their film and #59 has great communication skills and is a division 1 cut blocker.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:I think breathitt county is the best contender for state this year. 10-0 on a very tough schedule and has a lot of momentum going into the playoffs. They have a lot of talent on offense, and could possibly have the best defensive lineman in the state, William Long, I think he could play big at the next level. If LCA and Breathitt county end up playing on Kroger field, I believe their defensive line would take care of LCA’s offensive line pretty easy. With a small center, I think long would have a fun night.

What tough schedule are you referring to?
WestCarterComet Wrote:What tough schedule are you referring to?

They played middlesboro, estill, and knott central!! All solid teams

Lmbo
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:They played middlesboro, estill, and knott central!! All solid teams

You serious Clark?

Knott Central is 2-8 and ranked as the 6th worst team in 2A by Calpreps.

Estill is pretty mediocre 3A team and doesn't have a win over a single team with a winning record.

Middlesboro is a nice story at 7-3, but they haven't exactly knocked off any heavyweights.

Now compare who these teams have played:
LCA (LexCath, Belfry, Somerset, Paintsville, Williamsburg)
Beechwood (CovCath, Taft, Corbin, Somerset, NewCath, Paintsville)
Somerset (LCA, Beechwood, Corbin, Williamsburg, Hazard)
Mayfield (Tilghman, McCracken County, Hopkinsville, Madisonville)

Those are tough schedules.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:They played middlesboro, estill, and knott central!! All solid teams

Surely ye jest,,,

Breathitt County opponents have a combined record of 34-65 I believe...
Can anyone explain why the most interesting thread ive seen thus far (LCA vs Paintsville) was shut down? Im disappointedSad
Eagle2009 Wrote:Can anyone explain why the most interesting thread ive seen thus far (LCA vs Paintsville) was shut down? Im disappointedSad

EXACTLY!! Why take down the list entertaining thread
Haven’t watched Mayfield or LCA but did watch Somerset at Hazard. If Somerset were to play Breathitt like they played at Hazard. They would be in for a long night because Breathitt is a much better team than Hazard. I’m like everyone else about the weak schedule but if Breathitt can get a lead on anyone of the top 3 I think they can run the ball good enough to control the clock. I’m not sure they can compete with the best but I like to hope they can.