691 caldwell co
660 breathitt co
645 ob catholic
630 beechwood
626 murray
603 shelby valley
599 lloyd mem
Home field until state.
So, HYPOTHETICALLY, IF, mayfield makes it to round 4, we would host breathitt co?
Here's how the 3rd round would shake out should the favorites in each district advance:

Clinton Cp at LCA
OB Catholic at Mayfield
W Verona at Breathitt Co
West Carter at Beechwood
rookie57 Wrote:So, HYPOTHETICALLY, IF, mayfield makes it to round 4, we would host breathitt co?

Correct, unless Somerset beats LCA. If that happens, Mayfield would host Beechwood and Somerset would host Breathitt.
Big drop in 2A after first 5 teams.
Big drop in 2a after first 3 teams.
I believe Breathitt’s offense can score on any of the top 3. And, as long as they score the most points, they win! You also can’t ignore their special teams play. Widdle isn’t an outstanding kicker.
It’s okay. I used to believe in Santa Clause.
mysonis55 Wrote:It’s okay. I used to believe in Santa Clause.

:lmao:
Breathitt County is a good team. Went 10-0 beating a decent Middlesboro team and a decent Pike Central team. While both of those teams had good records, they also beat no one of consequence. The rest their schedule was atrocious.

Before I buy into how good Breathitt County is, show me what they do against someone good.
mysonis55 Wrote:It’s okay. I used to believe in Santa Clause.
I hope you like crow too because you’re gonna be eat it!!
How does Breathitt 2019 compare to Shelby Valley 2018? Both teams accomplished same regular season records in similar fashion. I have not seen Breathitt play just read all the hype and only know the abilities of one player they have.
Offensively, Breathitt is as good as anyone in 2A . Defensively, they have some work to do. I’m personally not a big fan of the 3-4, especially against a good running team. Breathitt made adjustments in the second half against Pike Central to hold them scoreless, but if the Bobcats are going to compete with Mayfield, LCA, and Somerset, they must get more aggressive on defense.
Oh, it’s gonna be a fun 2-3 weeks. But the semis are gonna be eye opening. That makes it the most fun time of the year. Get to break in a new bunch this year.
Since Mayfield is at home until we travel to the grocery I hope we get Beechwood ( always fun to end their season and we are really, really good at it. I have family in Edgewood and was wearing a Mayfield shirt in Ft Mitchell earlier this year and the reactions I got were priceless. I think I could have gone Boo and they would have jumped out of their shoes. For state I hope LCA makes it, they spanked us so hard in 2009 they made us like it and that needs to be atoned for.
Breathitt should cruise to the final 4
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent_178002

Looking at the bracket Breathitt is in a really good position to make it to Kroger Field. Note I said make it. I think they are the highest rated in the east bracket. So home field until Beaten or Finals.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent_178002

Looking at the bracket Breathitt is in a really good position to make it to Kroger Field. Note I said make it. I think they are the highest rated in the east bracket. So home field until Beaten or Finals.

If we make it that far and there isn’t a major upset, we will be traveling to Mayfield or the LCA/Somerset winner for the state semi finals. We are the top seed in the East, but after the third round, everyone is reseeded and we will likely be the three seed, statewide.We will have home field advantage for three rounds.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Since Mayfield is at home until we travel to the grocery I hope we get Beechwood ( always fun to end their season and we are really, really good at it. I have family in Edgewood and was wearing a Mayfield shirt in Ft Mitchell earlier this year and the reactions I got were priceless. I think I could have gone Boo and they would have jumped out of their shoes. For state I hope LCA makes it, they spanked us so hard in 2009 they made us like it and that needs to be atoned for.

I would prefer to have an undefeated Brethitt Co at War Memorial. Be nice to put a running clock on an undefeated team headed to Kroger.
I think Beechwood, even though they are the lower seed, is the better of those two teams.
This will be a interesting playoff in 2A !!!! I think Bobcats are in pretty good spot . They can’t look over any team in playoffs but they sure have pretty good path until the 4 th round. Semi should be interesting if Lex Christian wins Bobcats go to A really awesome Mayfield team. If Somerset beats Lex Christian ( which I think will happen) Bobcats travel to Somerset. Briar Jumpers have a very classy coach and I know he will make adjustments from first meeting and come out victorious. Breathitt vs Somerset and Mayfield vs Beechwood. For chance to play at Kroger Field!!!!
mysonis55 Wrote:I would prefer to have an undefeated Brethitt Co at War Memorial. Be nice to put a running clock on an undefeated team headed to Kroger.

That would be fine too!!!
LCA beat shelby valley last year in the playoffs by a large margin, however Breathitt is a much better team than Shelby Valley was last year. LCA is too small to line up against Breathitt and stop the run. I'll take Breathitt county as 2A state champs
Just take it one week at a time and beat the team in front of you.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:That would be fine too!!!
Have you guys even watched film on Breathitt? Like Somerset there offensive line looks as big and possibly more athletic than McCracken. Again the running clock references are RIDICULOUS. #23 and 12 are really big, fast kids.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Have you guys even watched film on Breathitt? Like Somerset there offensive line looks as big and possibly more athletic than McCracken. Again the running clock references are RIDICULOUS. #23 and 12 are really big, fast kids.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut ever so often, McCracken caught the Cards looking ahead and got a rare close win. If they played again it would be different and we all know it. You were shocked you won. You have a week or two left go enjoy it and get ready for basketball in a few weeks. Sivells will be fun to watch. We will be fine, give me a shout after the season and maybe we can let you come and see our trophy collection
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Even a blind squirrel finds a nut ever so often, McCracken caught the Cards looking ahead and got a rare close win. If they played again it would be different and we all know it. You were shocked you won. You have a week or two left go enjoy it and get ready for basketball in a few weeks. Sivells will be fun to watch. We will be fine, give me a shout after the season and maybe we can let you come and see our trophy collection
. Funny this is not about McCracken and yes our RB dislocated his ankle so our season is about done. I really enjoy your success but most of your fans, like you are delusional. If Mayfield wins a championship it will be a Morris Miracle. Your Offensive and Defensive lines don't compare to Somerset and LCA. My kid has been a starter since 2017, he has the same number of championships in that time as his counterparts at Mayfield. That will not change this year. I wish it would.....but it won't
Basically blowouts until deep into the 2A playoffs.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Even a blind squirrel finds a nut ever so often, McCracken caught the Cards looking ahead and got a rare close win. If they played again it would be different and we all know it. You were shocked you won. You have a week or two left go enjoy it and get ready for basketball in a few weeks. Sivells will be fun to watch. We will be fine, give me a shout after the season and maybe we can let you come and see our trophy collection

Man I love when other teams fans talk crap!! Mayfield is good good team!!!! But they’re beatable. I don’t know Bobcats of Breathitt can beat them but I tell you it be a close game!!! This running clock bull crap keep talking because if Mayfield don’t bring there A game they will get beat!!! You can believe it , not believe it, I really don’t care. We will match up a lot better than people think with Cardinals. Our Secondary is really fast!! I hope we don’t play you guys in semi finals not because we don’t think can win just because it is 6 hour trip . That should never happen. Let rows be reversed I bet you guys would be whining about traveling 6 hours. But I really do hope we get chance to play Mayfield I just hope it is Kroger field.