Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2a Final RPI Top 10
We have seen what’s in the way of the Cards this year. Not all that concerned. I still stand by my statement that Mayfield will put a running clock on either team we will see in the semis.
JP, if you can’t handle our posters, why do you follow us into every thread?
Breathitt has not played someone to give them a run for their money all season. Do not have the skill level to compete with top 3 and line of scrimmage battle would be won by the top 3 as well.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:. Funny this is not about McCracken and yes our RB dislocated his ankle so our season is about done. I really enjoy your success but most of your fans, like you are delusional. If Mayfield wins a championship it will be a Morris Miracle. Your Offensive and Defensive lines don't compare to Somerset and LCA. My kid has been a starter since 2017, he has the same number of championships in that time as his counterparts at Mayfield. That will not change this year. I wish it would.....but it won't

Good luck to your son. As a arm chair QB, I don't claim to have real answers but my madness or as you say delusional picks are not totally blind. I have looked at who has what and I like our chances. If it does not work out we will start with the same goals and expectations next year but of all the teams left Mayfield has been really good at making us arm chair QB's look like geniuses.
Fbfan59 Wrote:Breathitt has not played someone to give them a run for their money all season. Do not have the skill level to compete with top 3 and line of scrimmage battle would be won by the top 3 as well.

You have clearly not seen Breathitt play. They are a physical football team with a solid O/D line and a good running back. Breathitt is a force to be reckon with.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:LCA beat shelby valley last year in the playoffs by a large margin, however Breathitt is a much better team than Shelby Valley was last year. LCA is too small to line up against Breathitt and stop the run. I'll take Breathitt county as 2A state champs

Have you seen LCA play this year?
Tigerallamerican Wrote:Have you seen LCA play this year?

Overhyped. They can’t handle a big physical team. You should have seen that at Belfry.
I think Taylor Swift says it best ‘Haters going hate’!!!! I do enjoy all the haters against my beloved Breathitt Bobcats. It has been non stop this year either it’s our schedule is weaker than water or Mayfield will put a running clock on Bobcats ( if they put running clock on Bobcats you better be able score 90 points against them because they won’t keep Bobcats out end zone). Breathitt has took care every game with no slip up. 9 running clocks out 10 games. One point away from put a running clock vs Pike Central who has a very good offense. This not the same team in years past. These kids are tough and a lot more physical than they get credit for. But I can understand why people say we’re not that good because I m a person who is a show me or prove me wrong person. I have seen or been apart of every great Breathitt team and this one is no different I promise Bobcats are good. My big question mark of year was offense and defense of line. But they re physical and quick on defense line. When you play a 3/4 Defense and your good at your line has be really good. Offense line wow not even the same team I watch play scrimmage vs Letcher Central and look average, that just seems so long ago.Now dominated force not to be reckoned with!!! That is testament to our great coaching staff on how much they improve these kids!!!!
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Overhyped. They can’t handle a big physical team. You should have seen that at Belfry.

You answered my question 😂
If one of BC’s claim to fame is a win over Middlesboro, you will get a running clock put on you at Mayfield and anyone who doesn’t believe that is out of touch
mysonis55 Wrote:JP, if you can’t handle our posters, why do you follow us into every thread?
Think I do quite fine handling the friendly exchanges. You told me I was crazy thinking Hightower would rush for more than a 100 yds last week. How many did he get? It's just hard to fully comprehend how passion trumps the facts most if the time. I still consider myself a closet Mayfield fan. You make WKY football more relevant. I'm also a PTHS fan. So I do comment because I watch the games and enjoy the banter, as most here do.
I just looked at Breathitt county schedule, I’ll tell you right now, Danville would be 10-0with that schedule. I feel confident Danville would defeat BC, I didn’t realize how weak BC’s schedule was. Don’t know how the play offs go, but if you have to play Beechwood they will probably beat you convincingly.
Is there anywhere to watch a Bobcat game on the internet? I have not seen them and their fans claim they are the real deal then there is the other side of it where I here they have not for real. I would like to watch and make my own decision. Can anyone tell me where I can catch some footage?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Is there anywhere to watch a Bobcat game on the internet? I have not seen them and their fans claim they are the real deal then there is the other side of it where I here they have not for real. I would like to watch and make my own decision. Can anyone tell me where I can catch some footage?
Not sure you can tell much with that competition,
ThinThirty Wrote:I just looked at Breathitt county schedule, I’ll tell you right now, Danville would be 10-0with that schedule. I feel confident Danville would defeat BC, I didn’t realize how weak BC’s schedule was. Don’t know how the play offs go, but if you have to play Beechwood they will probably beat you convincingly.

I think every team in District 4 would've put a clock on their schedule.

This has been my point all season. You don't get to beat your chest when you're putting running clocks on teams with 8 kids on their roster and then go on the whole "haters gonna hate" spiel. Be humble.

For the record, I watched a couple games of Breathitt's online earlier this season. IMHO, the top 3 should respect them, but certainly not fear them. I've seen better Breathitt teams in the last 10 years.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Is there anywhere to watch a Bobcat game on the internet? I have not seen them and their fans claim they are the real deal then there is the other side of it where I here they have not for real. I would like to watch and make my own decision. Can anyone tell me where I can catch some footage?

Bluegrass Sports Nation on Facebook. They do look good and are supposed to have their best team in at least 10 years but anyone would look good against that schedule. They really need to beef their schedule up. I know they can't help their district but they need better teams to play
pirateforlife Wrote:Bluegrass Sports Nation on Facebook. They do look good and are supposed to have their best team in at least 10 years but anyone would look good against that schedule. They really need to beef their schedule up. I know they can't help their district but they need better teams to play

Thank you Pirate
I cannot for the life of me figure out how teams who have lost head to head games have higher RPI’s 🤷*♂️
I can’t wait
I don't understand why a running clock is a topic of discussion for rounds 3 and 4. Teams that make it to these rounds are the best in regions. I do understand that some regions are weaker than others but still at this level of play you should just be happy with a win. Higher ranked teams get beaten at all levels of play by non ranked teams. They call them up sets. and they can and do happen. I don't see a running clock in any of the semi state games. May be wrong but don't think so.
deadfish Wrote:I don't understand why a running clock is a topic of discussion for rounds 3 and 4. Teams that make it to these rounds are the best in regions. I do understand that some regions are weaker than others but still at this level of play you should just be happy with a win. Higher ranked teams get beaten at all levels of play by non ranked teams. They call them up sets. and they can and do happen. I don't see a running clock in any of the semi state games. May be wrong but don't think so.
Arrogance and ignorance play role when people make these kinds of predictions. But in defense of people who make said predictions, there have been many examples of running clocks in these rounds in the past. Many posters make predictions on their team results alone without actually doing any research. That is where the ”ignorance” comes in because they simply are not educated on the other teams.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:LCA beat shelby valley last year in the playoffs by a large margin, however Breathitt is a much better team than Shelby Valley was last year. LCA is too small to line up against Breathitt and stop the run. I'll take Breathitt county as 2A state champs

I can assure that “small” Dline of LCA can hold their own. I watched them manhandle a good, much bigger Paintsville Oline Friday night. I was very impressed. I watched Breathitt play Magoffin. I can’t judge their Oline in that matchup, if ya know what I mean.
just watched Breathitt vs Pike Co Central and LCA vs Paintsville
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:just watched Breathitt vs Pike Co Central and LCA vs Paintsville

And.... ...........???
ontopofthewest Wrote:And.... ...........???

Breathitt struggled with Pike Central, had they not scored right before the half it might have been big trouble

LCA was impressive, more refined than Breathitt but that was against a 1A foe without their stud and like a lot of small schools he was mot replaceable
Redneck Wrote:I can assure that “small” Dline of LCA can hold their own. I watched them manhandle a good, much bigger Paintsville Oline Friday night. I was very impressed. I watched Breathitt play Magoffin. I can’t judge their Oline in that matchup, if ya know what I mean.

I’ve only seen lca play against belfry, didn’t make it to the paintsville game last Friday. They have some athletes on the edges that outmatch breathitts. But games in November are won in the trenches.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:I’ve only seen lca play against belfry, didn’t make it to the paintsville game last Friday. They have some athletes on the edges that outmatch breathitts. But games in November are won in the trenches.

Agreed. I’ve also watched Belfry. I don’t think Breathitt’s line is anywhere near as good as Belfry’s. That’s just my opinion.
Redneck Wrote:Agreed. I’ve also watched Belfry. I don’t think Breathitt’s line is anywhere near as good as Belfry’s. That’s just my opinion.

Gotta agree with you Redneck, Breathitt line might be good, but I just don’t think they can compete with the speed that LCA has up front, too hard to block that D-line. O-line for LCA too has proven the haters wrong time and time again and won the line of scrimmage despite huge size advantages.
Ok .. just watched my first breathitt game... Reminds me of Caldwell co.. except, im not so sure that CC isnt the better team.. i like the idea of playing someone new. Brings some hype to the game especially with all the talk from them .. i hope they get the chance to experience War Memorial..will be fun silencing them.. come on lca, lets make this happen!
For the record BC is a solid team, but not to be confused with championship caliber... their is a large step there imo.
Breathitt did struggle to stop Pike Central in the first half, before making adjustments in the second half. Defensively, we have work to do, there is no doubt about that. Offensively, is another story. I think the Bobcats can put up points on anyone in 2A, and C.A. Collins is probably the most underrated player in the state. It will be interesting to see how Breathitt's O-Line matches up with the "so called" top tier schools in 2A. Regardless, if we have a chance to play in the 4th round, win or lose, I think Breathitt will hold their own.