Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2a Final RPI Top 10
Noodler Wrote:Haven’t watched Mayfield or LCA but did watch Somerset at Hazard. If Somerset were to play Breathitt like they played at Hazard. They would be in for a long night because Breathitt is a much better team than Hazard. I’m like everyone else about the weak schedule but if Breathitt can get a lead on anyone of the top 3 I think they can run the ball good enough to control the clock. I’m not sure they can compete with the best but I like to hope they can.

Somerset may or may not have that opportunity but it’s really hard to discount two unequivocal facts from Somerset's performance at Hazard. They lost one of the best RBs in the state that night to a HS career ending injury that was absolutely horrific to see and they were penalized for 100 yards (and haven’t been penalized for that since then or before then) and they still won the ball game.

They played a terrible game, lost their best player, were penalized heavily and still found a way to win. Fact is they have ONE loss by ONE point to the now
number ONE team in 2A. Not arguable they will be a tough out for anyone they Play.
That’s why I said if. They came out flat against Hazard. If they were to come out like that against Breathitt. They would get in trouble early.
I also agree with you on the penalties.
I have seen Mayfield,Somerset,Danville,Murray,Caldwell Co.this year in person and LCA and Breathitt on film and 3 Mayfield,Somerset and LCA are hands down favorites to win 2A this year...Beechwood is down from what I gather and Breathitt might be able to collect a few points against a terribly weak schedule but they will never be able to handle the onslaught of points that Mayfield would throw @ them..The Bobcats defense is slow and flat footed and from the Pike Co Central game gets knocked all over the field from a very vanilla and predictable offense that is very one dimensional at best!!! LCA Somerset or Mayfield will have a field day against that D!!! And for traveling 6 hrs to play ball we @ Mayfield have been doing it for years vs Beechwood, Walton Verona so not gonna listen to all the whinning about travel cause we would travel to the moon to watch or REDBIRDS!!!!!!
BLEEDRED&BLACK Wrote:I have seen Mayfield,Somerset,Danville,Murray,Caldwell Co.this year in person and LCA and Breathitt on film and 3 Mayfield,Somerset and LCA are hands down favorites to win 2A this year...Beechwood is down from what I gather and Breathitt might be able to collect a few points against a terribly weak schedule but they will never be able to handle the onslaught of points that Mayfield would throw @ them..The Bobcats defense is slow and flat footed and from the Pike Co Central game gets knocked all over the field from a very vanilla and predictable offense that is very one dimensional at best!!! LCA Somerset or Mayfield will have a field day against that D!!! And for traveling 6 hrs to play ball we @ Mayfield have been doing it for years vs Beechwood, Walton Verona so not gonna listen to all the whinning about travel cause we would travel to the moon to watch or REDBIRDS!!!!!!

I agree, Breathitt's defense is suspect, but one thing they are good at is creating turnovers. We all know if Breathitt were to travel to Mayfield, they would be an underdog and rightfully so. Mayfield is one of the best offensive teams in 2A, but with that being said, they are no "juggernaut" on defense. In my opinion, Mayfield fields the weakest defense out of the top three teams in 2A. I feel like Breathitt's offense will be able to generate enough points to keep the game at a competitive level. Hopefully, all of this can be settled in the next four weeks, but until then, we will be taking one week at a time.
[QUOTE=BLEEDRED&BLACK;226050
LCA Somerset or Mayfield will have a field day against that D!!! And for traveling 6 hrs to play ball we @ Mayfield have been doing it for years vs Beechwood, Walton Verona so not gonna listen to all the whinning about travel cause we would travel to the moon to watch or REDBIRDS!!!!!![/QUOTE]
I guess Bobcats are shaking at knees!!! All three team are very good but if you think going have field day you’re bad wrong!!! Breathitt secondary looked very average at Best vs Pike Central but they will he fired up vs top 3 teams. They have athletic kids match up with any them teams. Yeah you travel to Beechwood but that is almost 3 hours further to get Breathitt so yeah it bunch bull crap. That if Breathitt plays Mayfield in Semis that you have to travel 6 hours to play a semi final game. Wait until roles are reversed and you guys have travel to mountains. ( Because it a lot further than Beechwood) I like how Ohio does it you meet in middle after first two rounds. Because by that time teams have similar records. Or honestly they nothing wrong with old way.
Like to see it go back to the old format. Either it's just an adjusting situation, or just not as good.