Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redbook Violations
Do you think coaches getting payments from booster clubs is wide spread in football programs? Football generally raises the most money of all programs.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/educ...92282.html
What about the Athletic director? What about the school's principal? What about the school's financial person? Any of those should know the law and should have stopped this a while ago.
Jackson Purchase, thank you for posting this. It is a great topic. I have heard of a football coach in central Kentucky that received these type of payments, but it was only a rumor as far as I know. It's sad because coaches in Kentucky are vastly under paid compared to high school coaches in some other states. I feel they deserve a much higher salary than they receive. I know a lot of schools give coaches multiple job titles, and it boosts his\her pay in than manner. In a way I wish this law was changed. I guess the KHSAA figures they are leveling the playing field for all KHSAA programs.
I've heard this in several programs. Shouldn't be a violation but it is.
It's a clear violation of law to supplement any school employee's salary by an outside organization, such as booster clubs. The law is very specific about that.