Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Redbook Violations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you think coaches getting payments from booster clubs is wide spread in football programs? Football generally raises the most money of all programs.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/educ...92282.html
What about the Athletic director? What about the school's principal? What about the school's financial person? Any of those should know the law and should have stopped this a while ago.
Jackson Purchase, thank you for posting this. It is a great topic. I have heard of a football coach in central Kentucky that received these type of payments, but it was only a rumor as far as I know. It's sad because coaches in Kentucky are vastly under paid compared to high school coaches in some other states. I feel they deserve a much higher salary than they receive. I know a lot of schools give coaches multiple job titles, and it boosts his\her pay in than manner. In a way I wish this law was changed. I guess the KHSAA figures they are leveling the playing field for all KHSAA programs.
I've heard this in several programs. Shouldn't be a violation but it is.
It's a clear violation of law to supplement any school employee's salary by an outside organization, such as booster clubs. The law is very specific about that.