Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 District 9 Cal Ripken 11/12 tourney
Way to go guys. It could not have happened to a better bunch of kids. Keep it going at the next level.

Chase Blevins
Tanner Blevins
Alex Castle
Seaton Hall
Shane hall
Chaynse Hill
Garrett Lemaster
Nick McKenzie
Hunter Ratliff
Bo Robbins
Jared Wheeler
Jordan Ray Young
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, it's like this. If they really wanted to have their own fields and or league or what ever. All they had to do was push the population issue and then go after the kids the way they are now. What that would have done was forced the league to go to an American and National Leagues. Then you could have had teams playing at both complexes every night and week end. This would have also created more Allstar teams. 3 in each division (baseball). All this has done is created another us and them or them and us issue. So the excuse of having more Allstar teams is out the window.

When we were at the field the other day, you wouldn't believe how many times I heard the words "You remember when", come out of those boys' mouths, while they were talking. It was one of the only places they could all be and care less about the JC/PHS bullcrapp. I'm just happy my son got to experience it and create the friends that he has now.

:confused: please explain that if ya dont care to take a minute.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, it's like this. If they really wanted to have their own fields and or league or what ever. All they had to do was push the population issue and then go after the kids the way they are now. What that would have done was forced the league to go to an American and National Leagues. Then you could have had teams playing at both complexes every night and week end. This would have also created more Allstar teams. 3 in each division (baseball). All this has done is created another us and them or them and us issue. So the excuse of having more Allstar teams is out the window.

When we were at the field the other day, you wouldn't believe how many times I heard the words "You remember when", come out of those boys' mouths, while they were talking. It was one of the only places they could all be and care less about the JC/PHS bullcrapp. I'm just happy my son got to experience it and create the friends that he has now.

first, i think your last paragraph is great. i wish thats what EVERYONE involved with youth programs worried about.

and my wondering about a possible JC Ripken/PLL weekend was not to push the whole splitting deal, it was to have these kids out playing some good baseball for another weekend, and to get to play against their buddies they used to. :ChairHit:
Ring'Em Up Wrote:first, i think your last paragraph is great. i wish thats what EVERYONE involved with youth programs worried about.

and my wondering about a possible JC Ripken/PLL weekend was not to push the whole splitting deal, it was to have these kids out playing some good baseball for another weekend, and to get to play against their buddies they used to. :ChairHit:

I know that isn't what you meant. It is very hard for us though. As soon as this is over. As far as my team goes, 75% of them will be entering football pratice. Small school for ya. lol