Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 District 9 Cal Ripken 11/12 tourney
The 2007 District 9 Cal Ripken 11/12 tourney begins Wednesday July 4th at the Major division field on the campus of Johnson Central H.S. Play begins at 5 pm with Martin Co. taking on Big Sandy, and Magoffin Co. taking on Johnson Co. The double elim tourney continues Thursday with 2 games beginning at 6pm, Friday with the 2nd elimination game at 7pm, and the Championship on Saturday at 3 pm and 7 pm(if necessary). Johnson County Youth Baseball/Softball League would like to invite EVERYONE out for some great baseball action all week long. :thumpsup:
anybody know any scores from today
first game tonite saw big sandy defeating martin co 11-1. 2nd game was suspended in bottom of 5th inning due to storms, with johnson co. leading magoffin co. 9-0. this game will be resumed Thursday at 5 pm. the 2 winners will then play at 6:30, with the 2 losers playing at 8:30.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:first game tonite saw big sandy defeating martin co 11-1. 2nd game was suspended in bottom of 5th inning due to storms, with johnson co. leading magoffin co. 9-0. this game will be resumed Thursday at 5 pm. the 2 winners will then play at 6:30, with the 2 losers playing at 8:30.

What are your predictions for tomorrow night?
some nice plays were made tonite by all teams. hard right now to pick a favorite...
maybe it be jus whose bats stay hot all week. what did you see?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:some nice plays were made tonite by all teams. hard right now to pick a favorite...
maybe it be jus whose bats stay hot all week. what did you see?

I was suprised that Johnson County's bat were not hotter than they were. That may sound suprising because they were winning before the delay but knowing these kids it could have been worse. From what I saw, Johnson County should roll.
Well, they were rolling in the top of the 1st. Will chek and update in a few.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, they were rolling in the top of the 1st. Will chek and update in a few.

NE updates?
JC beat Pikeville 20-5.
Thanks. Ended up pickin black berries. Sorry.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, they were rolling in the top of the 1st. Will chek and update in a few.

NE Updates?
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:JC beat Pikeville 20-5.

Thanks
Do you have any blackberries to spare? I have mastered the "cobbler"! Let me know!
[INDENT]
OffTheHook Wrote:Thanks. Ended up pickin black berries. Sorry.

[/INDENT]
IISnakE Wrote:Do you have any blackberries to spare? I have mastered the "cobbler"! Let me know!

Nope. Sorry. Ended up eatin more than what we picked. lol Always turns out that way.
Congrats JC, nice win!
Results for Thursday saw Johnson Co pick up the win over Magoffin in the game suspended fom Wed. JC then defeated Big Sandy and Magoffin got by Martin Co. in 7 innings. Friday's action will be Magoffin Co. taking on Big Sandy at 7:00 pm, with the winner advancing to the Championship round versus Johnson Co. on Saturday. Dist. 9 Cal Ripken would like to give a nod to the Martin Co. All Stars for a nice tournament and an especially exciting game in tonite's extra inning affair. good luck to all those youngsters in the future.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:JC beat Pikeville 20-5.
lol only if Pikeville still had a league
friday's game had magoffin co. getting the win over big sandy, 11-6. magoffin now advances to the championship round against johnson co. on saturday , with 1st game at 3:00 pm. a magoffin win would force a final game at 7:00 pm. we would like to wish all the kids from big sandy the best of luck. good job guys.
2007 Cal Ripken 11-12 District 9 finals saw Johnson county defeat Magoffin county 23-0 in 4 innings. OUTSTANDING pitching performance by JC today. if memory serves right, all 12 outs were via the K. great job magoffin, lot of 11's on your team i believe, so i think we might see ya again at this point next year. good luck.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:2007 Cal Ripken 11-12 District 9 finals saw Johnson county defeat Magoffin county 23-0 in 4 innings. OUTSTANDING pitching performance by JC today. if memory serves right, all 12 outs were via the K. great job magoffin, lot of 11's on your team i believe, so i think we might see ya again at this point next year. good luck.
I think one kid was thrown out trying to bunt and there was eight K's by Garrett Lemaster and 3 K's by Alex Castle.
who am i to question a true baseball guru like you. hahaha
yeah, i think i remember that now.
that off speed #22 is throwing now also, has about the tightest break i have seen in a 12 yr old. not the ol' looping movement ya normally see.
real nice
p.s. where would he may have gotten that? :notworthy
Ring'Em Up Wrote:who am i to question a true baseball guru like you. hahaha
yeah, i think i remember that now.
that off speed #22 is throwing now also, has about the tightest break i have seen in a 12 yr old. not the ol' looping movement ya normally see.
real nice
p.s. where would he may have gotten that? :notworthy
Who is #22? Sounds like he's a pretty good pitcher for his age. Like you said, you don't see many 12 year olds with a offspeed pitch like that.
Garrett LeMaster
Glad to hear Garrett is having success. When I watched him play he was a catcher! It has been a while.
yeah, he's doing real good. still a wall behind the plate also, but really came a long way this season on the mound also. i think maybe eagle pride 90 may have had sumthin to with his mound success this year.
hey 'paw, you happen to see the ideas guru and i were talkin bout last nite in the LL forum? what would you think of the possibilties of sumthin like that? Ripken vs LL weekend here in town sometime? a long shot?
thought you mite really know if it would ever be possible.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:yeah, he's doing real good. still a wall behind the plate also, but really came a long way this season on the mound also. i think maybe eagle pride 90 may have had sumthin to with his mound success this year.
hey 'paw, you happen to see the ideas guru and i were talkin bout last nite in the LL forum? what would you think of the possibilties of sumthin like that? Ripken vs LL weekend here in town sometime? a long shot?
No idea, you are asking the wrong guy.
gotcha
Ring'Em Up Wrote:yeah, he's doing real good. still a wall behind the plate also, but really came a long way this season on the mound also. i think maybe eagle pride 90 may have had sumthin to with his mound success this year.
Now hold on!!!! It wasn't my idea!!! Remember...I said if it was my call, I wouldn't do it!!!Big Grin
yeah, i'll take the heat for that one!!! but is it really THAT bad of an idea? i jus thought it would draw alot of interest and for sure be a good weekend of baseball.
So what is the deal with Pikeville and there Junior League program. After they got out of the Little League and entered C.R. they are silent and has been after being so competitive every year in the little league division. Could someone feel me in?

Well, it's like this. If they really wanted to have their own fields and or league or what ever. All they had to do was push the population issue and then go after the kids the way they are now. What that would have done was forced the league to go to an American and National Leagues. Then you could have had teams playing at both complexes every night and week end. This would have also created more Allstar teams. 3 in each division (baseball). All this has done is created another us and them or them and us issue. So the excuse of having more Allstar teams is out the window.

When we were at the field the other day, you wouldn't believe how many times I heard the words "You remember when", come out of those boys' mouths, while they were talking. It was one of the only places they could all be and care less about the JC/PHS bullcrapp. I'm just happy my son got to experience it and create the friends that he has now.