Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankfort 71 South Laurel 64
Mightyoak Wrote:Because we play all over the country and I like knowing about teams in the places we play. Sorry if u don’t get out much

Lol, you’re big time huh?
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Lol, you’re big time huh?

Big time, that got smoked by Pulaski and Clay County. Lol.
Like I always have said I would not make a good official but that call on the 5 sec was bogus. If a coach calls a timeout as a ref u blow ur whistle and award it. He never did until after the 5 sec call. It’s clear as day on video but still not why we lost. To many unforced turnovers. If we don’t make those we win anyway even without our best player I like everybody else including clay co lol think a loss can be good after a long winning streak. I knew this was gonna be a game we came out flat in. Big game at clay and then a 1:45 game sat with nobody in the stands is notorious not a good situation. I thought we fought hard after jj went out early but the whole first q we just was not active or moving at all Frankfort has a nice team and have two bigs that hurt us. I knew it would be tough to get going and beat a good Frankfort team but without jj it was just to much size for us.
Like I said, I was four rows above Frankfort’s bench. The ref on that end of the court never blew a whistle to indicate a timeout. Call was reversed well after baseline ref called the five seconds. I know the Huntington Prep “fan” knows it all, but I seen it happen and don’t need video to tell me Frankfort got bailed out.

There’s also that the free throws that Frankfort was awarded on a non shooting foul when neither team was in the bonus.

That said, Frankfort’s kids were hard working and showed good sportsmanship. I liked their team. The HC cries more than he coaches and their fans, well that’s another story, lol.

Anybody know if Ramey is ok? Looked like a bad sprain.
Ramey has a low ankle sprain. I was worried it was high ankle. Those take forever to heal. I think he will be ok in a week. Just a guess
Hope he heals up. Got Corbin coming up next week.
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:Hope he heals up. Got Corbin coming up next week.
Actually if I looked right. 3 district games in next 12 days.
Yep, Whitley on Thursday. Corbin and Williamsburg next week
TIGERZ Wrote:According to south fans some players were out 8 quarters of this game and some playing at 21 1/2 percent also worst officiated game of the year.
I love Conner Robinson. U just look like a total dick acting way u do. Just leave it alone. Conner is doing his talking by way he is playing. He Don’t need his older brother taking up for him
Leonards_loser Wrote:Good thing for Clay that Laurel Co and then South and North Laurel were in the 12th region for all those years. The way South has made a habit out of beating Clay, they'd be a lot less banners hanging on those walls.

Most of those banners were from the 1980’s when Bobby Keith was on top of the 13th. Had Laurel County been in the 13th it would have been different. Not saying Clay wouldn’t have won the region in 87, because I think Clay would have won state that year regardless. But I’d bet Laurel would have had a say in the rest of their regional champion years.