Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 27 Penn State 24
Everyone convinced that Stoops will be gone soon and Kentucky can't get to SEC Championship level or National championship level but I disagree. No reason for stoops to go anywhere. Less is expected from him at Kentucky and he knows it. Somewhere like Michigan or Ohio your gone quick if you can't get a title shot. If the man stays and Kentucky is willing to pay him good and his recruiting classes keep getting stronger each year being in the SEC Kentucky can absolutely get to that level in my opinion. Look at Alabama they were a SEC bottom feeder program for years but they slowly got the recruiting up each year and got some big bowl wins then next thing you know they start getting the 4 and 5 star kids interested and boom they win their first national title in this new era. This can be done here also just takes time.
E's Army Wrote:10 wins. Who would not have been satisfied with that in August?

I'll take 10 wins anytime.
Real Badman Wrote:Am I the only one who calls it the Tangerine Bowl?
Yes.
Spirit100 Wrote:Congratulations Cats... after a couple seasons of the Bob & Erma Tire And Beauty Salon Bowls you stepped it up and earned a New Years Day opportunity AND WON!

Fun to watch, I did and am enjoying the moment, but Eddie Grans play calling is painful ! The Cats were blessed with a defense that could overcome Grans shortcomings and special teams was the difference against PSU.

Best of luck to Snell at the next level. Would have liked to have seen him get bigger, stronger, and faster for one more year at UK... :Thumbs:

That would have been nice for sure. Do you think Gran is gone?
pjdoug Wrote:That would have been nice for sure. Do you think Gran is gone?

Probably not but I would like to see that...I'm more than familiar with his lack after what he did at UC. Snell's success made Gran look half decent!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
pjdoug Wrote:That would have been nice for sure. Do you think Gran is gone?

If he wants a HC job in College he needs to go somewhere else that has a QB, to prove his offense will really work when it has a QB.

Staying at UK wont do that.
curious if Gran will return.
Gran was named as one of the top five OC in college football. I’m not sure who does the voting or who runs the poll. If he was going to leave I’d say it because a bigger named school picks him up. He is the assistant head coach which means if Stoops left he would take over more than likely, he’s paid very well, so I’m betting he stays. I’m no fan of his here at UK, but i liked his offense at Cincinnati, and at FSU. The only things i can come up with is either he is handcuffed by Stoops or Wilson is actually as bad as he seems and it limits the playcalling tremendously. You watch other teams and they throw slants, quick slants, takes their shots downfield, we don’t have that. I also wanted to see Conrad more involved than one pass per game or so. Conrad was a beast and could have been even greater IMO. When he was at Cincy he had those plays, he also had a top 10 offense year after year, granted it wasn’t the SEC but dang we was really bad after that Carolina game, it’s just we had a beast at RB, and a beastly defense with Josh Allen.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Gran was named as one of the top five OC in college football. I’m not sure who does the voting or who runs the poll. If he was going to leave I’d say it because a bigger named school picks him up. He is the assistant head coach which means if Stoops left he would take over more than likely, he’s paid very well, so I’m betting he stays. I’m no fan of his here at UK, but i liked his offense at Cincinnati, and at FSU. The only things i can come up with is either he is handcuffed by Stoops or Wilson is actually as bad as he seems and it limits the playcalling tremendously. You watch other teams and they throw slants, quick slants, takes their shots downfield, we don’t have that. I also wanted to see Conrad more involved than one pass per game or so. Conrad was a beast and could have been even greater IMO. When he was at Cincy he had those plays, he also had a top 10 offense year after year, granted it wasn’t the SEC but dang we was really bad after that Carolina game, it’s just we had a beast at RB, and a beastly defense with Josh Allen.

Gran needs to go IMO and sooner or later he will. His offense at Cincinnati was great but at UK, not so much.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Gran was named as one of the top five OC in college football. I’m not sure who does the voting or who runs the poll. If he was going to leave I’d say it because a bigger named school picks him up. He is the assistant head coach which means if Stoops left he would take over more than likely, he’s paid very well, so I’m betting he stays. I’m no fan of his here at UK, but i liked his offense at Cincinnati, and at FSU. The only things i can come up with is either he is handcuffed by Stoops or Wilson is actually as bad as he seems and it limits the playcalling tremendously. You watch other teams and they throw slants, quick slants, takes their shots downfield, we don’t have that. I also wanted to see Conrad more involved than one pass per game or so. Conrad was a beast and could have been even greater IMO. When he was at Cincy he had those plays, he also had a top 10 offense year after year, granted it wasn’t the SEC but dang we was really bad after that Carolina game, it’s just we had a beast at RB, and a beastly defense with Josh Allen.

I remember a game where Stoops told him to keep giving Benny the ball and Snell took the game over.
Well, I unfortunately had to return home from vacation in Orlando. What a way to cap it off seeing Kentucky get a big time win over Penn State and reaching the 10 win mark for the first time in 40 years!

It was an amazing atmosphere, especially at the game, but also at all the parks. It was cool to see all of the Cats fans that got down there well before the day of the game. I also saw a ton of Penn State fans that we all very friendly all wished us good luck. Big Blue Nation was definitely out in force and I feel comfortable saying that we had more fans there than Penn State did.

I was able to make it to the game in time to see my first Cat Walk! That was a lot of fun, not only seeing all of the players and coaches, but also seeing our very talented band play a bunch of different songs prior to the team arriving to the stadium.

Could not have asked for better weather! It will certainly be hard to beat the experience when it comes to a Kentucky football game, especially seeing Benny Snell dominate and break the school career rushing record!!

Did anyone else from BGR go to the game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Well, I unfortunately had to return home from vacation in Orlando. What a way to cap it off seeing Kentucky get a big time win over Penn State and reaching the 10 win mark for the first time in 40 years!

It was an amazing atmosphere, especially at the game, but also at all the parks. It was cool to see all of the Cats fans that got down there well before the day of the game. I also saw a ton of Penn State fans that we all very friendly all wished us good luck. Big Blue Nation was definitely out in force and I feel comfortable saying that we had more fans there than Penn State did.

I was able to make it to the game in time to see my first Cat Walk! That was a lot of fun, not only seeing all of the players and coaches, but also seeing our very talented band play a bunch of different songs prior to the team arriving to the stadium.

Could not have asked for better weather! It will certainly be hard to beat the experience when it comes to a Kentucky football game, especially seeing Benny Snell dominate and break the school career rushing record!!

I was there, had a great time with the BBN...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:I was there, had a great time with the BBN...

Oh cool! Where did you sit? I sat in Section 213 Row A Seat 16.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Oh cool! Where did you sit? I sat in Section 213 Row A Seat 16.

Sec P6 row H seats 15-16
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Sec P6 row H seats 15-16

Oh wow! Lucky you! That's where I would have liked to sit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Oh wow! Lucky you! That's where I would have liked to sit.

Thanks to a Dr friend of ours with a lot more priority points than us lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Well, I unfortunately had to return home from vacation in Orlando. What a way to cap it off seeing Kentucky get a big time win over Penn State and reaching the 10 win mark for the first time in 40 years!

I'm glad you had fun. It's always an awesome experience when traveling to watch Kentucky play. It's like being at home. When I went to Jacksonville I was welcomed at the hotel by other Cats fans saying about time you got here. All the restaurants had mostly Kentucky fans. even had enjoyable experience, and the man taking tickets at the gate even said Go Cats!. Nashville is the same way. it's like being in Lexington.
OldJacket Wrote:Thanks to a Dr friend of ours with a lot more priority points than us lol

it's nice to be in the clique. lol
pjdoug Wrote:I'm glad you had fun. It's always an awesome experience when traveling to watch Kentucky play. It's like being at home. When I went to Jacksonville I was welcomed at the hotel by other Cats fans saying about time you got here. All the restaurants had mostly Kentucky fans. even had enjoyable experience, and the man taking tickets at the gate even said Go Cats!. Nashville is the same way. it's like being in Lexington.

It's funny you mention that. When boarding the plane back home at the Orlando airport, the gate agent stated that she was a big Kentucky fan and was giving all of us high fives.

I didn't stay in Orlando because I have family that lives about 35-40 minutes away in Haines City, so I didn't get the full fan experience. I think the craziest thing I saw was when I went to the 2010 SEC Tournament in Atlanta and we stayed at the Courtyard downtown, literally the entire city was blue no matter where you went and they even had 3 or 4 bars that were reserved for Kentucky fans only.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I KNEW you two would be on here bragging!!!
Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:it's nice to be in the clique. lol

I have been a season ticket holder since 1982 and still needed friends in high places to get those tickets PJ...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I’ve been very critical of Gran all season but how much of Grans bad play calling has to do with the fact that he doesn’t have a QB that can make his vertical passing game work consistently. We know Wilson can throw, but he’s not a consistent thrower that can pick teams apart.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Do-double-gg Wrote:Everyone convinced that Stoops will be gone soon and Kentucky can't get to SEC Championship level or National championship level but I disagree. No reason for stoops to go anywhere. Less is expected from him at Kentucky and he knows it. Somewhere like Michigan or Ohio your gone quick if you can't get a title shot. If the man stays and Kentucky is willing to pay him good and his recruiting classes keep getting stronger each year being in the SEC Kentucky can absolutely get to that level in my opinion. Look at Alabama they were a SEC bottom feeder program for years but they slowly got the recruiting up each year and got some big bowl wins then next thing you know they start getting the 4 and 5 star kids interested and boom they win their first national title in this new era. This can be done here also just takes time.

Bama all but invented modern football, they having been winning titles since the beginning, they have always been a top tier football program. Winning there is a different animal, funds is no object and they are in a football player producing state. We do not produce the same # of D1 talent in KY that grows in Alabama, that alone will always be a problem. We will never consistently be on Bamas level but we can be a good solid team most years
Spud6 Wrote:I’ve been very critical of Gran all season but how much of Grans bad play calling has to do with the fact that he doesn’t have a QB that can make his vertical passing game work consistently. We know Wilson can throw, but he’s not a consistent thrower that can pick teams apart.

Very much agree with you, but that is also on Gran himself, he has yet to recruit a QB for his system.
plantmanky Wrote:Very much agree with you, but that is also on Gran himself, he has yet to recruit a QB for his system.

THIS...and he was mediocre at UC!

Hopefully this seasons success will net a very good JUCO gun slinger that can run when needed, as well as, replace the key graduating/leaving parts. If the Cats can comeback next season and win 9+, and play in another New Years Day bowl game that would be a fantastic accomplishment!

KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING CATS!!! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spud6 Wrote:I’ve been very critical of Gran all season but how much of Grans bad play calling has to do with the fact that he doesn’t have a QB that can make his vertical passing game work consistently. We know Wilson can throw, but he’s not a consistent thrower that can pick teams apart.

That definitely has a lot to do with it. Hopefully they can reel in a great quarterback.
OldJacket Wrote:I have been a season ticket holder since 1982 and still needed friends in high places to get those tickets PJ...

I'm glad you had great seats and a good time enjoying the W.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:It's funny you mention that. When boarding the plane back home at the Orlando airport, the gate agent stated that she was a big Kentucky fan and was giving all of us high fives.

I didn't stay in Orlando because I have family that lives about 35-40 minutes away in Haines City, so I didn't get the full fan experience. I think the craziest thing I saw was when I went to the 2010 SEC Tournament in Atlanta and we stayed at the Courtyard downtown, literally the entire city was blue no matter where you went and they even had 3 or 4 bars that were reserved for Kentucky fans only.

it is absolutely amazing at all the places you meet Kentucky fans. it truly is Big Blue Nation.
pjdoug Wrote:it is absolutely amazing at all the places you meet Kentucky fans. it truly is Big Blue Nation.

Best fan base in the world!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Best fan base in the world!

You got that right.