Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 27 Penn State 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final from Orlando. Citrus Bowl. Snell becomes Kentucky's all time leading rusher and Cats win 10 games in a season for the first time since the 1970's.

MVP of the game - Benny Snell
Snell yeah
41 years since Kentucky won 10 games.
[Image: Dv2z1wyX4AYtnqZ?format=jpg&name=large]
I’d take chase esteep, the kid from Corbin over Wilson any day
Great win in Stoops last game.
plantmanky Wrote:Great win in Stoops last game.

Why say you?
plantmanky Wrote:Great win in Stoops last game.

He isn't going anywhere, program on the upswing and Kentucky can match any offer out there. Go Cats! (Football only until Cal leaves). Confusednicker:
Rainingthrees Wrote:He isn't going anywhere, program on the upswing and Kentucky can match any offer out there. Go Cats! (Football only until Cal leaves). Confusednicker:

There are a handful of teams that Stoops would certainly leave for if offered (Ohio State, Michigan, FSU to name a few). Not sure that offer will come this year but it will very soon.
Rainingthrees Wrote:He isn't going anywhere, program on the upswing and Kentucky can match any offer out there. Go Cats! (Football only until Cal leaves). Confusednicker:

He can never win a national title at Kentucky(or any where else for that matter). If a school like Miami were to offer him the job he would leave for that reason alone, iMO.
I nearly fainted when Penn kicked that last field goal. I KNEW it was going to be a fake and expected them to score! I could not believe that they really kicked it.
Eddie Gran has to go. His play calling is ridiculous. If we had a good offensive coordinator and quarterback we could have 12 wins.
Enjoy the moment people.
Way to go Cats!
Strikeout King Wrote:Final from Orlando. Citrus Bowl. Snell becomes Kentucky's all time leading rusher and Cats win 10 games in a season for the first time since the 1970's.

MVP of the game - Benny Snell
This was a big time win for the program. loved seeing Stoops dance after the win.
rookie57 Wrote:I’d take chase esteep, the kid from Corbin over Wilson any day

:hilarious:
:ChairHit:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Enjoy the moment people.

Confusedinglepar
What a win for the program. It wasn’t always pretty or dominating today or this year, but I’ll take 10 ugly wins every time we can get them. I’m going to miss the swagger Benny Snell brought this team and the work ethic guys like Josh Allen and Mike edwards brought. Next year we will have some growing pains but we have some nice young players waiting in the wings. Already excited to see our continued growth as a program next season. Go Cats!
pjdoug Wrote:This was a big time win for the program. loved seeing Stoops dance after the win.
A lot has been said about Stoops coaching ability and his in game management, but you could really see this season how much the players loved playing for him. A potential top 3 pick like Josh Allen is almost always going to sit out a bowl game now a days, but he had a deep connection to the team, fans, and Coach Stoops. So I give Stoops a lot of credit for getting the kids to sacrifice, buy in and play all out for him.
Mister D Wrote:A lot has been said about Stoops coaching ability and his in game management, but you could really see this season how much the players loved playing for him. A potential top 3 pick like Josh Allen is almost always going to sit out a bowl game now a days, but he had a deep connection to the team, fans, and Coach Stoops. So I give Stoops a lot of credit for getting the kids to sacrifice, buy in and play all out for him.
I agree. it was great to see Josh Allen come up with another big performance. His stock is rising.
Unsung MVPs of this game, Coach Dean Hood and his special teams. It sure doesn't hurt to have a talent like Bowden, but we were so good in every aspect of special teams play, only reason we led at halftime.
Granny Bear Wrote:I nearly fainted when Penn kicked that last field goal. I KNEW it was going to be a fake and expected them to score! I could not believe that they really kicked it.

Agreed Granny I couldn't believe they kicked it either. They had nothing, nothing to lose by going for it and everything to gain. They had all the momentum and the way our offense wasn't moving the ball, they would have still been in good shape if they hadn't converted. Oh well, that's for James Franklin to live with, couldn't have happened to a more arrogant guy.
Never thought I would live to see a 10 win season! They played well start to finish and deserved it!
woke to find a email with image of UK players celebrating the bowl win from UK Athletics. The theme was simiple, buy your 2019 season tickets

They, to their credit wasted no time trying to capitalize on the win to sale those tickets
This was a great season for UK Football but they got a long way to go to be SEC Champions and that's what should be the next goal.

I don't look for Stoops to be around much longer and the next hire better be a good one that can build on this foundation.
Am I the only one who calls it the Tangerine Bowl?
Real Badman Wrote:Am I the only one who calls it the Tangerine Bowl?

Yes, yes you are.
10 wins. Who would not have been satisfied with that in August?
Congratulations Cats... after a couple seasons of the Bob & Erma Tire And Beauty Salon Bowls you stepped it up and earned a New Years Day opportunity AND WON!

Fun to watch, I did and am enjoying the moment, but Eddie Grans play calling is painful ! The Cats were blessed with a defense that could overcome Grans shortcomings and special teams was the difference against PSU.

Best of luck to Snell at the next level. Would have liked to have seen him get bigger, stronger, and faster for one more year at UK... :Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3