Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jarren Williams To Kentucky?
pjdoug Wrote:This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Do you know what this kid does for his community? Do you know how humble and service oriented this kid is? No. All you know is how butt hurt you are because he changed his mind about what school he wanted to go to. Instead of taking the word of someone who knows, you want to act like he owes you something and "played you" for some ulterior motive.

Quit acting like a cantankerous old fart and learn to LISTEN.
FoSho Wrote:Do you know what this kid does for his community? Do you know how humble and service oriented this kid is? No. All you know is how butt hurt you are because he changed his mind about what school he wanted to go to. Instead of taking the word of someone who knows, you want to act like he owes you something and "played you" for some ulterior motive.

Quit acting like a cantankerous old fart and learn to LISTEN.

Do you know me? and what I've done? No , you dont. That's why I said that was one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You also have some sick and weird obsession with saying butt hurt repeatedly. You are flattering your self, because I really don't care where anybody goes to school. I do care about doing what I say I'm going to do.
pjdoug Wrote:Do you know me? and what I've done? No , you dont. That's why I said that was one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You also have some sick and weird obsession with saying butt hurt repeatedly. You are flattering your self, because I really don't care where anybody goes to school. I do care about doing what I say I'm going to do.

"Butt hurt" is a term that I knew you were familiar with.
Let’s keep it civil.
FoSho Wrote:"Butt hurt" is a term that I knew you were familiar with.

You might need to see a doctor if you're hurting.
FoSho Wrote:If by "weird" you mean a crapshoot by college coaches and clueless "scouts" that make their decisions based upon measurables and hearsay instead of film and references from staff that knows.

Then yes, recruiting is weird. 👍🏻

Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I said it's a weird business with no ulterior motive behind that statement. Stop acting like some sort of holier-than-thou overlord who has the authority to invalidate how others feel and think because you got butt hurt that people got mad at WanDale.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I said it's a weird business with no ulterior motive behind that statement. Stop acting like some sort of holier-than-thou overlord who has the authority to invalidate how others feel and think because you got butt hurt that people got mad at WanDale.

I stand by my post and my feelings toward a kid that none of you know.
I understand 18 year olds changing their minds but Wandale had the big announcement ceremony, letting this happen and then changing his mind speaks poorly of his or his parents character...As far as Williams goes I feel the same, not sure you want someone with the same issues at QB...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:I understand 18 year olds changing their minds but Wandale had the big announcement ceremony, letting this happen and then changing his mind speaks poorly of his or his parents character...As far as Williams goes I feel the same, not sure you want someone with the same issues at QB...
I agree completely
You know nothing about the kid. He's a fantastic kid that had A TON of in-state pressure on him and he made a mistake. To question his and his parents character is preposterous.

Get a life.
FoSho Wrote:You know nothing about the kid. He's a fantastic kid that had A TON of in-state pressure on him and he made a mistake. To question his and his parents character is preposterous.

Get a life.
I question their character and yours.
pjdoug Wrote:I question their character and yours.

The fact you'd question an 18 year old kids character that you don't know instead of taking it from someone who knows the truth is pretty damn pathetic. WanDale is a great kid but he''s not here to satisfy anyone but himself. He made a mistake. A bad choice. He gave in to tremendous pressure and then came to his senses soon thereafter. Now he's happy.

Get over it.
FoSho Wrote:I stand by my post and my feelings toward a kid that none of you know.

I stand by mine as well, I know all I need to know.
FoSho Wrote:You know nothing about the kid. He's a fantastic kid that had A TON of in-state pressure on him and he made a mistake. To question his and his parents character is preposterous.

Get a life.
Commitment - a pledge or promise; obligation:
I have a good life, raised 4 children and they have all done well that’s all a father can ask for...I would have not let my child commit to a school or have a big announcement ceremony if they or I had any question about whether they would attend that university...I think it was handled poorly by the families...This is a message board where everyone has an opinion right or wrong...Wish Robinson and Williams well, hope they have success at their schools...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Did Damien Harris or Jedrick Wills commit to UK before signing with Alabama, was there a lot of outside pressure on them to stay home, heck yes...Did they handle their recruitment the right way, heck yes...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You can't put yourself in another man or kids shoes because you know nothing what they are going thru or how they are equipped to deal with it. AND you know nothing about the pressure he was under and the obligation he felt to go to UK.

You or your kids will never know that feeling. Kids handle things differently and it's ok. What's not okay is grown a$$ men bashing him on a message board because he didn't sign with their favorite team.

Get a life.
Nope I can’t put myself in any persons shoes, just know how I would have handled it...
I am not upset, I wished him well and hope he has a great career at Nebraska...Just my opinion that it was handled poorly...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Nope I can’t put myself in any persons shoes, just know how I would have handled it...
I am not upset, I wished him well and hope he has a great career at Nebraska...Just my opinion that it was handled poorly...

......and he admitted it was.

And at 18 you don't know how you'd have handled it under that kinda microscope. Did you drink beer under age? Did you break other laws?

Or were you perfect?
FoSho Wrote:The fact you'd question an 18 year old kids character that you don't know instead of taking it from someone who knows the truth is pretty damn pathetic. WanDale is a great kid but he''s not here to satisfy anyone but himself. He made a mistake. A bad choice. He gave in to tremendous pressure and then came to his senses soon thereafter. Now he's happy.

Get over it.

You can whine and cry all you want. It was handled poorly.
FoSho Wrote:......and he admitted it was.

And at 18 you don't know how you'd have handled it under that kinda microscope. Did you drink beer under age? Did you break other laws?

Or were you perfect?
nobody's perfect and I'm nobody so I'm perfect.
Never said I have been perfect, so we agree the family made a mistake..
UK did not get Damien Harris but did just fine with Benny Snell, they will be fine without Robinson...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He certainly can't be any worse than TD Terry
pjdoug Wrote:You can whine and cry all you want. It was handled poorly.

....if you only knew. 😂
As far as Williams goes he’s unproven and not sure if he would beat out Terry if he makes the necessary progress through the offseason...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarrren Williams is no better than Gunnar Hoak. If they aren't going to play Hoak, they aren't going to play Williams.
Jalen Hurts is on the way wink wink...Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Jalen Hurts is on the way wink wink...Confusedhh:

We could only hope.
OldJacket Wrote:Jalen Hurts is on the way wink wink...Confusedhh:

:happysmile:
FoSho Wrote:You can't put yourself in another man or kids shoes because you know nothing what they are going thru or how they are equipped to deal with it. AND you know nothing about the pressure he was under and the obligation he felt to go to UK.

You or your kids will never know that feeling. Kids handle things differently and it's ok. What's not okay is grown a$$ men bashing him on a message board because he didn't sign with their favorite team.

Get a life.

From the rumor I'm hearing Nebraska was just willing to offer him the right money and a car lol. And last I checked the kid is out of high school and 18 so like it or not he is fair game. This ain't varsity at local high school anymore it's the NCAA and NCAA football is big business and if you can't handle the man being bashed and scrutinized then you must be closer to him and the situation then your willing to admit. Beware if the kid ends up a flop at Nebraska and can't cut the snuff then you ain't herd anything yet. Those Cornhusker fans can be brutal.
Do-double-gg Wrote:From the rumor I'm hearing Nebraska was just willing to offer him the right money and a car lol. And last I checked the kid is out of high school and 18 so like it or not he is fair game. This ain't varsity at local high school anymore it's the NCAA and NCAA football is big business and if you can't handle the man being bashed and scrutinized then you must be closer to him and the situation then your willing to admit. Beware if the kid ends up a flop at Nebraska and can't cut the snuff then you ain't herd anything yet. Those Cornhusker fans can be brutal.

WanDale has been 18 for three days. People that judge others (kids especilly) without knowing their situation are the worst.

And for the record, Nebraska didn't give him $, they gave him a vision. And if you know who Rondale Moore is, that's the kind of season he's gunna have for the Huskers.