Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 47 Floyd Central 41
Final. Bobcats get the win at home.
Coach Spurlock got T-ed up at the end of the game so I guess he still has some fire in him.
Great night to get a win with the ceremony of the arena being named after Coach Newsome. A true legend and was a pleasure to be coached by him and be there tonight for his big day.

Now to the team, we need some offensive plays against the 3-2 zone Floyd Central ran. We settled way too much for long jumpers and no high post offense at all against that zone.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The Betsy Layne qb is a stud on the hardwood too. I hope we can keep him.
Looked like BL needs somebody that can guard the ball. From what I saw online a little bitty fellar from Floyd Central sauced them up at point.
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:Looked like BL needs somebody that can guard the ball. From what I saw online a little bitty fellar from Floyd Central sauced them up at point.

You could very well be right. I watched the game online too. Let me asked in all seriousness. What does sauced them up mean? I have never heard that before. Does that mean scored a lot? That is what I'm assuming.
Sauced up= Handled the ball and blew by them at will.
Congrats to Betsy Layne
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:Looked like BL needs somebody that can guard the ball. From what I saw online a little bitty fellar from Floyd Central sauced them up at point.

Yes he did. Little fella has a mean in and out move. Quick as a hiccup
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats to the Bobcats. When is Grant Orsborn due back for Betsy Layne?
Nice win for BL
Nice win Betsy Lane
Officiating was horendous. Neither team could get into a rhythm. It was a whistle on every possession. Betsy Layne scored over half their points on the foul line.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Officiating was horendous. Neither team could get into a rhythm. It was a whistle on every possession. Betsy Layne scored over half their points on the foul line.

Who were the refs?
^I don’t know who the refs were, never seen them before and wouldn’t hurt my feelings to not see a game officiated by them again. They called the touchiest fouls allllll night long and called walk after walk after walk. Ruined the whole rhythm of the game and made it a snooze fest.
#BBFL
I think most of the refs we have do a pretty good job. Sometimes you just have a bad night.
Nice win for Betsy Layne.
Betsy Lane plays hard