Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 47 Floyd Central 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Bobcats get the win at home.
Coach Spurlock got T-ed up at the end of the game so I guess he still has some fire in him.
Great night to get a win with the ceremony of the arena being named after Coach Newsome. A true legend and was a pleasure to be coached by him and be there tonight for his big day.

Now to the team, we need some offensive plays against the 3-2 zone Floyd Central ran. We settled way too much for long jumpers and no high post offense at all against that zone.
The Betsy Layne qb is a stud on the hardwood too. I hope we can keep him.
Looked like BL needs somebody that can guard the ball. From what I saw online a little bitty fellar from Floyd Central sauced them up at point.
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:Looked like BL needs somebody that can guard the ball. From what I saw online a little bitty fellar from Floyd Central sauced them up at point.

You could very well be right. I watched the game online too. Let me asked in all seriousness. What does sauced them up mean? I have never heard that before. Does that mean scored a lot? That is what I'm assuming.
Sauced up= Handled the ball and blew by them at will.
Congrats to Betsy Layne
Booger Branch Bandit Wrote:Looked like BL needs somebody that can guard the ball. From what I saw online a little bitty fellar from Floyd Central sauced them up at point.

Yes he did. Little fella has a mean in and out move. Quick as a hiccup
Congrats to the Bobcats. When is Grant Orsborn due back for Betsy Layne?
Nice win for BL
Nice win Betsy Lane
Officiating was horendous. Neither team could get into a rhythm. It was a whistle on every possession. Betsy Layne scored over half their points on the foul line.
WinkWinkler Wrote:Officiating was horendous. Neither team could get into a rhythm. It was a whistle on every possession. Betsy Layne scored over half their points on the foul line.

Who were the refs?
^I don’t know who the refs were, never seen them before and wouldn’t hurt my feelings to not see a game officiated by them again. They called the touchiest fouls allllll night long and called walk after walk after walk. Ruined the whole rhythm of the game and made it a snooze fest.
I think most of the refs we have do a pretty good job. Sometimes you just have a bad night.
Nice win for Betsy Layne.
Betsy Lane plays hard