Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 54 Western Hills 35
Congratulations to Boyle County on the win
Football Scout Wrote:I ended up going to this one and was also surprised. Boyles Quarterback threw 2 picks in the first half and struggled along with the offense first half. Boyle went to the ground second half. Defense also was bad especially secondary . I was sitting upstairs and Western Hills had Kelly for Boyle with 14 tackles and 4 sacks. He was the only one who did anything on defense for Boyle. I want to retract my earlier post Hound,Boyle will not make it to play Corbin if the performance I watched happens again. Boyle fans are going to blame officials and weather but they just got outplayed. Game was a lot closer than the score.

Not sure I would say he was the only one that done anything on defense but everybody is allowed an opinion. The defensive line got dominated at times by an offensive line that didn’t have a kid that could start for Boyle so I would say the whole defense wasn’t very good tonight but that is also just my opinion from watching the game tonight. Biggest take away for me tonight was I seen a very flat team playing with no emotion! Gut check time for Boyle.
Football Scout Wrote:I ended up going to this one and was also surprised. Boyles Quarterback threw 2 picks in the first half and struggled along with the offense first half. .

Well I have my thoughts on that, but any slight criticism with him will get you hung apparently. Good luck.

Other than that. Everyone has these types of games. It’s hard to maintain focus for 10 games straight when your opponent is average or below. I don’t think Boyle county is as good as they were last year. But I’ve thought that for a while, this one game hasn’t changed anything for me, good or bad. But with that said, BC is still a force and a Top team in 3A that can beat anyone. But I think it’s like last year. Anyone can beat anyone with the top 3 maybe 4. Good luck to you guys.
I read that Wandale Robinson had 154 yards on offense.
I listened to the post game radio show hoping to find out the final yards total for Robinson but they didn't give that information. I sure hope that game was a fluke for our defense, maybe a letdown after the Catholic game.
Congrats to Boyle on the win, looks like Hounds05 was right Wandale got his tonight. I was really disappointed in Boyle’s defense they looked terrible most of the game, it’s the only bad game they’ve had all season don’t know if the rain had anything to do with it or not, I do know the officials kept two drives for Western hills alive with costly penalties on Boyle, regardless Western Hills played one hell of a game and had me worried for the first time all season.

In closing I have no excuses Boyle looked terrible tonight and Western Hills gave them all they wanted.
Hatz Wrote:I read that Wandale Robinson had 154 yards on offense.

I believe that was total yds rushing and receiving, either way he had a good game.
The real star of the game that no one has really mentioned is Reese Smith. He caught 3 TD passes, one 2 point pass for points after,ran an interception back 100 yds for a TD, broke up several other passes and made several tackles. This, while playing with a rather bulky cast on his hand. He had a surgical procedure earlier in the day to remove the wire from his broken bone in his hand. This kid refuses to lose and never makes excuses. Any questions or comments?
We had a game that we didn't completely dominate. I guess that opens the door for concern? There are teams out there that can play and we will not blow everyone out. We FINISHED, to me that is one thing that marks championship play. Glad we had this game shows me and everyone, this team has fight and talent. Rebels Roll on!!!!!
backcountry Wrote:The real star of the game that no one has really mentioned is Reese Smith. He caught 3 TD passes, one 2 point pass for points after,ran an interception back 100 yds for a TD, broke up several other passes and made several tackles. This, while playing with a rather bulky cast on his hand. He had a surgical procedure earlier in the day to remove the wire from his broken bone in his hand. This kid refuses to lose and never makes excuses. Any questions or comments?

Good to hear, I know UK has offered him. Hope he takes it, like to see them home grown boys stay home.
I’ve been critical of the Rebs... But I will say that speed kills. They have 3-5 guys that can flat out play, and have speed and agility like few other teams have. Congrats on the win, hope to see ya week 4. If, we both can keep rolling
was close until late, I predicted a upset and until the 99 yard int it looked like it might happen. Congrats Rebs and hats off to The Hills for a great effort
You Boyle fans can dress up hills all you want they aren’t any good outside of Robinson... not good enough to play with you if your as good advertised!
FCSPY Wrote:You Boyle fans can dress up hills all you want they aren’t any good outside of Robinson... not good enough to play with you if your as good advertised!

Did I miss where someone dressed them up?
FCSPY Wrote:You Boyle fans can dress up hills all you want they aren’t any good outside of Robinson... not good enough to play with you if your as good advertised!

We got lucky last night. Boyle didn’t play good and the game was closer than expected. It happens! I thought #10 and #7 for Western Hills where very good players and played a great game last night. IMO last night was a good lesson that the Rebels needed before the playoffs. Boyle will be just fine.

Personally I thought we should have won our second game by a lot more than 50-7 over a mediocre team, but than again we aren’t as good as advertised.
Rebel55 Wrote:We got lucky last night. Boyle didn’t play good and the game was closer than expected. It happens! I thought #10 and #7 for Western Hills where very good players and played a great game last night. IMO last night was a good lesson that the Rebels needed before the playoffs. Boyle will be just fine.

Personally I thought we should have won our second game by a lot more than 50-7 over a mediocre team, but than again we aren’t as good as advertised.

Boyle County 50 - Franklin County 7.😁
Jack Lambert Wrote:Congrats to Boyle on the win, looks like Hounds05 was right Wandale got his tonight. I was really disappointed in Boyle’s defense they looked terrible most of the game, it’s the only bad game they’ve had all season don’t know if the rain had anything to do with it or not, I do know the officials kept two drives for Western hills alive with costly penalties on Boyle, regardless Western Hills played one hell of a game and had me worried for the first time all season.

In closing I have no excuses Boyle looked terrible tonight and Western Hills gave them all they wanted.

Ahh when someone is just a straight up athlete like him, It doesn’t matter how good the rest of the team is, they’re hard to stop. But that’s the difference between a great team (Boyle) and a great player (Robinson). Great teams get their wins. Great players get their stats.

Sadly in HS football refs decide the outcome more than other sports. I’ve talked to several Boyle fans who have always been 100% honest with me and they said, “yea we played bad, but those refs were awful”. So I believe them. I’ll say what I’ve said to them. It’s hard for kids to maintain focus and intensity 10 games a year. They’re not machines. Should this be a wake up call for Boyle? Absolutely. Does this one game change anything for me? Nope. I actually wish they would have blown them out. Better chance they have a game like this later on if so. As much respect as I have for the Boyle county team, I will say that I think the loss of their front line has hurt them more than they care to admit or realize. But still a potent team! I think they are like Corbin and belfry is a way that when clicking they can beat everyone else, but when they aren’t, they are vulnerable.
Hound05 Wrote:Ahh when someone is just a straight up athlete like him, It doesn’t matter how good the rest of the team is, they’re hard to stop. But that’s the difference between a great team (Boyle) and a great player (Robinson). Great teams get their wins. Great players get their stats.

Sadly in HS football refs decide the outcome more than other sports. I’ve talked to several Boyle fans who have always been 100% honest with me and they said, “yea we played bad, but those refs were awful”. So I believe them. I’ll say what I’ve said to them. It’s hard for kids to maintain focus and intensity 10 games a year. They’re not machines. Should this be a wake up call for Boyle? Absolutely. Does this one game change anything for me? Nope. I actually wish they would have blown them out. Better chance they have a game like this later on if so. As much respect as I have for the Boyle county team, I will say that I think the loss of their front line has hurt them more than they care to admit or realize. But still a potent team! I think they are like Corbin and belfry is a way that when clicking they can beat everyone else, but when they aren’t, they are vulnerable.

Good post, I’m setting in a tree stand not seeing any deer 🦌, but enjoying the reading on BGR.
Hey jack if the board goes cold. Try listverse. It’s a site with top 10s of everything and anything you can think of. I burn it up on the john haha.
backcountry Wrote:The real star of the game that no one has really mentioned is Reese Smith. He caught 3 TD passes, one 2 point pass for points after,ran an interception back 100 yds for a TD, broke up several other passes and made several tackles. This, while playing with a rather bulky cast on his hand. He had a surgical procedure earlier in the day to remove the wire from his broken bone in his hand. This kid refuses to lose and never makes excuses. Any questions or comments?

That kid is truly blessed with talent and from your post his heart isn’t lacking either. He can change the tempo or set it, as I found out last year. No questions here nothing but respect for that kid.
Hound05 Wrote:Ahh when someone is just a straight up athlete like him, It doesn’t matter how good the rest of the team is, they’re hard to stop. But that’s the difference between a great team (Boyle) and a great player (Robinson). Great teams get their wins. Great players get their stats.

Agree with everything you said. My thoughts exactly. IMO, there's 3 teams that are heavy favorites to win 3A this year and you mentioned them. I do, however, think that 3 more could possibly be a longshot and that's Lex.Cath, Central, and Bell. But it's a longshot. At first I was giving heavy odds to Boyle to repeat. But not now. I think Belfry, Corbin, and Boyle all three are dead even. It's not that Boyle has gotten worse I just think Belfry and Corbin have drastically improved. I've been really high on the Hounds all year as most of you know, and I still am. At first I said that Corbin was the only team that could beat the Rebels. My mind has changed. Belfry's defense has gotten healthy and come alive and our pass defense is alot better than average. And we now have a pretty damn good passing game and are no longer one dimensional. Plus, if this game happens, it will be played on Pond Creek. I really believe we are just as good now as anybody in 3A. Should be a great playoff race coming up in a couple weeks. Cant wait!
I hate looking ahead but a potential matchup at pond creek with a belfry team that has a passing game is scary. IF, that matchup were to occur I don’t think either teams defense is stopping the other. I’ll get more in to detail as it gets closer for my thoughts. Who does belfry have next?
Hound05 Wrote:I hate looking ahead but a potential matchup at pond creek with a belfry team that has a passing game is scary. IF, that matchup were to occur I don’t think either teams defense is stopping the other. I’ll get more in to detail as it gets closer for my thoughts. Who does belfry have next?

We play the #1 ranked team in 4A, according to Max Preps, Johnson Central Eagles at their place. This game is always a knock down drag out fight and could go either way. Their kinda a mirror image of us. A power running football team. Very good, disciplined, and well coached. We've beat them the last three years. Last years score was 35-19 on Pond Creek.
Another unimpressive Boyle County win. Boyle County may be one of the top 5 teams in the state by the time state championship trophies are handed out, but their play so far this season does not place them in the top 10, IMO. The seem to be getting ranked based on last year's results.
My bad I said belfry. I meant who does Boyle play next.
Hound05 Wrote:My bad I said belfry. I meant who does Boyle play next.

Mercer County.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Another unimpressive Boyle County win. Boyle County may be one of the top 5 teams in the state by the time state championship trophies are handed out, but their play so far this season does not place them in the top 10, IMO. The seem to be getting ranked based on last year's results.

Don't let the rankings get you upset. State Titles are not handed out on rankings, the games will be settled on the field. Boyle's current rankings are worthless and means nothing in the big picture. Unimpressive or not, a win is a win the last time I looked and that's all that the KHSAA has required to advance in the playoffs.
Rebel55 Wrote:Don't let the rankings get you upset. State Titles are not handed out on rankings, the games will be settled on the field. Boyle's current rankings are worthless and means nothing in the big picture. Unimpressive or not, a win is a win the last time I looked and that's all that the KHSAA has required to advance in the playoffs.
I don't let anything Boyle County does upset me. I will be pulling for Belfry after next week's game. It's a few Boyle fans that like to brag about how badly they would beat teams that are not on their schedule, but they have not been very impressive against some weak teams that are on their schedule.

Western Hills is not a good team and Boyle's defense struggled to stop their offense.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't let anything Boyle County does upset me. I will be pulling for Belfry after next week's game. It's a few Boyle fans that like to brag about how badly they would beat teams that are not on their schedule, but they have not been very impressive against some weak teams that are on their schedule.

Western Hills is not a good team and Boyle's defense struggled to stop their offense.

I can't speak for other Boyle fans other than don't hate the team, hate the fan. On this site, if you let every excited fan get under your skin there would not be a team to like in this state other than your own.

True..Boyle's defense struggled against Western Hills. Thank God that Belfry and Corbin does not have Wandale Robinson on their team. I think that you would find that a lot of teams would struggle containing Wandale. Boyle is no exception. Impressive wins or not that doesn't change the FACT that it's still a Win and that is the most important stat.

Right now I would take a 1 point overtime win over Floyd Central! That would mean we advanced to the next round and our round 2 game would start with a score of 0-0. Just win baby! The losing team's moral victories will get you a seat in the stands the following week.
I don't think that Landen Bartleson or Drew Baker played after the first quarter.Both are important cogs on the Rebel defense and contribute greatly on offense.