Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most disappointing/unexpected teams
MountainSports Wrote:I second this. Lynn camp isn't a world beater yet. But if they get a win over williamsburg, they should have a good run in the playoffs.

Prestonsburg has disappointed me this year. I expected at minimum 2 more wins than what they have.

Bell is better than expected.

Prestonsburg is going to take a while.
Jackson county has been Disapointment with A Manageable Schedule and Ony win vs Terrible Berea
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Hopkinsville is pretty disappointing. Lot of hype based on their little playoff run last year has evaporated pretty quick.

I forgot about Hop-Town. They are definitely a disappointment. Hate to see it to. They could have made a serious run in 4A if Bland hadn't got injured. The Tigers were not prepared for an injury at the QB position and its showing now.
Monroe County’s lack of success has been surprising. LaRue lost a lot last year, but I still expected them to hang around the top 10, and like everybody else, Trinity.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Most disappointing team is Middlesboro and North Laurel. I’m excited about basketball and the Jackets

You expected a big season out of Middlesboro ????
McCreary County. Did not have big expectations but they have slid backwards. They have a good coach who had them moving forward but stumbled backwards this year.
BigBoy52 Wrote:As the regular season nears completion and the playoff come nearer and nearer, i look to see who has played better or worse than predicted. i'm curious as to who you guys have found to be good and bad. Me personally, i think Clinton County has been an unexpected team this season. Thoughts?

Product of their schedule, nothing more. Not taking anything from the kids, I am sure they have worked hard and busted their tails but coaching staff is not challenging them at all.
E's Army Wrote:Lynn Camp unexpected. 8-0 most points scored in 1A and least given up.

I'm trolling I know, but just saying... they gotta play somebody before you can really consider them. And please don't try to tell me Floyd Central is a good team.

Knott County Central 54 - 15
Jackson County 35 - 6
Floyd Central 41 - 26
Jenkins 60 - 0
Jellico, TN 56 - 0
Clinton County 35 - 14
Pineville 65 - 26
Harlan 48 - 13
jchs football parent Wrote:Jackson county has been Disapointment with A Manageable Schedule and Ony win vs Terrible Berea

Sad part, score board don't show it but it was 12-6 with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter of the Berea game when Berea ran out of gas. One of JC's touchdowns came on a big run on the first play from scrimmage. Berea next year gives them all they want and more, beats them in two with Stepp coaching.
I'd count Mayfield as a pleasant surprise this year. A couple years ago I remember some thinking Mayfield might be a little down after what they would lose from the 16, and 17 teams.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I'd count Mayfield as a pleasant surprise this year. A couple years ago I remember some thinking Mayfield might be a little down after what they would lose from the 16, and 17 teams.

Not in my eyes. I saw all they had returning from the state runner up team n felt they were favorites from the beginning.