Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Corbin @ 3A Casey County 10/19/18
Like I said, why use Boyle County for an example if you don't mean Boyle County? Why not say teams? You don't have to praise the Rebel staff at all. All this I just ask what impressed him more about those coaches? Why, because I believe they(Corbin) have just as much talent.
Cattleman Wrote:Like I said, why use Boyle County for an example if you don't mean Boyle County? Why not say teams? You don't have to praise the Rebel staff at all. All this I just ask what impressed him more about those coaches? Why, because I believe they(Corbin) have just as much talent.

I don’t know why he did? I’m pretty sure he’s not a Corbin fan. Maybe that was the only comparisons he knew? I don’t know. My point being things on here don’t have to be taken personal. We’re all adults. Well most of us, I have a tendency to act like a spoiled 4 year old sometimes. But criticism isn’t always bad. Prime example is last years belfry. All they heard was how tremendous they were and on and on. Maybe a little criticism would have made them more ready for central? I dunno? Maybe not. I can talk to 99% of other fans on here and discuss weaknesses and faults. The other 1% make that impossible because they take it personal and defensive. That’s fine, that’s their perspective on it. I’m def not saying you’re part of the 1%. But if we can’t agree to disagree on things why are we on here? No team is unbeatable in my by far. Every team has a weakness. We should be able to discuss it reasonably with getting in our feelings? I’m just trying to get people to open up reasonable dialogues with others. I’m def not saying that people can’t with you or you’re one of them. You’re not. But they are out there. Is BC the best team in the state? Nope. Is Corbin? Nope. Do they have the best coaches in the state? Nope. Do they have great kids and coaches? Yep. If people can’t see that then their isn’t a point debating. You or someone else might disagree and that’s fine. But it’s not a personal thing or shade. You know what I mean?
Hound05 Wrote:Actually never mind. I don’t even want to give you the satisfaction of a reply. It’s pretty narcissistic to assume because he said a team with a ton of D1 talent he meant Boyle huh? It’s also kind of funny because Boyle is a good team but I don’t see along with the majority a TON of D1 talent on their team. Great kids and athletes. But a TON of D1? Nope. One maybe two lower D1. Which is still quiet and accomplishment.

But as one of your fans said and got mad about in your “Boyle” thread. This is a Corbin thread. Not Boyle county. So let’s keep it that way.....

Defensive is a good word btw.

Actually Bartelson was at Alabama last weekend. Is that lower D 1?

I’m with you though. It’s all just a big misunderstanding.
You will be hard pressed to find a better person than Justin Haddix. I don’t know if you even know him personally to have a reason to not like him or not but, he is salt of the earth as far as I’m concerned.
Hatz Wrote:Actually Bartelson was at Alabama last weekend. Is that lower D 1?

I’m with you though. It’s all just a big misunderstanding.

Bartleson. That was the kids name. Couldn’t think of it. Thank you! Great player. Alabama good? I don’t think so but that’s my opinion and it doesn’t matter either way. I want the best for the kid, I will say that. But yea. A lot of wrong assumptions and such.
campbellfield Wrote:You will be hard pressed to find a better person than Justin Haddix. I don’t know if you even know him personally to have a reason to not like him or not but, he is salt of the earth as far as I’m concerned.

Ahh everyone can find something wrong in someone. That don’t bother me. I think he’s great. But some bell people will swear Dudley is a great person as well. It’s all perspective
smoke1015 Wrote:.......I don't like Haddix. If he woke up and the hair on his *** were somehow stuffed down his throat I'd be perfectly satisfied...
Tell us how you really feel Smoke...
campbellfield Wrote:You will be hard pressed to find a better person than Justin Haddix. I don’t know if you even know him personally to have a reason to not like him or not but, he is salt of the earth as far as I’m concerned.

Ahh everyone can find fault in someone. I don’t have a problem with it. It’s their opinion. Bell people will swear Dud is good man. I would beg the differ. But I’ve never took it personal when someone says they don’t like haddix. Or Corbin. Now when you bring kids in that’s a different story.
Hound05 Wrote:Ahh everyone can find fault in someone. I don’t have a problem with it. It’s their opinion. Bell people will swear Dud is good man. I would beg the differ. But I’ve never took it personal when someone says they don’t like haddix. Or Corbin. Now when you bring kids in that’s a different story.

I think Hound05 is a great poster and you Boyle County posters(except for FoSho) better leave him alone.
I am going to get back on point and discuss the Corbin and Casey game and I would like to ask you great football minds here in rivals world what can Casey do or what do they have to do to have a chance to win this game because it is a bigger game for Casey than Corbin I think. Can Casey's Defense slow down the passing game of Corbin? Will Casey be able to run the ball against Corbin's defense. I know the past few years Corbin's d backs have been great in shutting down passing games from opponents. I will hang up and listen.
Looks like it’s going to rain all day Friday.sloppy conditions may help Casey out
Casey has come a long way in a short time. A lot of former players along side a few dedicated parents have stepped up to try to develop some of the talent that they have. I don’t know how they will do Friday night but my crew is planning on making the trip to Liberty.
GreenHornet Wrote:I am going to get back on point and discuss the Corbin and Casey game and I would like to ask you great football minds here in rivals world what can Casey do or what do they have to do to have a chance to win this game because it is a bigger game for Casey than Corbin I think. Can Casey's Defense slow down the passing game of Corbin? Will Casey be able to run the ball against Corbin's defense. I know the past few years Corbin's d backs have been great in shutting down passing games from opponents. I will hang up and listen.

You know I honestly don’t want this to come off as arrogant. But Corbin would have to beat themselves instead of Casey doing it. Casey county is a good team. But I don’t think they are near where they were last year. I honestly think even with a good game plan, Corbin would just outmatch them with talent, and speed. You’re right though. Our DBs are solid again with our pass D. Our LBs are very good at stopping the run as well. We do have a tendency to be almost too disciplined and give up big plays. I.e. bell county. But in short I don’t know what they’d have to do to beat us, I know what we’d have to do to lose though.
GreenHornet Wrote:I am going to get back on point and discuss the Corbin and Casey game and I would like to ask you great football minds here in rivals world what can Casey do or what do they have to do to have a chance to win this game because it is a bigger game for Casey than Corbin I think. Can Casey's Defense slow down the passing game of Corbin? Will Casey be able to run the ball against Corbin's defense. I know the past few years Corbin's d backs have been great in shutting down passing games from opponents. I will hang up and listen.

Bell County vs Casey County game film should help some. :mop:
campbellfield Wrote:Tell us how you really feel Smoke...

Lol, and that's nothing professional. The dude can coach football, it's obvious. Just a couple of interviews I make my opinion off of. Our defensive coach was one of Haddix coach's in college. He loves the guy...Either way, I could hate a man x 100, it wouldn't do any good to the outcome of this game. Corbin is just, really really good. I hope no one thinks I've insulted any team here. I know what we're in for in 2 days.
Hound05 Wrote:You know I honestly don’t want this to come off as arrogant. But Corbin would have to beat themselves instead of Casey doing it. Casey county is a good team. But I don’t think they are near where they were last year. I honestly think even with a good game plan, Corbin would just outmatch them with talent, and speed. You’re right though. Our DBs are solid again with our pass D. Our LBs are very good at stopping the run as well. We do have a tendency to be almost too disciplined and give up big plays. I.e. bell county. But in short I don’t know what they’d have to do to beat us, I know what we’d have to do to lose though.

Totally agree with HOund. Corbin would really have to shoot themselves in the foot with crazy penatlies, uncharacteristic turnovers (probably at least 4), and/or some kid get thrown out of the game, etc.. That's the only way I see it. I don't want our fans and fellow people to get mad at me. I've got a son on the time, if anyone has a right, at this time to just talk realistic, I feel it's me. We are a top 10 team, like anywhere from 7 to 10, I feel. Corbin is legit top 3, and maybe right back in the title game again.
Corbin with ease in this one. Not close, other than rain slowing the rate of scores for Hounds.
smoke1015 Wrote:Totally agree with HOund. Corbin would really have to shoot themselves in the foot with crazy penatlies, uncharacteristic turnovers (probably at least 4), and/or some kid get thrown out of the game, etc.. That's the only way I see it. I don't want our fans and fellow people to get mad at me. I've got a son on the time, if anyone has a right, at this time to just talk realistic, I feel it's me. We are a top 10 team, like anywhere from 7 to 10, I feel. Corbin is legit top 3, and maybe right back in the title game again.

Yea I def tbink they’re probably top 10. A well rounded team. But I don’t think as good as they were last year. I could be wrong. But I tbink last year was their year. Wish they woulda beat Powell but those games happen. Either way I can’t say enough good things about Casey and their HC. A total turn around for that program, and they deserve it all. A team that has now come to be respected by opponents.

But I still believe even with a perfect game plan from Casey there is to many atheletes on the other side of the ball. Plus Corbin can hit you from so many different ways, long passes, short passing, and a power run game we let loose on bell county. Our weaknesses are there but I don’t know if Casey will be able to exploit them this year.
Hound05 Wrote:Yea I def tbink they’re probably top 10. A well rounded team. But I don’t think as good as they were last year. I could be wrong. But I tbink last year was their year. Wish they woulda beat Powell but those games happen. Either way I can’t say enough good things about Casey and their HC. A total turn around for that program, and they deserve it all. A team that has now come to be respected by opponents.

Yes we’re a well rounded team but not just yet at the Corbin level. Hopefully one day we will be though. Thanks for the kind words Hound05!
Corbin with a running clock.
Corbin
Corbin wins handily. The only thing that might be interesting is if they have a little hangover from last week and its close for a quarter.
CC_REBEL_CC Wrote:Yes we’re a well rounded team but not just yet at the Corbin level. Hopefully one day we will be though. Thanks for the kind words Hound05!

No problem. They deserve every thing they’ve worked for. I remember playing them back in the day. It was freshman by halftime. They’ve come a long way since due to hard work and support. I wish them the best but I think after what they have lost from last year it’s just going to be a tough game for them this year. But that’s ok too. Stonebreaker has from what I’ve heard set up a good feeder down there. Or is starting to one, I can’t remember anything anymore. So the future is bright for the rebs
ArJay Wrote:Corbin wins handily. The only thing that might be interesting is if they have a little hangover from last week and its close for a quarter.
If we have a hangover it will be because our own mindset, or an injury... It will have ZERO to do with last week. You sound like Dud, makin this weeks game about You. We have to be focused on the task at hand with Casey. They aren’t a pushover and won’t roll over and play dead. Casey is heading in a good direction and have a dandy coach. Good luck and hope for an injury free game.
Corbin is a good team but something just seems to be missing or not working right now. Could he the level of opponents they are playing that are exposing some things. 🙏 they get their players healthy for a good playoff 🏃
Twitter: @tc_analytics

bcpc Wrote:If we have a hangover it will be because our own mindset, or an injury... It will have ZERO to do with last week. You sound like Dud, makin this weeks game about You. We have to be focused on the task at hand with Casey. They aren’t a pushover and won’t roll over and play dead. Casey is heading in a good direction and have a dandy coach. Good luck and hope for an injury free game.

I did not say Corbin would have a hangover. I said it could happen and only briefly. Bell is a huge game for Corbin even if Bell is winless and Corbin is the best team in the whole state. And vice versa. I think Corbin will have a running clock tonight, but its possible they might stump their toe the first drive. Other than that it should be an easy game.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Corbin is a good team but something just seems to be missing or not working right now. Could he the level of opponents they are playing that are exposing some things. 🙏 they get their players healthy for a good playoff 🏃

No you’re right. I feel it too. I honestly think it’s not having gosslin. He’s a deep threat against anyone with his speed an ability to make tough catches. But I want to think that haddix isn’t revealing to much right now to future opponents. I hope I’m right. Because they def have more ability this year than they did last year. We shall see I guess.
Corbin has to much speed all over the field for Casey. Live what is going on at Casey but they do not match up well with Corbin
E's Army Wrote:Corbin has to much speed all over the field for Casey. Live what is going on at Casey but they do not match up well with Corbin

I almost think of Casey like a Lynn camp” situation. They’ve improved vastly. But will they ever be able to get over the hump? Will someone steal the ole ball coach down that ways? Will they be a solid 3A team now that some of the upper echelon teams are moving up?
I feel sorry for Jacob Steely from Corbin. Is the leading reciever, and was even at the time Gossellin got hurt, but everyone keeps saying that the loss of their leading receiver Gossellin is a huge blow. I'm sure losing goose was a blow, but the Corbin faithfull treat their actual leading receiver like he isn't as good. Would suck to be leading in receiving yards, and receptions, but treated as though you aren't as important.