Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Corbin @ 3A Casey County 10/19/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Corbin 7-1
Casey County 7-1
Corbin defense could very well score 3td :Cheerlead

Corbin 56
Casey County 07

When you see it, you will know it.:Cheerlead
Corbin - 48
Casey - 12
Corbin. 41
Casey. 7
Hounds by 30
Corbin 38 Casey 14
Running Clock Corbin.
49-21. Jv plays a bunch in the 3-4 qtrs.
I’d say hounds by 40 as well. Probably in the range of 48-8
A lot to a little, Corbin.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Running Clock Corbin.

This, I’m not gonna predict a score cause I think jv is in by 2nd half
I’m gonna go with the hounds 35-14. I think Haddix will rest some of the banged up players.
Casey is currently 3rd in the district, correct? Man, that's not a 2 seed in the cross district that I would envy.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Casey is currently 3rd in the district, correct? Man, that's not a 2 seed in the cross district that I would envy.

If I'm looking at it correctly, I believe Casey would play Powell Co. in the first round if everything goes the way everyone is expecting this next week.
Rip/Spin Wrote:If I'm looking at it correctly, I believe Casey would play Powell Co. in the first round if everything goes the way everyone is expecting this next week.

Corbin 1
Bell 2
Casey 3,

if I'm correct? I'm not saying Bell or Casey can make a run at a state championship, but that's an absolutely tough early playoff district.
64SUR Wrote:Corbin defense could very well score 3td :Cheerlead

Corbin 56
Casey County 07

Is this from the IMTU? :biglmao:
Corbin gets the running clock
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Corbin gets the running clock

You maybe right about that. I would rather see a game like last year, when it was just a great game for the first 40 minutes and then the wheels fell off for Casey. I hope for that kind of game this year, but just don't see it happening. If Casey happens to pull off the miracle (and that's a big IF) that would put Corbin, Bell and Casey in a 3 way tie for first in their district. If that happens, wouldn't Corbin still get the #1 seed in a tie breaker situation?
Corbin 48 Casey 14
Rip/Spin Wrote:You maybe right about that. I would rather see a game like last year, when it was just a great game for the first 40 minutes and then the wheels fell off for Casey. I hope for that kind of game this year, but just don't see it happening. If Casey happens to pull off the miracle (and that's a big IF) that would put Corbin, Bell and Casey in a 3 way tie for first in their district. If that happens, wouldn't Corbin still get the #1 seed in a tie breaker situation?
Man I use to know how that worked in those cases. I can’t for the life of me thin of it right now. I know it’s in the KHSAA rule book because I’ve read it on the John multiple times haha. There’s some crazy stuff in it actually
Hound05 Wrote:Man I use to know how that worked in those cases. I can’t for the life of me thin of it right now. I know it’s in the KHSAA rule book because I’ve read it on the John multiple times haha. There’s some crazy stuff in it actually

I think it has to do with the non-district opponents wins and losses. The team's opponents that total the most wins would be seeded first then the second most second and so on. I may be way off, but it seems like that's what I was either told or read once upon a time.
No use worrying about that the Redhounds will take care of business and win big
Smoke give us the low down on Casey Confusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote:Corbin defense could very well score 3td :Cheerlead

Corbin 56
Casey County 07

Last year I thought we might have a very outside chance if you guys did uncharacteristic things. Your kids did do some of those things, and we were there through 3. But a game is 4 quarters...This year, we are missing too many pieces, too young at some positions, not deep enough at others. IMO, I just want to come out of this game healthy is my thinking.
64SUR Wrote:Smoke give us the low down on Casey Confusedmoke:

Too small to compete with you guys this year I think. I'm scared it won't be competitive, just being honest. You guys grab some Bread of Life over on 127 South before the game, good place to grub.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Running Clock Corbin.

Could be. Last time we played you guys it was almost a running clock, Casey with the win. :-)
I think the Hounds will be way to much for Casey on this fall night. Corbin big, 56-17.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Corbin 1
Bell 2
Casey 3,

if I'm correct? I'm not saying Bell or Casey can make a run at a state championship, but that's an absolutely tough early playoff district.

I agree. Last year though Powell came out and played their butts off. Casey was looking forward to a 2nd Corbin meeting (whether they would have done any better in the 2nd one, or if Corbin came out firing on all cylinders and put them away worse). But that's what you get to looking past an opponent, and an opponent coming in fired up to beat you. Casey lost the game by, basically, 2 feet...when it probably should have won by 3 TDS. This year Powell is probably just as good or better. But I do agree, for a #1 or #2 in that district, Casey is definitely a tough out for anyone in that district. Bell will be a pain in anyone's butt not named, Boyle, Corbin, Belfry, or Louisville Central as well.
I'm not sure many outside of Casey and Corbin knows how the Casey vs Corbin game went, the last 2 meetings, actually. Last year was a surprise to me, if I'm honest, that we were that close, after losing so much talent the year before. But going into the 4th quarter vs Corbin, tied at 14-14, and still tied with 9 or 10 minutes left in the game...Corbin did such an exceptional job of field position the 4th quarter though, having a short field all quarter, and eventually getting up 2 scores and locking down on Casey's offense with their great defense. Casey couldn't really gain more than 4th down and 3 or 4, and Corbin started rolling. One last TD with a few seconds remaining by Corbin may have made the score look "respectable" to those outside that stadium. Haddix basically claimed his guys were asleep. I don't like Haddix. If he woke up and the hair on his *** were somehow stuffed down his throat I'd be perfectly satisfied...However, I've nothing against the kids there. Nothing I'm saying here is relative to this matchup Friday night. I fully expect to take a woodshed beating, just missing too many pieces, too many kids that could have helped our team this year decided video games was better than football. And this isn't an average Corbin team the past 3 years, arguably this is one of their best teams in their history, yet, in 3 years they haven't had a running clock on us, and in the last 2 it was Corbin only up on Casey by 3 at the half (District championship game 2 years ago we were down by 3 going into the 4th)...We have 45 kids, probably, to Corbin's 90...In some ways I can live with that. If we just make some plays, don't get anyone hurt, and put up at least a little fight I'll take that as a positive. We added no one to our roster, outside of our school, no "talent", no kid from Tennessee, or kid from down the road. Saying that, had one been available, or 2, or 3, I'd have taken them in a HEARTBEAT! I will say, some kids in our county are out there, super athletic kids, and if we ever tap into that reserve somehow, we will be contenders, at the very least prospects in 3A football. As they say, When you see that, you'll definitely know it...:-)
smoke1015 Wrote:I'm not sure many outside of Casey and Corbin knows how the Casey vs Corbin game went, the last 2 meetings, actually. Last year was a surprise to me, if I'm honest, that we were that close, after losing so much talent the year before. But going into the 4th quarter vs Corbin, tied at 14-14, and still tied with 9 or 10 minutes left in the game...Corbin did such an exceptional job of field position the 4th quarter though, having a short field all quarter, and eventually getting up 2 scores and locking down on Casey's offense with their great defense. Casey couldn't really gain more than 4th down and 3 or 4, and Corbin started rolling. One last TD with a few seconds remaining by Corbin may have made the score look "respectable" to those outside that stadium. Haddix basically claimed his guys were asleep. I don't like Haddix. If he woke up and the hair on his *** were somehow stuffed down his throat I'd be perfectly satisfied...However, I've nothing against the kids there. Nothing I'm saying here is relative to this matchup Friday night. I fully expect to take a woodshed beating, just missing too many pieces, too many kids that could have helped our team this year decided video games was better than football. And this isn't an average Corbin team the past 3 years, arguably this is one of their best teams in their history, yet, in 3 years they haven't had a running clock on us, and in the last 2 it was Corbin only up on Casey by 3 at the half (District championship game 2 years ago we were down by 3 going into the 4th)...We have 45 kids, probably, to Corbin's 90...In some ways I can live with that. If we just make some plays, don't get anyone hurt, and put up at least a little fight I'll take that as a positive. We added no one to our roster, outside of our school, no "talent", no kid from Tennessee, or kid from down the road. Saying that, had one been available, or 2, or 3, I'd have taken them in a HEARTBEAT! I will say, some kids in our county are out there, super athletic kids, and if we ever tap into that reserve somehow, we will be contenders, at the very least prospects in 3A football. As they say, When you see that, you'll definitely know it...:-)
You know in the past I’ve gave a lot of props to stonebreaker and the job he’s done there. It is amazing. But when you think about it. Him and haddix aren’t so different. When haddix took over we were coming out of the jewel days when we’d win 8 games a year and lose in or after the region and towards the end it was worse than that. We were very stale and DOWN. Both coaches have turned the programs around into winners again. Now Casey’s is more amazing to me because they didn’t have the history or the tradition and support like we did. But they aren’t so different. I love haddix, obviously. But not just because he knows how to win. Because he pushes kids and makes them work harder than they ever have. And 99% of the kids love him. He don’t play politics. That’s a main reason Corbin has so many kids and has 22 starters with rotations instead of 11 or so. Now your reason may be justified in not liking him. But I will day aside from coaching he’s a great man.
Pages: 1 2 3