Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Corbin @ 3A Casey County 10/19/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Redhounds too tough 42-13.
Hound05 Wrote:You know in the past I’ve gave a lot of props to stonebreaker and the job he’s done there. It is amazing. But when you think about it. Him and haddix aren’t so different. When haddix took over we were coming out of the jewel days when we’d win 8 games a year and lose in or after the region and towards the end it was worse than that. We were very stale and DOWN. Both coaches have turned the programs around into winners again. Now Casey’s is more amazing to me because they didn’t have the history or the tradition and support like we did. But they aren’t so different. I love haddix, obviously. But not just because he knows how to win. Because he pushes kids and makes them work harder than they ever have. And 99% of the kids love him. He don’t play politics. That’s a main reason Corbin has so many kids and has 22 starters with rotations instead of 11 or so. Now your reason may be justified in not liking him. But I will day aside from coaching he’s a great man.

Agree 110%. I doubt Haddix has ever done or said anything personal to smoke or any Casey folk. He is a classy and very motivated young man. He wants and expects his kids best effort and don’t coach for politics and money. He coaches for the love of the game and to help the kids. There are some people out there that people jus don’t like tho for other reasons. That’s ok too. I respect that. When you are up and coming and on top of your game, not everyone will want to see that.
bcpc Wrote:Agree 110%. I doubt Haddix has ever done or said anything personal to smoke or any Casey folk. He is a classy and very motivated young man. He wants and expects his kids best effort and don’t coach for politics and money. He coaches for the love of the game and to help the kids. There are some people out there that people jus don’t like tho for other reasons. That’s ok too. I respect that. When you are up and coming and on top of your game, not everyone will want to see that.

Just go on and say so proud of our son. He has done well.
Hound05 Wrote:You know in the past I’ve gave a lot of props to stonebreaker and the job he’s done there. It is amazing. But when you think about it. Him and haddix aren’t so different. When haddix took over we were coming out of the jewel days when we’d win 8 games a year and lose in or after the region and towards the end it was worse than that. We were very stale and DOWN. Both coaches have turned the programs around into winners again. Now Casey’s is more amazing to me because they didn’t have the history or the tradition and support like we did. But they aren’t so different. I love haddix, obviously. But not just because he knows how to win. Because he pushes kids and makes them work harder than they ever have. And 99% of the kids love him. He don’t play politics. That’s a main reason Corbin has so many kids and has 22 starters with rotations instead of 11 or so. Now your reason may be justified in not liking him. But I will day aside from coaching he’s a great man.

I agree with you about how they have made their programs better. What impresses me more about these two coaches is what they bring out in their players. I haven't heard or read anywhere that kids from either team are being offered scholarships to schools like Boyle Co. players are, yet they are very good. Corbin, obviously more so than Casey. But they can take a lot of average, to good players and make a very good or great team. To me, that's more impressive than someone who has tons of D-1 talent because you're expected to win with those kind of players.
It should impress you just take a look at the titles. If that don't then you are not in it for the right reasons. We develop our players into what you see and work with College coaches to get them seen and in school. Your players are no different in the fact you could do the same. I am hearing a hint of we win because we have D1 athletes, be very careful, we win because we work and we have a great staff that goes the extra mile. Try it!
smoke1015 Wrote:I agree. Last year though Powell came out and played their butts off. Casey was looking forward to a 2nd Corbin meeting (whether they would have done any better in the 2nd one, or if Corbin came out firing on all cylinders and put them away worse). But that's what you get to looking past an opponent, and an opponent coming in fired up to beat you. Casey lost the game by, basically, 2 feet...when it probably should have won by 3 TDS. This year Powell is probably just as good or better. But I do agree, for a #1 or #2 in that district, Casey is definitely a tough out for anyone in that district. Bell will be a pain in anyone's butt not named, Boyle, Corbin, Belfry, or Louisville Central as well.
I’ll be the first to tell ya it was a lot closer than 2 feet! #21’s body was in the endzone as time expired, just not the ball!! The powell/casey matchup this year will be another good one I believe
I think Casey Co. lacks size and speed to keep up with the redhounds friday night. 🙏🏼 for a injury free game on both sides. Would like to see this one be competitive but... Hounds by 30
Cattleman Wrote:It should impress you just take a look at the titles. If that don't then you are not in it for the right reasons. We develop our players into what you see and work with College coaches to get them seen and in school. Your players are no different in the fact you could do the same. I am hearing a hint of we win because we have D1 athletes, be very careful, we win because we work and we have a great staff that goes the extra mile. Try it!

I wasn't putting Boyle County down in anyway. Chuck Smith is a great coach and nobody is taking that away from him, especially not me. I admire how much talent comes out of one small county each and every year and I always have. Please don't take offence that I applaud someone else other than Boyle Co.
Casey Co is satisfied with being an average football team and Stonebreaker being an average coach. All of this is based on their schedule the past 4 years. It amazes me that you would travel the distance you travel for a W..
If they don’t beef up schedule, they will continue to be average and beating below average teams.
Casey could travel to the boro and still wouldn’t get credit for a signature win.
Cattleman Wrote:It should impress you just take a look at the titles. If that don't then you are not in it for the right reasons. We develop our players into what you see and work with College coaches to get them seen and in school. Your players are no different in the fact you could do the same. I am hearing a hint of we win because we have D1 athletes, be very careful, we win because we work and we have a great staff that goes the extra mile. Try it!

So, here’s what I’ll say to that. You MAY be hearing that and getting defensive because there is some truth to it. I’m not saying it is. There are teams every year that have D-1 kids that don’t win state titles. A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link, and chuck smith is elite at making his weakest links stronger than anybody else’s. I will ask this question though. How many titles has Boyle won without at least one D-1 player starting? Whether it’s an underclassman or senior. I include the Larry French years in that question as well. I’m pretty sure the run from 99-03 includes multiple D-1 players as well as at least 1 future NFL player. French had Dawson, and God knows we’ve all heard about Boyle’s 2020 class from FoSho. I’m not saying Boyle wins because of D-1 talent, but I’m just saying that it sure isn’t hurting them.
When hou see it, you’l know it!
Rip/Spin Wrote:I wasn't putting Boyle County down in anyway. Chuck Smith is a great coach and nobody is taking that away from him, especially not me. I admire how much talent comes out of one small county each and every year and I always have. Please don't take offence that I applaud someone else other than Boyle Co.

I know you are not downing Boyle, I was just making a point that Corbin has the same type kid, so to say Haddix does something with inferior talent is off base. I thought you were hinting that we have D1 talent and that is the reason for our success. You were dismissing the hard work we do for talent and saying Haddix works harder because he has inferior talent. That was why you weren't as impressed with our titles. Correct? I am just saying not the case at all. We develop that talent and work hard at getting our kids seen by colleges. Maybe doing more of that and Corbin kids can receive the same.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:So, here’s what I’ll say to that. You MAY be hearing that and getting defensive because there is some truth to it. I’m not saying it is. There are teams every year that have D-1 kids that don’t win state titles. A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link, and chuck smith is elite at making his weakest links stronger than anybody else’s. I will ask this question though. How many titles has Boyle won without at least one D-1 player starting? Whether it’s an underclassman or senior. I include the Larry French years in that question as well. I’m pretty sure the run from 99-03 includes multiple D-1 players as well as at least 1 future NFL player. French had Dawson, and God knows we’ve all heard about Boyle’s 2020 class from FoSho. I’m not saying Boyle wins because of D-1 talent, but I’m just saying that it sure isn’t hurting them.

Agree, I believe you can develop that talent and we do in many cases. We haven't had a freak athlete in sometime, since Dawson. I do not disagree with us having them I do disagree that it in someway means our staff doesn't have to work as hard as Corbins. He stated that Haddix and Stonebreaker were doing something more than our staff, that what we accomplish is expected and he is not impressed. Make no mistake we are not here to impress this guy, but if those teams have reach their potential and he is more impressed with that than the success of the Rebels he is in the wrong game.
Cattleman Wrote:I know you are not downing Boyle, I was just making a point that Corbin has the same type kid, so to say Haddix does something with inferior talent is off base. I thought you were hinting that we have D1 talent and that is the reason for our success. You were dismissing the hard work we do for talent and saying Haddix works harder because he has inferior talent. That was why you weren't as impressed with our titles. Correct? I am just saying not the case at all. We develop that talent and work hard at getting our kids seen by colleges. Maybe doing more of that and Corbin kids can receive the same.

No, Nope, Wrong. You were reading way more into that than what it is.
Cattleman Wrote:Agree, I believe you can develop that talent and we do in many cases. We haven't had a freak athlete in sometime, since Dawson. I do not disagree with us having them I do disagree that it in someway means our staff doesn't have to work as hard as Corbins. He stated that Haddix and Stonebreaker were doing something more than our staff, that what we accomplish is expected and he is not impressed.

I never said that those guys were doing more than Boyle Co. Dude you are being way too defensive. You may have thought that, but that's not it at all. I'm not here to argue and I won't.
Rip/Spin Wrote:I agree with you about how they have made their programs better. What impresses me more about these two coaches is what they bring out in their players. I haven't heard or read anywhere that kids from either team are being offered scholarships to schools like Boyle Co. players are, yet they are very good. Corbin, obviously more so than Casey. But they can take a lot of average, to good players and make a very good or great team. To me, that's more impressive than someone who has tons of D-1 talent because you're expected to win with those kind of players.

Then what impressed you more about those coaches than Boyles and winning titles?

Maybe I just can't read what impressed you more.
I not arguing, I know exactly what you are doing, trying to pump Haddix up and giving an excuse for later. Just pump him up at someone else's expense. Smith and Boyle is not the good example.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:So, here’s what I’ll say to that. You MAY be hearing that and getting defensive because there is some truth to it. I’m not saying it is. There are teams every year that have D-1 kids that don’t win state titles. A chain is only as strong as it’s weakest link, and chuck smith is elite at making his weakest links stronger than anybody else’s. I will ask this question though. How many titles has Boyle won without at least one D-1 player starting? Whether it’s an underclassman or senior. I include the Larry French years in that question as well. I’m pretty sure the run from 99-03 includes multiple D-1 players as well as at least 1 future NFL player. French had Dawson, and God knows we’ve all heard about Boyle’s 2020 class from FoSho. I’m not saying Boyle wins because of D-1 talent, but I’m just saying that it sure isn’t hurting them.

Pretty good observation. Actually the early run had Tamme and Leffew that spent some time in the NFL.

The 2003 Rebel squad had Brandon Smith but he went to Western and I can't remember if they had gone from 1-AA to 1-A then or not. I thought 2003 had the least talent but perhaps the most impressive run at 15-0.

Best teams I saw that had little or no Division 1 Talent on them were the Danville Squads in the early 90's. I don't recall any of those guys going Division 1. But some of the best HS teams on any level.
Cattleman Wrote:I not arguing, I know exactly what you are doing, trying to pump Haddix up and giving an excuse for later. Just pump him up at someone else's expense. Smith and Boyle is not the good example.

I'm sorry if what I said offended you. I don't know Haddix and wasn't trying to pump anybody up or do any such thing. The way you've taken it hasn't wasn't my intent. Again, I'm sorry and may God bless you and have a good rest of the day.
Off topic but I didn't get on here any thru the mccreary co. And Jackson co. wks and maybe missed it but where is PJ Doug? Something happen to him?
Rip/Spin Wrote:I never said that those guys were doing more than Boyle Co. Dude you are being way too defensive. You may have thought that, but that's not it at all. I'm not here to argue and I won't.

I think that everyone in the state knows that very few people work harder than Boyle’s staff, if any. I do think there are some who work just as hard, Corbin’s included. It can be hard to hodge too. At places like Corbin and Boyle coaches mainly need to coach. There are other places where field maintanence, and preparation are on the coaches list of responsibilities as well as other things. I have no doubt that some of the hardest working coaches in the state are below .500.

Now back to the Casey vs Corbin game. I think the hounds win 43-14. The real question is will Chase Estep hurdle someone this year.
Probably not this week. I look for estep to be out of the game asap.

Who is we? And try what?

Btw there are several kids from Corbin being looked at. It’s just publicized on here.
Cattleman Wrote:I know you are not downing Boyle, I was just making a point that Corbin has the same type kid, so to say Haddix does something with inferior talent is off base. I thought you were hinting that we have D1 talent and that is the reason for our success. You were dismissing the hard work we do for talent and saying Haddix works harder because he has inferior talent. That was why you weren't as impressed with our titles. Correct? I am just saying not the case at all. We develop that talent and work hard at getting our kids seen by colleges. Maybe doing more of that and Corbin kids can receive the same.

First off you’re so off base with assuming what you think he said. 2nd off, haddix and Corbin work every bit as hard as Boyle county does. I 100% guarantee that. I would say 25%+ work just as hard as everyone else.

Rip never said he wasn’t impressed with BCs titles because of talent. Never even implied it. But the OP does make a valid point. How many titles does BC have without any D1 players on the roster?
Cattleman Wrote:Agree, I believe you can develop that talent and we do in many cases. We haven't had a freak athlete in sometime, since Dawson. I do not disagree with us having them I do disagree that it in someway means our staff doesn't have to work as hard as Corbins. He stated that Haddix and Stonebreaker were doing something more than our staff, that what we accomplish is expected and he is not impressed. Make no mistake we are not here to impress this guy, but if those teams have reach their potential and he is more impressed with that than the success of the Rebels he is in the wrong game.
Please post where he said that?!
Actually never mind. I don’t even want to give you the satisfaction of a reply. It’s pretty narcissistic to assume because he said a team with a ton of D1 talent he meant Boyle huh? It’s also kind of funny because Boyle is a good team but I don’t see along with the majority a TON of D1 talent on their team. Great kids and athletes. But a TON of D1? Nope. One maybe two lower D1. Which is still quiet and accomplishment.

But as one of your fans said and got mad about in your “Boyle” thread. This is a Corbin thread. Not Boyle county. So let’s keep it that way.....

Defensive is a good word btw.
Rip/Spin Wrote:I agree with you about how they have made their programs better. What impresses me more about these two coaches is what they bring out in their players. I haven't heard or read anywhere that kids from either team are being offered scholarships to schools like Boyle Co. players are, yet they are very good. Corbin, obviously more so than Casey. But they can take a lot of average, to good players and make a very good or great team. To me, that's more impressive than someone who has tons of D-1 talent because you're expected to win with those kind of players.

How many times should I post it? He is more impressed with what Haddix is doing with less talent than Boyle with D1 kids. Maybe I just can’t read.
Corbin sounding like Dudley? We just got a bunch of old country boys, not much talent we just play hard. 😂
Cattleman Wrote:How many times should I post it? He is more impressed with what Haddix is doing with less talent than Boyle with D1 kids. Maybe I just can’t read.

If that’s what you got out of it wow!! Schools like Boyle. Then he goes on to say he’s more impressed with teams that don’t have D1 talent. He didn’t say Boyle. But even if he did, guess what he’s right. It’s is more impressive for a team like Corbin or Casey to be good than it is a team full of D1 talent. That don’t mean Boyle, because they DONT! You guys are always so touchy and defensive. You always assume it’s a shot if someone doesn’t praise the almighty Boyle county. The score could have always been 100-0 but you chose not to. We get it. Keep it in your lane. Last year the only kids that really impressed me aside from the line as a whole. We’re the running back, the WR smith or whatever his name was, and the little Colwick kid. Other than that. Just the same as everyone else. THATS NOT A SHOT. it’s the truth. If you don’t like it, fine. But you all don’t have to take it so personal every time someone brings you guys into conversation and don’t worship you. Like I said it is more impressive for a team like Corbin to win the title this year that Boyle. All the kids on every team work hard. If they don’t they need to find a new hobby or coach. Like i said, 1 out of 4 or 5 teams work just as hard as Boyle does. Smith is a great coach. So is haddix. So is belfrys. There’s a lot out there. Most of Boyle’s fans are level headed, I know because I’ve met and talked to plenty. A select few get butt hurt whenever someone doesn’t commend smith for being the best coach in the world or not including them in some type of “best of” convo. You all wanted to keep your threads about BC so as I stated let’s keep this one about Corbin. Because as of right now No one is worried about Boyle county right now.
Pages: 1 2 3