Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Boyle County @ 3A Western Hills 10/19/18
I don’t know if Lanter is Division 1 prospect or not. Time will tell.

And each person has his opinions that ought to be expressed.

That said I felt the same about Corbin’s QB last year. Slow and in the Boyle game he didn’t read the field very well. It’s all subjective.
Hatz Wrote:I don’t know if Lanter is Division 1 prospect or not. Time will tell.

And each person has his opinions that ought to be expressed.

That said I felt the same about Corbin’s QB last year. Slow and in the Boyle game he didn’t read the field very well. It’s all subjective.

You’re right opinions should be expressed. But no it’s not subjective, last year our QB was slow. And in that game he didn’t read the field well. That’s an accurate statement. But I don’t think anyone claimed he was a D1 prospect. Could be wrong. Sure there was probably one homer out there claiming it.

I don’t want anyone to get the wrong picture. I’m not slamming the Boyle QB. He’s a good athlete. I just don’t think he’ll be playing on saturdays at the D1 level unless he grows and matured his game some. It’s not out of the question at all. I could def see him playing at a Cumberland or pikeville type school. Which is no failure by any means.
I am a Reed Lanter fan, but another year in the weight room will help him become the player that the D1 coaches are looking for. Some players mature faster than others and after all he is still a junior in high school. This conversation should make a lot more sense, this time next year.
Listen guys nothing good can come of this conversation, even if you feel your being honest someone gonna get in their feelings... I hope all these kids get D1 offers but my opinion means squat to college coaches either way. Let’s get back to the game tonight before something is put on here in the heat of the moment that really hurts a kid feelings. Good luck to Boyle tonight not that your gonna need it.
chs crazy Wrote:Listen guys nothing good can come of this conversation, even if you feel your being honest someone gonna get in their feelings... I hope all these kids get D1 offers but my opinion means squat to college coaches either way. Let’s get back to the game tonight before something is put on here in the heat of the moment that really hurts a kid feelings. Good luck to Boyle tonight not that your gonna need it.

No no no. No one is slamming the kid or berating him. If they were. I’d take up for him. Because these are kids. No need for that. But this is a HS football forum. If we can’t discuss opinions of “potential” D1 prospects without someone getting their feelings hurt. Then they’re in the wrong place.

As for my position. I’ve stated respectfully that I don’t believe his is D1 material right now. Which is evident because he doesn’t have any D1 offers yet. I’ve also stated why I believe he’s not D1 material right now. All of this could change. And I hope it does. I want the best for any kid. My OPINION is obviously not fact. Several agree with me about him, several don’t. I don’t care. This is a place for discussion with mutual respect from posters. If anyone here thinks I’ve said something out of the way, I’m sorry. But I don’t believe I have. My basis for this thought has come from watching him, watching tape, comparing kids who I believe are D1 material, and talking with other fans. I’m not the one who brought this up. I just offered a rebuttal to their comment. Anyone here is more than welcome to debate me. But don’t get all up in your feelings about it because he plays for you or on the other side because you just don’t like the kid. If someone said, and they did, that last year and this year Corbin didn’t have any D1 players, ok!! Fine!! Haha. I mean it’s a random persons thoughts behind a computer. I would argue we have one that could be but he has chose to play D1 baseball. There are also several others that have the potential. Some are younger and some aren’t. Once again, I’m not trying to offend any fan base. Anyone now days can be offended by anything. I could act all butt hurt over comments about Corbin. I don’t. I just argue the other side if there is one. Once again, this isn’t the place for adults to get all up in their feelings because someone has a different opinion. Good luck to the kid. I hope he does achieve whatever goals he has. But this attitude that, “our kid is an all star and anyone who thinks different is wrong and it’s not up for discussion” is wearing tinted glasses and shouldn’t post their thoughts if they aren’t ready for others. Good luck Boyle, good luck to the QB.
I didn’t really think you were slamming kids buddy I just seen it heading in that direction from others and didn’t want it to result in a bunch of kids from either side getting cut down between rival fans.. your good with open dialogue some, well most on here aren’t and that’s all I was worried about. I’ve never seen you go maliciously after a kid I apologize if you thought that’s what I was saying
I may get on here and make comments about a teams offense or defense or even predict a running clock might even say one team doesn’t have a chance against another, but I never talk about a student athlete in particular in anyway that’s not positive and what I mean by that is if I don’t have something constructive to say about them then I don’t say anything at all in other words I don’t critique players because it usually leads to disagreements or hard feelings with members of another fan base. I have no hard feelings over Reed but I did feel the need to defend him.
chs crazy Wrote:I didn’t really think you were slamming kids buddy I just seen it heading in that direction from others and didn’t want it to result in a bunch of kids from either side getting cut down between rival fans.. your good with open dialogue some, well most on here aren’t and that’s all I was worried about. I’ve never seen you go maliciously after a kid I apologize if you thought that’s what I was saying

No I just quoted you as part of it. I didn’t take what you said that way, I just put it in there as context to what I was saying. You don’t have to apologize you didn’t do anything. It’s all good. I know it was meant that way towards me buddy.