Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Boyle County @ 3A Western Hills 10/19/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Boyle County 8-0
Western Hills 6-2
Boyle County wins easy
Boyle - 52
Hills - 13
Boyle by 30
Boyle comfortably.
Just get the comfortable W and do what ever is needed to keep everyone healthy and move on!
I agree we need to get thru the game without injuries but we've been without key people for so long we have to start getting into a rhythm on offense at some point.
Boyle County 49
Western Hills 14
:popcorn:
Boyle wins this one fairly easy. But Robinson will get his. But it takes 11 not 1.
Alabama rep was at the Western Hill/Garrard game. With Bartleson visiting Bama this past weekend I wonder if there will be a Bama rep in attendance or maybe several schools will show up.
Hound05 Wrote:Boyle wins this one fairly easy. But Robinson will get his. But it takes 11 not 1.

Last year WanDale had 10 yards on 11 carries vs Boyle Co. He definetly didn't "get his." In saying that, WanDale is the best player in the state. He will win Mr Football and play major college football. He very well may do some damage this Friday night. But the best thing about WanDale is I hear he's a great kid and very humble.
Boyle Co. is too tough 42-13.
FoSho Wrote:Last year WanDale had 10 yards on 11 carries vs Boyle Co. He definetly didn't "get his." In saying that, WanDale is the best player in the state. He will win Mr Football and play major college football. He very well may do some damage this Friday night. But the best thing about WanDale is I hear he's a great kid and very humble.

Well that’s good to hear. Ryan off KSR thinks he’s coming to UK. I hope so. But I still believe he will “Get his” Friday. But it won’t be enough
Hound05 Wrote:Well that’s good to hear. Ryan off KSR thinks he’s coming to UK. I hope so. But I still believe he will “Get his” Friday. But it won’t be enough

Wandale played against Boyle 2 times last year the first game he had 11 carries for 19 yds, and the second game he had 7 carries for 19 yds he didn’t get his last year and IMO he won’t this year either ‘cause Boyle’s run defense is every bit as good this year as it was last year of course this is just my opinion. I could be wrong wouldn’t be the first time, but Western hills passing game isn’t really a threat so the defense will key on Mr Robinson.

On a side note his stats are from the KHSAA so they should be accurate.
I think WanDale ends up at OSU.
FoSho Wrote:I think WanDale ends up at OSU.

He may very well, and who could blame him, but I'm hoping he will be wearing blue next season. I believe he will be on the field next season if he goes to UK. He's a lot of fun to watch!
A chance to see some great high school talent on the field at the same time. Unfortunately for Wandale and WH most of it will be on the Boyle side of the field. There will be several college coaches there for sure. Wandale as always will be in the limelight, but this time the Rebels will be creating a lot of interest as well. Landen, Reese and Wilson plus several others now are getting some attention from some top level programs. Boyle should win big. Just hope the weather cooperates.
Boyle 42 Western Hills 21
Boyle has had the injury bug this year. Hopefully they can return a few to the field Friday night atleast for a half. Boyle’s JV gets some PT in the 4th.
backcountry Wrote:A chance to see some great high school talent on the field at the same time. Unfortunately for Wandale and WH most of it will be on the Boyle side of the field. There will be several college coaches there for sure. Wandale as always will be in the limelight, but this time the Rebels will be creating a lot of interest as well. Landen, Reese and Wilson plus several others now are getting some attention from some top level programs. Boyle should win big. Just hope the weather cooperates.

I've heard Wilson Kelly and Reed Lanter will be the next two with D1 offers....it's just a matter of time.

Don't be surprised if there are more in the future.
maybe a tap game for Johnny Reb
FoSho Wrote:I've heard Wilson Kelly and Reed Lanter will be the next two with D1 offers....it's just a matter of time.

Don't be surprised if there are more in the future.

What positions do they play? I don’t remember them?
Hound05 Wrote:What positions do they play? I don’t remember them?

Wilson Kelly DT #73

Reed Lanter QB #19
Hound05 Wrote:What positions do they play? I don’t remember them?

How could you forget the kid that torched Corbin’s secondary in the state title game last year? and the D-lineman who had a huge part in shutting down Corbin’s running game and made life miserable for the QB? 😁
Still thinking this is a trap game, Im calling the upset now with The Hills winning by 7
Don't see it. Maybe Wandale gets more yards than he has the last two games. Maybe a KR for a TD as Boyle has never been great at that. I personally wouldn't kick to him but I'm not the coach. But there is NO WAY Western Hills wins this game.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Wandale played against Boyle 2 times last year the first game he had 11 carries for 19 yds, and the second game he had 7 carries for 19 yds he didn’t get his last year and IMO he won’t this year either ‘cause Boyle’s run defense is every bit as good this year as it was last year of course this is just my opinion. I could be wrong wouldn’t be the first time, but Western hills passing game isn’t really a threat so the defense will key on Mr Robinson.

On a side note his stats are from the KHSAA so they should be accurate.

Watching a couple of his games online it seems that’s all you have to do to beat them is stop him. They don’t really have much else. It’s gotta be somewhat frustrating for the kid.
Jack Lambert Wrote:How could you forget the kid that torched Corbin’s secondary in the state title game last year? and the D-lineman who had a huge part in shutting down Corbin’s running game and made life miserable for the QB? 😁

Ahh man I’m not good with names. I remember a couple names. I just remember the line a whole. No one stood out to me in particular because they were good as a unit. I think Boyle has a good QB. I don’t know if he’s D1 material good. But I’ll agree he did throw all over us. But i give a lot of credit to the WRs. When you’re wide open half the game it helps the QB out a lot for sure.
If it rains a lot WanDale will be a non factor. If he can't get his footing to make cuts, Hills will not move the ball at all.

Score comparison:

Franklin Co - 28
Western Hills - 21

Franklin Co - 7
Boyle Co - 50

LexCath - 49
Western Hills - 42

LexCath - 14
Boyle Co - 40

....as far as the QB at Boyle Co. He's D1 and based upon what I've heard for over a year, that's not even a debate. He is a little undersized for a passing QB but is very skilled. If he played under a different scheme, his numbers could be as big as anyone in the state.

Boyle Co Football = Rings >>> Stats (and that goes for every kid on the team)
Boyle's overall team speed will make Wandale miserable.
Pages: 1 2 3