Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Boyle County @ 3A Western Hills 10/19/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I agree with Hound 05 Lanter is a great High School QB but I wouldn't say D1 at this point unless he grows and shows the ability to run the ball. College recruiting has became a game of measurables. I've seen Kelly play also,I do agree he is definitely a D1 football player and could see him get multiple offers after his season is complete. Kelly is one of the top Dtackles in the State. Smith told me during a summer camp I worked in Louisville that Kelly is the strongest player he has ever coached in High School with a bench of 400 and squat of 600. I watched him rep 185 37 times at this Lineman Camp I worked. That kid is a man! I'm completely bias but Boyle is loaded with size and speed all over the field if you get to see them in person. I'm big on Cov Catholic and Frederick Douglas but as the season progresses I'm not sure Boyle may not be the best team in the state.
Football Scout Wrote:I agree with Hound 05 Lanter is a great High School QB but I wouldn't say D1 at this point unless he grows and shows the ability to run the ball. College recruiting has became a game of measurables. I've seen Kelly play also,I do agree he is definitely a D1 football player and could see him get multiple offers after his season is complete. Kelly is one of the top Dtackles in the State. Smith told me during a summer camp I worked in Louisville that Kelly is the strongest player he has ever coached in High School with a bench of 400 and squat of 600. I watched him rep 185 37 times at this Lineman Camp I worked. That kid is a man! I'm completely bias but Boyle is loaded with size and speed all over the field if you get to see them in person. I'm big on Cov Catholic and Frederick Douglas but as the season progresses I'm not sure Boyle may not be the best team in the state.

I think kelly is a beast. I didn’t know his name but knew his number. I think the Boyle QB has the athletic ability to be a college QB maybe not D1. But I think he weakness is the actual game, meaning reads, vision, and decision making. If he could improve that he might be alright on the next level. He definitely has the timing down on the offense. I will say that. But the thing with timing is it can also be used against you. I watched an entire game where NOrth Hardin didn’t bump or press any of the WRs. So it was basically like throwing the ball in warm ups. Everything will be in place. But the kid does have another year so maybe he will progress. I always want the best for the kids individually, to reach their goals whatever they may be. But as of now, I don’t see him as a D1 QB. My opinion and 50 cents will buy you a Pepsi at Kroger in 2004 though.
Hey jack lambert. Me and you had a convo about this time last year about BCs amazing kicker that was an 8th grader. Is he starting varsity now? I’ve watched a couple of your games and it didn’t look like the kid kicking I saw. This kid was putting it on maybe the 15 to 20ish? Any info? TIA jack
Bc +21
Hound05 Wrote:Hey jack lambert. Me and you had a convo about this time last year about BCs amazing kicker that was an 8th grader. Is he starting varsity now? I’ve watched a couple of your games and it didn’t look like the kid kicking I saw. This kid was putting it on maybe the 15 to 20ish? Any info? TIA jack

Jackson missed a couple of games with a foot injury. He's been back the last 2 games and kicked 2 FG's against Catholic. Seems to be better than before the injury. A lot of pressure on being the #1 rated freshman kicker in the nation. Last week he seemed that the nerves has left as he booted the ball really good.
What helps Lanter is the system. He had one of the best lines in the state last year. Surrounded by playmakers at receiver with one of them being D-1 caliber in Smith and D-1 running back with Bartleson. Lanter is a good player and an accurate passer but you put him on a high school team without what I mentioned above and his an average player that nobody really talks about. I also think there are a lot of QB's around the state that you could put on Boyle's team and they look a lot better because of what they are surrounded with.
Say what you want, I just know Lanter is being recruited by D1 schools and is as much of a victim as beneficiary of the system. When you play half of nearly every game it's really hard to rack up great numbers. And isn't it just as important for his teammates to have him as QB as opposed to someone that wasn't good? That statement is ridiculous that he's benefitted from D1 talent around him but that road only goes one way. Kinda unfair to him imo.

He won the KY QB Challenge this year against several of those QBs around the state that would "benefit from the talent on his team" and he was MVP of the 3A Title game last year.

Another question. Why does he have to run the ball at all? He has plenty of talent in the backfield and has no need to run?

His weight is his only issue that I can see. And that will come.
Try playing for a team that can't pass block running for your life every play, with receivers that can't get separation and getting the opportunity to pass 10-12 times a game. There are some good QB's out there on teams like this that nobody talks about. Lanter should be very thankful for his situation.
UK1 Wrote:Try playing for a team that can't pass block running for your life every play, with receivers that can't get separation and getting the opportunity to pass 10-12 times a game. There are some good QB's out there on teams like this that nobody talks about. Lanter should be very thankful for his situation.

Shouldn't every kid on that team be thankful for their situation? Lol
Smith is an exceptional athlete and being a safety with his speed is going to get recruited at a lot of other high schools regardless of what is around him talent wise. Kelly is extremely strong and can move for his size. He could play D Tackle at a lot of high schools and still be recruited. Bartleson is a track star with elite speed and athleticism. He could show up a camp and run for them and be recruited. I think Lanter benefits most from his surrounding players and does not have the athleticism or physical attributes of the other players and would not stand out at other schools unless surrounded by talent.
UK1 Wrote:Smith is an exceptional athlete and being a safety with his speed is going to get recruited at a lot of other high schools regardless of what is around him talent wise. Kelly is extremely strong and can move for his size. He could play D Tackle at a lot of high schools and still be recruited. Bartleson is a track star with elite speed and athleticism. He could show up a camp and run for them and be recruited. I think Lanter benefits most from his surrounding players and does not have the athleticism or physical attributes of the other players and would not stand out at other schools unless surrounded by talent.

QB is a position that by nature benefits most by its surrounding talent.

Would it make you feel better if I said that Lanter isn't being recruited by D1 schools? Feels like you got a problem with it.
See ya next week UK1. 😂
FoSho Wrote:Say what you want, I just know Lanter is being recruited by D1 schools and is as much of a victim as beneficiary of the system. When you play half of nearly every game it's really hard to rack up great numbers. And isn't it just as important for his teammates to have him as QB as opposed to someone that wasn't good? That statement is ridiculous that he's benefitted from D1 talent around him but that road only goes one way. Kinda unfair to him imo.

He won the KY QB Challenge this year against several of those QBs around the state that would "benefit from the talent on his team" and he was MVP of the 3A Title game last year.

Another question. Why does he have to run the ball at all? He has plenty of talent in the backfield and has no need to run?

His weight is his only issue that I can see. And that will come.

FoSho Wrote:Shouldn't every kid on that team be thankful for their situation? Lol

FoSho Wrote:QB is a position that by nature benefits most by its surrounding talent.

Would it make you feel better if I said that Lanter isn't being recruited by D1 schools? Feels like you got a problem with it.

I have never questioned if he was being recruited D-1. Would it make you feel better if I said I didn't really care and I hope all these guys get an opportunity whether it is Boyle players or any other high school players It seems to really bother you are you his dad or something? My whole point is something you mentioned above is that QB's benefit the most by their surroundings.
UK1 Wrote:I have never questioned if he was being recruited D-1. Would it make you feel better if I said I didn't really care and I hope all these guys get an opportunity whether it is Boyle players or any other high school players It seems to really bother you are you his dad or something? My whole point is something you mentioned above is that QB's benefit the most by their surroundings.

Not all QBs can benefit from their surroundings....some just suck.
FoSho Wrote:Not all QBs can benefit from their surroundings....some just suck.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet BOCO fans at their finest. You compliment their players their talent and their system and even agree with them and this is their response.
I an not agreeing or disagreeing with either FoSho or UK1 but I think they compliment each other no matter how anyone looks at it. If the quarterback can’t threw good passes then it don’t make a receiver and if receivers can’t get open and can’t catch then it don’t help the quarterback. But I think Boyle County has both. Personally I think the best characteristics of a good quarterback is going threw his progressions and get the ball to the open receiver. Just my opinion
UK1 Wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, meet BOCO fans at their finest. You compliment their players their talent and their system and even agree with them and this is their response.

It's true. You're the one that said lots would benefit from being the Boyle Co QB? But that's not really true. Being a QB is hard, not everyone can do it. Especially at the highest level. Regardless of how great the team is the QB has to be able to do the job. I think ours does a great job with a track record to prove it.

Kelly, Smith and Bartleson are studs and there are more than that on the team. They prove it all the time.
Patriot1 Wrote:I an not agreeing or disagreeing with either FoSho or UK1 but I think they compliment each other no matter how anyone looks at it. If the quarterback can’t threw good passes then it don’t make a receiver and if receivers can’t get open and can’t catch then it don’t help the quarterback. But I think Boyle County has both. Personally I think the best characteristics of a good quarterback is going threw his progressions and get the ball to the open receiver. Just my opinion

The most important part of a QB IMO is leadership, taking care of the football and accuracy. But your point is well taken.
UK1 Wrote:What helps Lanter is the system. He had one of the best lines in the state last year. Surrounded by playmakers at receiver with one of them being D-1 caliber in Smith and D-1 running back with Bartleson. Lanter is a good player and an accurate passer but you put him on a high school team without what I mentioned above and his an average player that nobody really talks about. I also think there are a lot of QB's around the state that you could put on Boyle's team and they look a lot better because of what they are surrounded with.
This is exactly my thoughts. A good HS Qb. But probably a little above average if you take away those around him. Not D1 but def something he could grow and achieve. Like I said. He has the athletic abilities but he’s just not there from what I’ve seen and watched
But as far as who benefits whom, it’s both beneficiaries of each other. But I just believe you could put and average QB in Boyle’s system with their WRs and they’d still get the same results. Because of the separation they get. Most of his throws are wide open. However if you take those WRs away and replace them with average players his stats would go down way more than vice versus. Once again, this isn’t slamming the kid. I think he’s a great athlete. But his game is was holds him back from being D1. The decision making etc. UK1’s comment about the line is true as well. Last year he had a freaking wall! This year not as much from what I’ve watched but still good. Either way I wish the best for the kid and Boyle unless we see ya. But whoever comes out of east has more than deserved it!!
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Still thinking this is a trap game, Im calling the upset now with The Hills winning by 7

We’re not biting go troll the Corbin fanbase.😁😁😁
Jack Lambert Wrote:We’re not biting go troll the Corbin fanbase.😁😁😁

You’re not even gonna give him a chance to post the IMTU computer results?
Hound05 Wrote:You’re not even gonna give him a chance to post the IMTU computer results?

Nope!
You guys can say what you want to about Reed Lanter’s skills and abilities I’Ve watched him since the 7th grade, and I absolutely would not trade him for another QB in the state. The kids got an absolute cannon and deadly accurate especially on the run, and if you don’t watch him week in and week out in my opinion I don’t feel like you have the right to judge his abilities. In closing you could not put an average QB on this Boyle team and be any where close to what they are with Lanter.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You guys can say what you want to about Reed Lanter’s skills and abilities I’Ve watched him since the 7th grade, and I absolutely would not trade him for another QB in the state. The kids got an absolute cannon and deadly accurate especially on the run, and if you don’t watch him week in and week out in my opinion I don’t feel like you have the right to judge his abilities. In closing you could not put an average QB on this Boyle team and be any where close to what they are with Lanter.

Well if that’s the case no one on here can judge any other team or themselves as a result from lack of comparison. I’ve watched enough Boyle tape this year to get an idea. And you’re right. He does have a cannon. He is accurate on the run. It’s just my honest opinion he’s not a D1 QB. I hope the best for the kid. I don’t know him or hold any preconceived notions of him. Just a thought from the outside. He might go on to be Payton Manning. But as a HS player I don’t think he’s D1 material. But I don’t think the kid from lex cath is either. But as for your closing thought, I’m gonna stick to my guns that he benefits more from the WR corps you have than the WRs do from him. We can agree to disagree. That’s fine. These boards are for open dialogue as such.
Btw, what’s the longest FG that kid has kicked this year? He was amazing in 8th grade last year. Granted it was off a block but still. A lot of talent for that young man. Now I will say that boy has a future on sundays barring something crazy
UK1 Wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, meet BOCO fans at their finest. You compliment their players their talent and their system and even agree with them and this is their response.

Insult a whole fanbase.......who is your team and I'll dig up some posters that will make you proud.
64black&gold Wrote:Insult a whole fanbase.......who is your team and I'll dig up some posters that will make you proud.

My team is Kentucky country day!!! Find someone....... Smile
....in this thread you will find some of what's wrong with message boards like these. There is a lot here.

And I'm going to hold my tongue and do my very best to stay away from it moving forward.
Shy of one comment that he maybe over generalized what would that be? The rest seems to be honest, civil, open discussion. Unless I missed something that was deleted
Pages: 1 2 3