Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 40 Lexington Catholic 14
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I'm not sure what a self preservation class would entail. If it's anything like a class on humility, then I would agree. I'll bet you could fill a classroom with Boyle fans. 😄

Class - don't run the score up. We probably didn't do this it was probably more....don't show them anything else.

Self preservation - we've been injury plagued and wanted to get thru this game in as good a shape as possible.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I was expecting Boyle County to put a running clock on Lexington Catholic and score more than 40 points. DeSales is not known for its offense but managed to score 38 against the leaky LC defense and Highlands scored 44 against them. Still, holding LC to only 14 points was impressive.

I can understand that thought.

Except 40 to 14 is pretty good considering it was 44-27 vs HHS.

Boyle's defense played really well. The offense, maybe should have had more points. But the Rebel's main offensive weapon, Reese Smith, is still playing WR with a cast on one hand. Still had a couple of catches and a TD.

The calling was very vanilla in the 2nd half as it seemed the staff wanted to secure the win and just get home healthy. It's not the first time a Chuck Smith team did that.

I still don't think Boyle has played their best game that's in them this year but the first half was pretty close to being it. 33-7 is pretty impressive at LC early in the 4th Quarter.

So is 319 yards rushing and 158 in the air.
Hatz Wrote:I can understand that thought.

Boyle's defense played really well. The offense, maybe should have had more points. But the Rebel's main offensive weapon, Reese Smith, is still playing WR with a cast on one hand. Still had a couple of catches and a TD.

The calling was very vanilla in the 2nd half as it seemed the staff wanted to secure the win and just get home healthy. It's not the first time a Chuck Smith team did that.

I still don't think Boyle has played their best game that's in them this year but the first half was pretty close to being it. 33-7 is pretty impressive at LC early in the 4th Quarter.

That's a lot of yards considering how passive the play calling was after halftime.
FoSho Wrote:You know we are only giving up like 70 yards a game on the ground, right? We blitzed all night vs LexCath to attack QB who has been averaging around 300 yards a game (their rushing game had been suspect). We sacked him 5/6 times? Held them to under 100 yards passing. QB had a long broken play run for 50 and their RB broke one for over 60. They didn't have sustained drives at all.

We'll be ready for Belfry to run the ball. You can count on that.
We shall see more than likely. It should be a great ball game. I wish it was closer because I don’t see ours being as good.
FoSho Wrote:You know we are only giving up like 70 yards a game on the ground, right? We blitzed all night vs LexCath to attack QB who has been averaging around 300 yards a game (their rushing game had been suspect). We sacked him 5/6 times? Held them to under 100 yards passing. QB had a long broken play run for 50 and their RB broke one for over 60. They didn't have sustained drives at all.

We'll be ready for Belfry to run the ball. You can count on that.

And Belfry will be ready to defend the pass. You can count on that to. If this game happens, we might lose but it wont be as bad as most on here are acting like it will be. Not sure why we keep coming up on threads that dont concern us anyway. Congrats to Boyle on an impressive win. Belfry shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread and take away from the nice game that yall played. But hopefully we do meet down the road for a fine football game.
Hatz Wrote:I can understand that thought.

I think it’s a pretty solid win. I’ve thought all along lex cath was over hyped but still a good team. And to go there and hold them to 14 is got to be reassuring for your defense. People will always criticize. Hell we had 7 less points than that score against bell and people were hating haha. Now that I have seen both lex cath and bell play I think bell would beat them, but I’d love to see that matchup. Unfortunately i highly doubt it’ll come this year. Both would have a very tough road and would have to beat their district champs (us and you) to do it. On top of belfry. The other side of our region isn’t very good. Good luck to ya in the next couple of weeks. Hope they heal up. Our WR is starting to practice again as well so hopefully we’ll be 100% come playoffs. God willing!! Who do you all have left on the schedule?
#55PirateFan Wrote:And Belfry will be ready to defend the pass. You can count on that to. If this game happens, we might lose but it wont be as bad as most on here are acting like it will be. Not sure why we keep coming up on threads that dont concern us anyway. Congrats to Boyle on an impressive win. Belfry shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread and take away from the nice game that yall played. But hopefully we do meet down the road for a fine football game.

Is destiny. Preordained haha. I was the one who brought them up, in relation to the run defense.

But I am with you on it def WONT be a blowout by any means. Good luck to all. Hunger games is on so, “may the odds be forever in your favor
Hound05 Wrote:Is destiny. Preordained haha. I was the one who brought them up, in relation to the run defense.

But I am with you on it def WONT be a blowout by any means. Good luck to all. Hunger games is on so, “may the odds be forever in your favor

No worries my friend. I just see alot saying Boyle cant be stopped and this and that. But home field advantage does play a part in these type of games. They may light us up in the pass game, then again they may not. But I will say this, they will not stop our run game for four quarters either. I think itll be a high scoring game with a 7-10 point win going either way. But that's just my opinion.
#55PirateFan Wrote:And Belfry will be ready to defend the pass. You can count on that to. If this game happens, we might lose but it wont be as bad as most on here are acting like it will be. Not sure why we keep coming up on threads that dont concern us anyway. Congrats to Boyle on an impressive win. Belfry shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread and take away from the nice game that yall played. But hopefully we do meet down the road for a fine football game.

You'll have to ask 99PIRATEFAN why he brought Belfrys name up in a Boyle Co thread. I was wondering the same thing but gave him the benefit of the doubt because maybe he felt it was relevant to the discussion?!?!

My only point was (again, after he brought Belfry into the conversation) is that I've heard from Belfry fans say how their pass D had to improve. I can tell you with 100% certainty that it better be on point or LexCath & Boyle Co are going to shock you with how well they throw the ball. The big difference in the two teams is that Boyle Co is balanced with the run/pass and LC is heavy pass.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No worries my friend. I just see alot saying Boyle cant be stopped and this and that. But home field advantage does play a part in these type of games. They may light us up in the pass game, then again they may not. But I will say this, they will not stop our run game for four quarters either. I think itll be a high scoring game with a 7-10 point win going either way. But that's just my opinion.

Dude....you guys got a great program and team. You're in a Boyle Co thread and other (Corbin/Belfry) fans come in and the discussion naturally grows into something else.

Whoever wins the playoff game (if we both handle business prior) will have earned it.
Hound05 Wrote:I think it’s a pretty solid win. I’ve thought all along lex cath was over hyped but still a good team. And to go there and hold them to 14 is got to be reassuring for your defense. People will always criticize. Hell we had 7 less points than that score against bell and people were hating haha. Now that I have seen both lex cath and bell play I think bell would beat them, but I’d love to see that matchup. Unfortunately i highly doubt it’ll come this year. Both would have a very tough road and would have to beat their district champs (us and you) to do it. On top of belfry. The other side of our region isn’t very good. Good luck to ya in the next couple of weeks. Hope they heal up. Our WR is starting to practice again as well so hopefully we’ll be 100% come playoffs. God willing!! Who do you all have left on the schedule?

@ Western Hills
vs Mercer Co
I love to see Lex Cath lose! But the Boyle County posters in here are some tools!
FCSPY Wrote:I love to see Lex Cath lose! But the Boyle County posters in here are some tools!

Watch what you say about Hatz and Jack, they're not bad guys.

On a side note, how many Varsity players you guys bringing to BCHS for this years JV game? TIA

😜
FoSho Wrote:Dude....you guys got a great program and team. You're in a Boyle Co thread and other (Corbin/Belfry) fans come in and the discussion naturally grows into something else.

Whoever wins the playoff game (if we both handle business prior) will have earned it.

Hahaha! Your right big guy. I was about half asleep last night from a long day at work and being told this Friday night will be the last one I'll get to see my boy play the rest of the year and was a little cranky. I'm already going to miss his entire senior year. So one more game will be all I ever get to see him play in his high school career. SUCKS! But, no more Belfry talk on a Boyle thread from this ol man. Hopefully both teams make it and play a classic game. Good luck to the Rebs the rest of the way, not that theyll need it. Lol! You guys have a great team.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hahaha! Your right big guy. I was about half asleep last night from a long day at work and being told this Friday night will be the last one I'll get to see my boy play the rest of the year and was a little cranky. I'm already going to miss his entire senior year. So one more game will be all I ever get to see him play in his high school career. SUCKS! But, no more Belfry talk on a Boyle thread from this ol man. Hopefully both teams make it and play a classic game. Good luck to the Rebs the rest of the way, not that theyll need it. Lol! You guys have a great team.

Man....I'm not sure what you do but I'm certainly sad to hear that you won't be able to be around in Friday nights to watch your kid? I couldn't imagine that.

God Bless you and your family. ☹️👎🏻
FoSho Wrote:Man....I'm not sure what you do but I'm certainly sad to hear that you won't be able to be around in Friday nights to watch your kid? I couldn't imagine that.

God Bless you and your family. ☹️👎🏻

Thanks my good friend. Me and my family appreciate that. But it comes with the job brother. Duty calls and it's my turn again to go back to the desert. We really do appreciate the prayers ol buddy.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Thanks my good friend. Me and my family appreciate that. But it comes with the job brother. Duty calls and it's my turn again to go back to the desert. We really do appreciate the prayers ol buddy.

I know you gots lots of "family" in your football community that will be there for real family while you are away. I will pray for you all and I wish nothing but the best for you guys.

Thank you for your service. Be safe.
FoSho Wrote:I know you gots lots of "family" in your football community that will be there for real family while you are away. I will pray for you all and I wish nothing but the best for you guys.

Thank you for your service. Be safe.

Thanks man. Means alot.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Thanks my good friend. Me and my family appreciate that. But it comes with the job brother. Duty calls and it's my turn again to go back to the desert. We really do appreciate the prayers ol buddy.

Just like FoSho prayers for you and your family, and thanks for your service.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Just like FoSho prayers for you and your family, and thanks for your service.

Thanks brother.
55 Pirate Fan serves in the military and can you imagine being unable to watch your son play? But his love for his country is amazing and our hats off to him and we are thankful in the Belfry family to have such a committed person who has our backs so we can enjoy our freedoms.
bucslover68 Wrote:55 Pirate Fan serves in the military and can you imagine being unable to watch your son play? But his love for his country is amazing and our hats off to him and we are thankful in the Belfry family to have such a committed person who has our backs so we can enjoy our freedoms.

Well said. Hey 55 I’m gonna PM you. Check it
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I'm not sure what a self preservation class would entail. If it's anything like a class on humility, then I would agree. I'll bet you could fill a classroom with Boyle fans. 😄

I know many many Boyle fans who are the nicest people you will ever meet.
The Boyle defense was great, doing exactly what they had to do. The offensive line dominated. Reed Lanter had a very good game in the battle of top QB's. Boyle did get a little conservative in the last half, but winning the game is more important than trying to put up huge numbers that sometimes can backfire in a shootout type of game. Having most of the injured players back was a real key to the dominant win. A good step forward toward the playoffs.