Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 40 Lexington Catholic 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Roll on Rebels. Next !
Congrats to Boyle
Congrats Boyle, nice win. Rebels continue to roll!
Boyle was better all over the field in every position.
Congratulations Boyle County :Clap: We are waiting for some Unfinished Business we have a planned...................I think Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Boyle County :Clap: We are waiting for some Unfinished Business we have a planned...................I think Confusednicker:

You better be. 😜
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Boyle County :Clap: We are waiting for some Unfinished Business we have a planned...................I think Confusednicker:

I watched them tonight online at this point they are the class of 3A but there’s still six weeks before Belfry has to play or seven for Corbin but right now I think there better than the rest but like Coach Haywood says if we just get a little better each week we’ll get there
Boyle still must stay healthy. Looked to be moving that direction again but really hoping the injury bug has moved on.
This game went about how I figured.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I watched them tonight online at this point they are the class of 3A but there’s still six weeks before Belfry has to play or seven for Corbin but right now I think there better than the rest but like Coach Haywood says if we just get a little better each week we’ll get there

We've been plagued with injuries for several weeks and had nearly everyone back at practice this week. We totally dominated LexCath....at halftime they were 2-12 passing for 27 yards. They ended up rushing the ball for over 200 yards (don't know exact numbers) but that was merely because of our focus on stopping the pass and defensive scheme.

Belfry will have to greatly improve their pass defense or you won't have to worry about playing Boyle Co at all.

The Rebels will continue to improve but considering where we were just a couple weeks ago with kids out........I'm thrilled with where we are now.
Great win Boyle. Congratulations. I watched the game on TV (via the Prepspin website with my PC connected to my TV). I couldn't believe how much the announcers favored Catholic. At one time after a Catholic first down, one announcer said "that's the way to go". But I guess it doesn't matter - that can't change the game's outcome.
Good job Rebels, Boyle did what they wanted to on offense and played a 3 man front most of the night on defense and gave up some rushing yds, but shut Catholic’s passing game down was glad to see most of the players back from injuries for the most part they looked like a well oiled machine last night.
Not trying to hijack this thread but I’d heard that the Smith kid got hurt last night and was hoping some of the Boyle fans would pass along well wishes to him from an old RedHound, hate to hear it, he is a tremendous athlete and I’ll be praying for a speedy return to the sideline for him!!

Congratulations on the win!!!
chs crazy Wrote:Not trying to hijack this thread but I’d heard that the Smith kid got hurt last night and was hoping some of the Boyle fans would pass along well wishes to him from an old RedHound, hate to hear it, he is a tremendous athlete and I’ll be praying for a speedy return to the sideline for him!!

Smith returned from injury last night and had a pretty good return after a couple weeks out. Had around 50 yards rushing and a 65 yard TD reception. Wasn't quite himself with that cast on but it's just a matter of time before he's 100%.

He did not get hurt again last night but he did get an offer from UK this morning.

😎
chs crazy Wrote:Not trying to hijack this thread but I’d heard that the Smith kid got hurt last night and was hoping some of the Boyle fans would pass along well wishes to him from an old RedHound, hate to hear it, he is a tremendous athlete and I’ll be praying for a speedy return to the sideline for him!!

I just talked to reese smiths dad. reese did not get hurt last night. he good to go
FoSho Wrote:Smith returned from injury last night and had a pretty good return after a couple weeks out. Had around 50 yards rushing and a 65 yard TD reception. Wasn't quite himself with that cast on but it's just a matter of time before he's 100%.

He did not get hurt again last night but he did get an offer from UK this morning.

😎

Seems I got some bad info had a PM this morning from a lex cath dad stating he’d gotten hurt. Glad to hear that’s not the case good luck going forward!! Congrats on the offer it’s overdue!
I'll be honest, I don't see anyone in 3a playing within 2 touchdowns of Boyle.
If Boyle gets healthy it is lights out
FoSho Wrote:We've been plagued with injuries for several weeks and had nearly everyone back at practice this week. We totally dominated LexCath....at halftime they were 2-12 passing for 27 yards. They ended up rushing the ball for over 200 yards (don't know exact numbers) but that was merely because of our focus on stopping the pass and defensive scheme.

Belfry will have to greatly improve their pass defense or you won't have to worry about playing Boyle Co at all.

The Rebels will continue to improve but considering where we were just a couple weeks ago with kids out........I'm thrilled with where we are now.

I don’t mean this to favor either team because I don’t care who wins between you. But just as belfry will have to improve their pass D, Boyle will have to prove their rush D. Because belfry is like a fine tuned motor running that damn option. Both teams got great coaches though. So it should be a good close game if they meet at the pond.
I was expecting Boyle County to put a running clock on Lexington Catholic and score more than 40 points. DeSales is not known for its offense but managed to score 38 against the leaky LC defense and Highlands scored 44 against them. Still, holding LC to only 14 points was impressive.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I was expecting Boyle County to put a running clock on Lexington Catholic and score more than 40 points. DeSales is not known for its offense but managed to score 38 against the leaky LC defense and Highlands scored 44 against them. Still, holding LC to only 14 points was impressive.

We had 27 points at the half and 140 yards passing. We went very vanilla in the second to run the clock out. Only threw it a few times. We could have scored more.
Hound05 Wrote:I don’t mean this to favor either team because I don’t care who wins between you. But just as belfry will have to improve their pass D, Boyle will have to prove their rush D. Because belfry is like a fine tuned motor running that damn option. Both teams got great coaches though. So it should be a good close game if they meet at the pond.

You know we are only giving up like 70 yards a game on the ground, right? We blitzed all night vs LexCath to attack QB who has been averaging around 300 yards a game (their rushing game had been suspect). We sacked him 5/6 times? Held them to under 100 yards passing. QB had a long broken play run for 50 and their RB broke one for over 60. They didn't have sustained drives at all.

We'll be ready for Belfry to run the ball. You can count on that.
FoSho Wrote:We had 27 points at the half and 140 yards passing. We went very vanilla in the second to run the clock out. Only threw it a few times. We could have scored more.
With all of the boasting in the pre-game thread, I was just expecting a more dominating performance by BC. That's all.
Boyle dominates the game from start to finish gives up some rushing yds because of a 3 man front to take their passing game away, goes conservative in the second half because Catholic couldn’t stop the run, scores 40 points and has a touchdown called back held Catholic to a season low in points, but still gets criticized.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle dominates the game from start to finish gives up some rushing yds because of a 3 man front to take their passing game away, goes conservative in the second half because Catholic couldn’t stop the run, scores 40 points and has a touchdown called back held Catholic to a season low in points, but still gets criticized.
I didn't criticize the team or the coaches.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I didn't criticize the team or the coaches.

Ok I guess they just disappointed you, everybody’s entitled to their opinion.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Ok I guess they just disappointed you, everybody’s entitled to their opinion.
No, they didn't disappoint me either. They just didn't live up to the pre-game boasting. That's not on the coaches or the team.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, they didn't disappoint me either. They just didn't live up to the pre-game boasting. That's not on the coaches or the team.

We certainly did for one half and that was enough to totally dominate the game. I guess I should take class and self preservation into account before predicting outcomes.

🙄
FoSho Wrote:We certainly did for one half and that was enough to totally dominate the game. I guess I should take class and self preservation into account before predicting outcomes.

🙄
I'm not sure what a self preservation class would entail. If it's anything like a class on humility, then I would agree. I'll bet you could fill a classroom with Boyle fans. 😄
Pages: 1 2