Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson County 59 Clay County 58
Blitzz Wrote:If you can bring back all the talent that Gray has ran off over the last 2 years and combine them with the all the kids that is on the team now Clay could be top to bottom as good as any team in the region.

Have heard that if he stays all the ones he is ruining this year may not be back either.
I hate to break everyone's heart but Marcum won't be back.......to a lot it looks like he just resigned when he lost a lot of talent and everything was mutual.....but in reality he was forced out.......everyone knew last year would be a down year for Clay........so Marcum was forced into a decision.....if he stays and has the season that Glenn had then he is fired...or resign and everybody looks good.......but it's so funny that Glenn has that season and people are like coach of the year in the region.....REALLY........this group of freshman are good and talented.....and with a good coach I think could do really good....but with the people that have the power that are in place.......Glenn is there for the long run....unless he truly wants to resign on his on.....but he will not be forced out like Marcum was....I can assure you of that.
It wouldn’t surprise me. I think there has been 3-4 kids that have left the team since summer? Two of the kids are playing at other schools. The transfer from Jackson has quit twice now and he was the only junior on the team. I think they have three seniors and only one of them gets to play any. This weeding out process has been going on for years. I hate hearing how we are a young team because we are only young because he has chosen to run off a selected group of kids because they didn’t fit into his grand scheme.
I think Gray will have a lot of success in the near future. People just need a little patience.
Marcum was a better coach .
Marcum is a better coach
Congrats to Jackson County.
If Clay County weren't that talented, a rival school wouldn't be after a kid that hardly plays.

If things stay on course the only Clay County kids who can say they've played in Rupp are the ones who transferred out. Have heard rumblings about three different kids from various places already.
Yes...with in 2yrs clay will be more talent n a dangerous team for any match up
Otterbox Wrote:I think Gray will have a lot of success in the near future. People just need a little patience.

Welcome to BGR (noticed that this was one of your first posts).

Out of curiosity, what are you basing your opinion that he will have a lot of success in the near future on?
They might have inside information that Gray is going to resign from high school and get a head coaching job at one of the largest grade schools in the county?
Blitzz Wrote:They might have inside information that Gray is going to resign from high school and get a head coaching job at one of the largest grade schools in the county?

Anything's possible.
Blitzz Wrote:It wouldn’t surprise me. I think there has been 3-4 kids that have left the team since summer? Two of the kids are playing at other schools. The transfer from Jackson has quit twice now and he was the only junior on the team. I think they have three seniors and only one of them gets to play any. This weeding out process has been going on for years. I hate hearing how we are a young team because we are only young because he has chosen to run off a selected group of kids because they didn’t fit into his grand scheme.

Every programs weeds out players. You'd have 8-10 seniors every year if that didn't happen.
Some from Clay seem mad that the seniors didn't play enough, both those who left and those who are still around, but most seemed to think the younger players were better.
It’s more like most from Clay are mad because they have a coach that discriminates against all age groups and doesn’t give certain kids an opportunity to compete while some people seem to think it’s ok for him to continue lying out of both sides of his mouth.
Tigers have fallen. Why? From the games I watched, TEAM ME, selfish Basketball. I'm going to get more points than you, no i'm going to get more points than you. Players get tired, nothing wrong with that, get out of the game take a minute, come back refreshed. NOPE instead slack on defense and for a breathe, and give the other team points. SELFISH basketball. A big man getting double double at 1st of season, one of best in 13th region, all of the sudden that's gone, selfish basketball is not good basketball. UHMmm sounds like a coaching problem to me. Coaching is a hard job, but with as many assistants as clay has should help a lot, but all everyone sees is seats being taken away from player, no where to sit, need to thin or replace the assistant herd. Coach very good elementary and middle school coach, high school naaaa. Question: what defense is it that you leave a three-point shooter open every other time down the court? If not playing defense sit them on the bench (if not occupied by assistants) sit them down they will play better. Get a hold of the team before its too late, probably is already, time for a good change. Fan base way down, sad to see Clay fans fall so far. Politics don't need to be at Tigers den keep it away. Parents dial a friend not the coach after every game. I say time for a change very talented group o young men, could go far, but not that way. Perry Central has a former Tiger that's making a name for him self, maybe just maybe. GO TIGERS
Maybe if the powers that be would get down on their knees and repent of their wicked ways.......then maybe Marcum would come back to lead this group of youngsters.
Tom Brady

Jan Brady

Wayne Brady

Whitney Houston from The Bodyguard

Whitney Houston's bodyguard from The Bodyguard

Don't matter who... just not what's going on now.
What is going to be considered a "success" for Clay County at OBI tomorrow night? I'll take just not getting beaten as a moral victory and anything over a 10 or 12 point win as a positive.
If Clay will defend the 3 and give the ball to Rodgers then they shouldn't have a problem with OBI. However I'm going to say they continue to play selfish and play no defense and win by a few points.
cchsfan4life Wrote:If Clay will defend the 3 and give the ball to Rodgers then they shouldn't have a problem with OBI. However I'm going to say they continue to play selfish and play no defense and win by a few points.

They need to be taught to play defense correctly and put in position to succeed. That starts at the top. Well coached teams take pride defensively and want to share the ball and play for each other.
Snack69 Wrote:Tigers have fallen. Why? From the games I watched, TEAM ME, selfish Basketball. I'm going to get more points than you, no i'm going to get more points than you. Players get tired, nothing wrong with that, get out of the game take a minute, come back refreshed. NOPE instead slack on defense and for a breathe, and give the other team points. SELFISH basketball. A big man getting double double at 1st of season, one of best in 13th region, all of the sudden that's gone, selfish basketball is not good basketball. UHMmm sounds like a coaching problem to me. Coaching is a hard job, but with as many assistants as clay has should help a lot, but all everyone sees is seats being taken away from player, no where to sit, need to thin or replace the assistant herd. Coach very good elementary and middle school coach, high school naaaa. Question: what defense is it that you leave a three-point shooter open every other time down the court? If not playing defense sit them on the bench (if not occupied by assistants) sit them down they will play better. Get a hold of the team before its too late, probably is already, time for a good change. Fan base way down, sad to see Clay fans fall so far. Politics don't need to be at Tigers den keep it away. Parents dial a friend not the coach after every game. I say time for a change very talented group o young men, could go far, but not that way. Perry Central has a former Tiger that's making a name for him self, maybe just maybe. GO TIGERS

GREATEST post of all time...I thought I was the only one that thinks CC has a lot of coaches...:rockon:
Bobbie Keith has left the building. Clay is not that kind of program anymore.
E's Army Wrote:Bobbie Keith has left the building. Clay is not that kind of program anymore.

Clay County is still one of the larger schools in the 13th, has great facilities, has tradition, is still a "basketball school", and gets a lot of support from the community. There's a lot of middle ground between replicating the great success Keith had and barely squeaking by Redbird and Oneida Baptist Institute, being dominated in a district game by a North Laurel team that has been rated as the 3rd to 6th best squad in the region most of the year, etc.

It's not like Clay County has: played some brutal schedule that's left them with this record (the schedule is usually stronger) or had injuries that you just can't plan for (i.e., a kid you were counting on to play a major role tearing his ACL in the second game of the year).

Certainly, it is not the Clay County of the 80's and early 90's. I think most around the program know and realize that, however, that does not mean that it is still unreal that they expect things like:

- Having a winning season

- Dominating record in district play

- Go into the regional tournament with at least a puncher's chance of winning in down years and a favorite in "up years"

- Be well coached and play disciplined, fundamentally sound basketball

- Have the program heading in a good direction for "up years"

Last year, the sunshine pumpers were saying that it would be a "rebuilding year". Now this year is also being billed as a "rebuilding year". Nothing about the play this year has inspired confidence for next year or that Glenn is guy to right the ship and correct course. Don't think he's a bad person or anything, just probably not the right coach for the pressure cooker that is Clay County basketball. The year has been defined by horrible defensive game plans, offense that is capable but has been allowed to lapse and has reinforced bad habits, and what the trained eye may infer as "chemistry" issues, etc.

If some of the things I am hearing are true (players leaving after the season), then it will truly show how far this team has fallen-- heck, that it's even a possibility that kids want to leave Clay County (when, let's be real, it has typically been the reverse) evidences that.

Lots of economic, social, and cultural factors may prevent Clay County from being what they were in the late 80's and early 90's for a span of such dominance-- I will give you that. It is hard to see a school anywhere these days stringing off a run of seven consecutive regional titles as Clay County did at one point. It would be hard for a mountain school to have a run like Clay County did from around 1983 to 1992 [maybe the best ten year clip for a mountain program in the history of Kentucky High School Basketball considering that it produced a State Title ('87), two Runner-Ups ('84 and '88), and a Final Four ('92) and they could have conceivably won it in each of those, not to mention being eliminated by the eventual champion in '86, going in undefeated and ranked #1 in '90 before being upset, etc.]. The point of the history mentioned above being that, seeing a run from a mountain team the way that Clay County did it at the time is unlikely for any school in the mountains. Clay County did it once, and I don't know if there's a mountain school has even been close to doing it like that a first time, much less being able to sustain that today. So yes, Clay County today is going to be less dominant than the Clay County of old, but so would practically any other team in regions 13 through 16 that you could pick to compare them to.