Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson County 59 Clay County 58
Final
What happen tonight with the tigers ?? Is this season already over for the tigers or cam they rebound back where they where at the beginning of the season ?? Could it be a long post season for coach Gray n push him out ??
I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is Glenn's last year. I'm hearing a old coach may be wanting to get back into coaching at Clay.
Is it inconceivable that Jackson County just has a nice team this year? I’m not from JC but i have seen them play . They can play
Conductor Wrote:Is it inconceivable that Jackson County just has a nice team this year? I’m not from JC but i have seen them play . They can play

They are like Clay, an average 13th region team. Neither can beat the top teams in the region.
JayTiger Wrote:What happen tonight with the tigers ?? Is this season already over for the tigers or cam they rebound back where they where at the beginning of the season ?? Could it be a long post season for coach Gray n push him out ??

I saw Harlan County beat them pretty convincingly in the panorama. They are probably just as good now. Jackson played them down to the wire last year and had more people back. I doubt it's even an upset.
Everyone knew Clay would be a little down the last couple of years. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to step down when the team should be better next year, but stranger things have happened.
Can’t believe Clay is this bad !!!
That's the question... Is Clay this bad or is just bad coaching ??? Don't see much fire on the side line with the coaching staff. See a players getting majority of playing time and wanting to be their star but it's not happening at all.. The freshman class is stepping up big and should be getting more playing time as I see it but seems the side line is wanting to satisfy parents more than winning but if the history stays with CC nation then the big W's means more than playing politics n political play. But I wouldn't be surprise at all of coach Gray steps down next yr at all even if doesn't want to it could be a force out or just simple as getting fired because they want a coach that can win n not only win but with these next couple of yrs n groups coming in its time to look at the future of not only winning but making a run for the state Title.
Conductor Wrote:Is it inconceivable that Jackson County just has a nice team this year? I’m not from JC but i have seen them play . They can play

HCS Wrote:I saw Harlan County beat them pretty convincingly in the panorama. They are probably just as good now. Jackson played them down to the wire last year and had more people back. I doubt it's even an upset.
Everyone knew Clay would be a little down the last couple of years. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to step down when the team should be better next year, but stranger things have happened.

I think it's far more conceivable that Glenn is just not a very good coach. What has he ever won in his years at Clay County? Funny how they are always "down" or "rebuilding" when he is coaching. Just in over his head.

If he doesn't "step down", then the folks back home may have a mutiny. No need for him to run a promising class into the ground another year when they could be developing better under practically anyone else. If he doesn't "step down", don't be surprised if the future doesn't look as promising when some of the players aren't playing for Clay County any more.
basketball101 Wrote:Can’t believe Clay is this bad !!!

You should hear some of the excuses from the apologists in the local paper. Red Bird is "no longer a walk in the park" and a six win Whitley County is "snake-bitten".

Can't wait to hear what they say about Jackson County and Pickett County, TN.

Knox Central is probably going to be billed as the 12-seed capable of upsetting the 5 in the NCAA Tournament's West Region by Valentine's Day.
It’s obvious this is more difficult than elementary school basketball. Do the right thing before any more damage is done.
Robert won the WYMT his first year before going to 5 Region Finals. The people with power should’ve never let it happen. I like both men but it was a no brainer as far as coaching.
Is it certain that Clay County vs. Jackson Country is a first round district pairing? OBI beat Redbird tonight and I honestly don't know if it's a given that Clay beats either, so maybe losing to one of them in the opening round of District play is the wuickest way to get rid of Glenn so Clay County fans can wake up next year and just pretend that this past season was all just a bad dream.
Right now, Jackson and Clay are both 4-3 in district, OBI is 2-4. OBI hosts Jackson Monday and Clay Thursday. If they win both those games, then all three would be 4-4 and it would be tiebreaker time. But if they lose either game, then Clay-Jackson will meet for sure in first district game.
Clay actually played pretty good game against Pickett Co Tenn yesterday at Clinton Co. Eventually losing by 10. Pickett Co is 17-6 on the season and usually rated fairly high in Class 1A. Guess thats how far Clay has dropped though when you realize Pickett Co is 1A with an enrollment of around 200.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Clay actually played pretty good game against Pickett Co Tenn yesterday at Clinton Co. Eventually losing by 10. Pickett Co is 17-6 on the season and usually rated fairly high in Class 1A. Guess thats how far Clay has dropped though when you realize Pickett Co is 1A with an enrollment of around 200.

How many times in the 2nd half did the Pickett County kids hit an uncontested or lightly contested three from the same spot on the wing? That is coaching.
Van Hagar Wrote:Right now, Jackson and Clay are both 4-3 in district, OBI is 2-4. OBI hosts Jackson Monday and Clay Thursday. If they win both those games, then all three would be 4-4 and it would be tiebreaker time. But if they lose either game, then Clay-Jackson will meet for sure in first district game.

I can remember when folks in Clay County were just worried that North Laurel would play them close or beat them. I think that those North teams had more talent than this year's as well. Now, it looks like playing within 20 is something to hang our hat on.
I saw them shoot plenty of open 3s in the 1st half too...and Glenn was supposedly the defensive expert when Marcum was the head coach!
Clay County often plays a sag off zone against shooting teams...
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:I can remember when folks in Clay County were just worried that North Laurel would play them close or beat them. I think that those North teams had more talent than this year's as well. Now, it looks like playing within 20 is something to hang our hat on.

Exactly, the Tigers are helping this North team look better. They’re good but they’ve had better teams. This is a weak region and that’s makes it even more painful. I can think of 10 teams in the last 6-7 years better than Knox Central, Corbin, etc this season.
UKCC Wrote:Clay County often plays a sag off zone against shooting teams...

That Floyd Central game was painful.
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:That Floyd Central game was painful.

Perfect example, Whitley County the same way. I finally asked a player, “Are you all literally leaving a shooter open on purpose?” That “they won’t hit them all night” mentality. After 5-6 3’s drop it’s time to move up.
I recall Laurel county people bragging on clays coach so much that he got the coach of the year, do you all remember? Glenn is a great coach just give him a few more years and he will have big clay back at rupp. Don’t get excited clay co faithful just have faith in him. You guys will be fine.
Leader Wrote:I recall Laurel county people bragging on clays coach so much that he got the coach of the year, do you all remember? Glenn is a great coach just give him a few more years and he will have big clay back at rupp. Don’t get excited clay co faithful just have faith in him. You guys will be fine.

Hahaha.... I'm sure the Laurel County schools would love Clay County to keep Glenn. He's never won anything-- either during his first or second tenure.
Coach of the year Joker! That’s all that matters to some. Look at Corbin. I hope the kid gets his scoring record. Can’t believe they let him play. Well sorry I can. Lol
Leader Wrote:Coach of the year Joker! That’s all that matters to some. Look at Corbin. I hope the kid gets his scoring record. Can’t believe they let him play. Well sorry I can. Lol

Corbin stopped surprising me long ago... kinda like I might be saying about the Clay County Boy's Basketball program in 10 years if it stays on this path.
I'm just hoping they ain't two many burned bridges between coach Marcum n the clay county school board and he will except their request n come back to CC nation n take this talent back to the promise land..if coach Marcum comes back to clay the 13th region better look out because clay diffently has the talent n more coming in. If the 13th region thought Robert did good his past five yrs then just wait n see what he will execute in his next five with this talent that clay is going to have..If clay wants a promising in the next future then Glenn needs to move on and Robert comes back.
So are you saying that the talent that Clay has coming up is better than McDaniel, Smith, Farmer, and those teams that Marcum previously had at Clay?
lou Wrote:So are you saying that the talent that Clay has coming up is better than McDaniel, Smith, Farmer, and those teams that Marcum previously had at Clay?

I'm just saying if Glenn stays, no one will never find out.
If you can bring back all the talent that Gray has ran off over the last 2 years and combine them with the all the kids that is on the team now Clay could be top to bottom as good as any team in the region.