Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turner from Jackson City to Perry Central?
“Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity contest in any sport at any school while maintaining permanent residence in the United States or a United States territory following enrollment in grade nine (9) and who then transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics at any level in any sport for one year from the date of last participation in varsity interscholastic athletics.”
Huggy_Bear Wrote:“Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity contest in any sport at any school while maintaining permanent residence in the United States or a United States territory following enrollment in grade nine (9) and who then transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics at any level in any sport for one year from the date of last participation in varsity interscholastic athletics.”

This.

The rule goes on to list a few exceptions.

So either the kid is one of the exceptions (change of residence, parents divorced, change of custody, etc.), or the courts have blocked the KHSAA from preventing him to play. I doubt the ladder because that takes too much time.

Perry's coaching staff would be very negligent to just put a player on the floor who transferred in without dotting their i's and crossing their t's.
That is the rule. Has nothing to do with Perry Central. 1 of two lines signed. Confirm change of address and it is quick process. Maybe a week. Or, Jackson signed the line of no participation. Either way when sending school doesn’t fight it they can be eligible very quick. PCC is under no obligation and can not get in any trouble with what Jackson signs off on. I would have thought some of you would have known that. The ones that take long are contested by sending schools.
His father was the coach for Jackson City’s baseball team and just walked out on that whole team. Just not the right way to do things in my opinion. If he wanted to go to PCC why didn’t he go at the start of the school year? I’m sure PCC would have taken him then.
So, to me, as I read this, that means he couldn’t play until the following season? Cause he didn’t move from Canada..lol
Reds#1Fan Wrote:His father was the coach for Jackson City’s baseball team and just walked out on that whole team. Just not the right way to do things in my opinion. If he wanted to go to PCC why didn’t he go at the start of the school year? I’m sure PCC would have taken him then.

Does it make it right if the board fires him? He resigned months ago and they’ve had plenty of time to hire a baseball coach. He is still coaching the middle school basketball team. Still loyal it seems to the younger Class in jackson.
If Stone went to Powell they would still lose. Powell, Wolfe & Estill are just pretenders. None of those schools are gonna win the region. Commodore Cam is a scoring machine so this makes PCC the favorites to go to Rupp. You guys should just stop whining no rules have been broken here and Coach Turner has been very loyal to JCS. He owes them nothing
Ironically comparing hypothetical stone transfer to this situation is not apples to apples. Stone lives in Powell THUS he could not have a legitimate change in address ( whatever that means these days).. he would have to sit out abyear regardless. It is my understanding that transferring in the middle of the year is irrelevant but wow , what a precendent . I could see kids in last third of year renting a apartment hereby establishing change of address to form dream teams at one of the “ open for business “ schools. Sounds like something went sour at JC. I just don’t see the point in moving. You basically say i can’t find a way to beat my opponents , so I’ll just join their team and that will make me happy . Lol.
roundballer Wrote:So, to me, as I read this, that means he couldn’t play until the following season? Cause he didn’t move from Canada..lol

No.
Read the whole thing here.
https://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/20142015/bylaw6.pdf
Post a copy of the transfer form and read it. Rules are correct and transfer form has a couple ways to lie around it. Make no mistake 80% of the transfers are a lie. Plainly states can not move or transfer for athletic purposes. That is a low number.
but they now live in perry county. and about stone, the stink should have been made when he went to wolfe and lives in powell and if he transferred now and wolfe didn't sign off then he would have to sit out. and if Jackson city coach hadn't signed off on him then he wouldn't be eligible and u can also play on the varsity level and transfer and get eligible somewhere else
My son plays for Letcher and I will say that even though our record isn’t the best and may never be.... we win and lose with OUR own kids and not recruit them from other regions or counties. I had rather my son play for his school and be loyal than jump ship mid-season. That’s the problem with sports and athletes these days. They look for the quick wins and cheap championships rather than earning it through hard work and practice.