Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Turner from Jackson City to Perry Central?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard he switched schools and is already eligible. anybody know anything
Not upset at the kid, upset at the system.

He transferred from Jackson City to win Regional Championships. I have gotten from a VERY good source that, he transferred for more than just Baseball. Now as for his eligibility, Jackson City released him to play. If they had not released him he then would not have been allowed to play. I think that this is a joke and a total abuse of mobility. I would have no problem if this was for academics, or his parent's got a new job, wasn't a fit for the program, etc... But, he left to win Regional Championships, and that's the only reason, period. That was his sole reason. Had to be. Mid-season nonetheless. I would not have a big problem with this, but the fact that he did this mid-season, and went to a top team in the region, is ridiculous. And that the transfer was not per say to Breathitt County, (very close in proximity)... Why was he at Jackson City and not Breathitt anyways? I think something like that should warrant a suspension, when solely based around winning, when it is done in the middle of the season no matter what the previous school's opinion is. They should have some sort of board that could over rule, in this instance, Jackson City. Players have a commitment to their school, and allowing a player to transfer does not fulfill the commitment a player had to the school, fan base, teammates, and coaches. What type of message does this send to other athletes throughout the state? What moral lesson do they learn? If Keita, Bonny, Stone, Caudill, Back, etc, all transferred to the same school mid-season, and all got granted the ability to play do you think that would be fair? Of course it wouldn't be fair. Could KHSAA do anything about it? And then you have to wonder why Perry? Did they in any way recruit, when did they know, what is recruiting, other schools and coaches did not get an opportunity to his services, etc... All of that messy stuff... I'm sure every coach in the Region would want him. In college, in a best case scenario a player couldn't play until the following school year began, no baseball. Not trying to bash the guy, he did not break any rules and he did stay completely in the system, just my thoughts on the system in place, best of luck Cam.
It's a messed up system. When Estill got the transfers from Breathitt and Jackson City, it took them forever to get eligible, a kid, during the middle of the season, transfers to a school not even 30 minutes away and gets eligible immediately. That's messed up.
The transfer process has to take place for every transfer.

No school can just let a kid go somewhere and have him granted immediate eligibility.
I just don’t understand it? If I was a coach in the 14th, I’d definitely be asking some questions! I mean it’s mid season, he had played in several Varsity games with Jackson City..I thought the rules plainly state if you play in just one Varsity game, you could not leave that school and play for another school. You wouldn’t be eligible until next season? Could someone please explain that bylaw to me, cause apparently I missed a loop hole
The biggest loop hole is that the KHSAA is a joke. Jackson City is a joke also in my opinion. If you allow a kid to walk out on all his teammates in the middle of the season what’s that tell your future kids? If he wanted to leave he should have had to sit out a year. Transfers are going to happen but now it’s like they just get to switch teams like AAU.
This transfer has me scratching my head. In no way, would anyone with any gumption about them think that this is okay. As a parent my child would no way walk out on his team like that. A team no less that my family has always played for and made relevant. The Turners helped make Jackson City relevant. All of them are tremendous athletes. But this transfer at this time is just not right.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:The biggest loop hole is that the KHSAA is a joke. Jackson City is a joke also in my opinion. If you allow a kid to walk out on all his teammates in the middle of the season what’s that tell your future kids? If he wanted to leave he should have had to sit out a year. Transfers are going to happen but now it’s like they just get to switch teams like AAU.

This could be one of the most foolish post I have ever seen.. I've only caught a couple of Jackson City's games this year and last, but from what I've seen this year is Turner was trying to do it all on his own. Jackson City's team reminded me of watching the Hughs boy at Riverside a few years back, not to knock any of Jackson's players they are just too young to make any kind of impact right now. Why would he stay? I don't know the Turner kid personally, but from reading posts and looking at stats the kid is a top ten player in almost every sport, so why stay at a school that isn't going to compete? 2+2=3 with your post..
I am to far out of the loop. Ive only veen to 2 games this year. Who is this kid? Size? Talent? Any info?
dore20 Wrote:I am to far out of the loop. Ive only veen to 2 games this year. Who is this kid? Size? Talent? Any info?

Junior, Point Guard. 5'11, 175, roughly. Was the most talented player on Jackson City's team. With him they lost to Breathitt by 13, without him they lost by 26. In his last game with Jackson City, he scored 28 against Knott County Central. That might have been when he thought he should be competing for Regional Championships....
This move was to better the kids future. It’s just that plain simple. There is no inbetween. Who doesn’t want to give there kid better opportunities?
StrictlyBusiness Wrote:This could be one of the most foolish post I have ever seen.. I've only caught a couple of Jackson City's games this year and last, but from what I've seen this year is Turner was trying to do it all on his own. Jackson City's team reminded me of watching the Hughs boy at Riverside a few years back, not to knock any of Jackson's players they are just too young to make any kind of impact right now. Why would he stay? I don't know the Turner kid personally, but from reading posts and looking at stats the kid is a top ten player in almost every sport, so why stay at a school that isn't going to compete? 2+2=3 with your post..

I don't think anyone is questioning why he is left, I think people are questioning the timing. I get it, kids want to play for championships, you can't knock the kid for this, but him leaving during the middle of the season, is what's leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. Especially, with the ties the Turner's have with the school. Personally, I can't see there being any way he is eligible to play basketball for Perry Central this year.
Why would he move if he isn't going to be eligible to play?

I don't understand why you guys are confused. KHSAA has let the rules/regs slide when it comes to transfers, especially for certain schools. The 14th region is famous for this crap.
I guess it would be fine if Stone, Keita, Caudill, Back, Andrew Doty, Payton Barnett, Kareem McDonald, Marquis Frazier, and Carlos Hernandez decided to transfer to Riverside Christian tomorrow. Yeah, that would be fair. And hey, Cameron Jones said he'll come back to play for that team and transfers tomorrow just for this basketball season. Yeah, what a joke that would be. But, apparently, it's possible. Crazy. Why not just form a super team. That's the players' message from this. Outraged to say the least. Hey, what if Stone decided to go to Powell. Something tells me that would not go over as easily. You think they wouldn't be the best team in the Region with him? They would. All of this is a joke. Completely Disappointed by both sides. Definitely rooting for Perry County Central to get destroyed in the Regional Tournament. Heck look at us, it took us forever to get Ohair eligible, and his mom lives in Estill and it was in the off-season. Similarly to Duke getting, I believe it was Bagley to reclassify and sign with Duke all in one week, just evil. Totally, frustrated.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I don't think anyone is questioning why he is left, I think people are questioning the timing. I get it, kids want to play for championships, you can't knock the kid for this, but him leaving during the middle of the season, is what's leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. Especially, with the ties the Turner's have with the school. Personally, I can't see there being any way he is eligible to play basketball for Perry Central this year.

Well he is eligible.
Ballmom1 Wrote:Why would he move if he isn't going to be eligible to play?

I don't understand why you guys are confused. KHSAA has let the rules/regs slide when it comes to transfers, especially for certain schools. The 14th region is famous for this crap.

He is playing, Jackson City released him.
The Ole Man Wrote:I guess it would be fine if Stone, Keita, Caudill, Back, Andrew Doty, Payton Barnett, Kareem McDonald, Marquis Frazier, and Carlos Hernandez decided to transfer to Riverside Christian tomorrow. Yeah, that would be fair. And hey, Cameron Jones said he'll come back to play for that team and transfers tomorrow just for this basketball season. Yeah, what a joke that would be. But, apparently, it's possible. Crazy. Why not just form a super team. That's the players' message from this. Outraged to say the least. Hey, what if Stone decided to go to Powell. Something tells me that would not go over as easily. You think they wouldn't be the best team in the Region with him? They would. All of this is a joke. Completely Disappointed by both sides. Definitely rooting for Perry County Central to get destroyed in the Regional Tournament. Heck look at us, it took us forever to get Ohair eligible, and his mom lives in Estill and it was in the off-season. Similarly to Duke getting, I believe it was Bagley to reclassify and sign with Duke all in one week, just evil. Totally, frustrated.

Confusednicker: Tell us how you really feel.
If he is eligible to play basketball this year, the system is completely broken. I can understand him being eligible to play baseball in the spring, but transferring and being allowed to play in the middle of basketball season is crazy. I guess rules only apply to certain programs.
Let the kid play. Can't blame him for wanting to get away from Jackson City and/or Breathitt County. Sports on the high school level is dead in Breathitt County.
The Ole Man Wrote:Junior, Point Guard. 5'11, 175, roughly. Was the most talented player on Jackson City's team. With him they lost to Breathitt by 13, without him they lost by 26. In his last game with Jackson City, he scored 28 against Knott County Central. That might have been when he thought he should be competing for Regional Championships....

He may be 5'7" and that's stretching it. Can really shoot if he can get his shot off.
I think the majority of the people on here posting are Estill County fans and jealous that once again Perry is going to be sending you back to Irvine crying. Turner will easily be in the starting lineup within the next two weeks and will have to witness great Bonny crying off the floor.
zaga_fan Wrote:The transfer process has to take place for every transfer.

No school can just let a kid go somewhere and have him granted immediate eligibility.

Yes they can, Jackson City signs on a certain line on the transfer form that he didn't play and it never has to go to the KHSAA. They just put it in a file and he plays. They lie on the form for the kid. This is what most are talking about when they say they released him,a lie on the schools part.
People really couldn't complain if Stone did go to Powell County. He lives 3 mins from Powell County High School and has for 8 years now.
So if he moved it would be a legit transfer.
wannacat Wrote:Let the kid play. Can't blame him for wanting to get away from Jackson City and/or Breathitt County. Sports on the high school level is dead in Breathitt County.

You can in the middle of the season.
14th region fanman Wrote:People really couldn't complain if Stone did go to Powell County. He lives 3 mins from Powell County High School and has for 8 years now.
So if he moved it would be a legit transfer.

Yes, I totally agree. I would have stated that but I didn't want to air where he lived, for the sake of his privacy. That's my point, if Stone tried to transfer to Powell and Wolfe released him everyone would go crazy and KHSAA might step in. But, Turner transfers to a different County, in PCC and it's no big deal apparently. If hypothetically Stone transferred to the school district in which he lives, which would be legitimate, obviously, he would receive more backlash than Turner has for PCC. And Stone's transfer would be completely legitimate. Whereas Turner's was for winning and phony.
typical 14th region.
The Ole Man Wrote:Yes, I totally agree. I would have stated that but I didn't want to air where he lived, for the sake of his privacy. That's my point, if Stone tried to transfer to Powell and Wolfe released him everyone would go crazy and KHSAA might step in. But, Turner transfers to a different County, in PCC and it's no big deal apparently. If hypothetically Stone transferred to the school district in which he lives, which would be legitimate, obviously, he would receive more backlash than Turner has for PCC. And Stone's transfer would be completely legitimate. Whereas Turner's was for winning and phony.

I heard that Turner and his family moved to Perry, so how would that make him any different than Stone or O'Hair? Don't know the exact rules on this, but from every other player that I've known to switch addresses and schools they've gotten eligible. Since Turner moved that would put him in Perry's school district, correct?
Every kid has to go through the process now days. The kids parents moved from Jackson and have been moved awhile. I’m not sure why certain cases take longer but I’m sure it has to deal with each school not making it there priority.
But don’t the rules state that if you play 1minute at the Varsity level for a school, you cannot transfer during same season and play for another school for same sport??
roundballer Wrote:But don’t the rules state that if you play 1minute at the Varsity level for a school, you cannot transfer during same season and play for another school for same sport??

Believe that only applies if you don’t have a legitimate move..
Pages: 1 2