Knott is first.
LCC
PCC
Wolfe Co
Breathitt CO
Powell Co
Hazard
Hazard
knott is first and lcc or pcc is right behind them. but as for the clearing between the games. I feel you had good intentions but that was the most chaotic and stupid thing I have seen. Once I know you had good intentions about it but, it could of went a lot better. for one not paying again, you didn't have to do that. But besides that you did a great job with everything else and i have rarely seen it done much better.
I would say:
1.Knott
2.Hazard
3.Pcc
Ive never been to Lcc so I dont know about that one.
I like Perry Central's gym.
KCC's
1) LCC
2) PCC
3) KCC
4) Breathitt

Letcher Central's gym is by far the nicest in the 14th region. It has adequate seating, air conditioning, out of this world sound system, telescopic flag, 4 HUGE lockerrooms, medical exam room (looks like one in a hospital), training room, physical therapy room, automatic everything in the bathrooms, 3 seperate courts in the gym, elevators into the lower arena for handicap access, walking track/balconies around the upper arena, honestly too many things to list, one of a kind scoreboards for the 14th region which list each players number and each players individual stats on the scoreboard.

Perry Central's gym is HUGE. Plenty of parking and at a central location for the 14th region.

I know this is going to sound like I am knocking on KCC but I'm not.. But how can people honestly think it's the best gym in the 14th? It has a lot of seats and it has a clock on the backboard but thats honestly it in my opinion. The gym is outdated, it needs new bleachers, hand rails (they will about fall over in front of the student section), the locker room lighting is dull, the most handicap unfriendly gym in the 14th; it needs an elevator for fans to get the upper level, outdated concession area and bathrooms that aren't even labeled womens and mens. With the seating capacity aside, is it honestly the best gym in the 14th region? Sorry...I don't think so..

Breathitt's gym is adequate in size and it's unique style makes it stand out in the 14th region.. Love the ceiling and the ball floor.
letcher
LOL KCC the best Gym Period. Thats just commen sense
Arbys Man Wrote:LOL KCC the best Gym Period. Thats just commen sense

I think it's more of a bias than common sense. Please tell me, with the seating capacity and the backboard clocks aside, what makes KCC's gym on a whole other level than other gyms in the region such as Perry Central and Letcher Central?
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:I think it's more of a bias than common sense. Please tell me, with the seating capacity and the backboard clocks aside, what makes KCC's gym on a whole other level than other gyms in the region such as Perry Central and Letcher Central?

Comfort ( Chairback seats), Lighting, Media space, (LCC and PCC also very good), Fans away from playing area providing safety to both players and fans, scoreboard (4 sides allowing all fans to see from anywhere in gym) and the fact that renovation is ongoing! BTW LCC and PCC both have great facilities!
killerb Wrote:Comfort ( Chairback seats), Lighting, Media space, (LCC and PCC also very good), Fans away from playing area providing safety to both players and fans, scoreboard (4 sides allowing all fans to see from anywhere in gym) and the fact that renovation is ongoing! BTW LCC and PCC both have great facilities!

Yea, I will be the first to admit, chairback seats are nice; but not when you have to worry about whether they are going to break or not. They are old as the hills. I seen 5 of them break first hand during the girls region tournament. The lighting is mediocre nothing to really brag about. There is nothing special about the scoreboard. Perry Central has a four sided scoreboard, and with Letcher Central's gym layout-even though it is not four sided, they can also see both of their scoreboards from any position in the gym and theirs shows individual player stats. Don't get me wrong, KCC's gym is nice, it's just old. I don't see it being far above any other gym in the 14th by any means.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Yea, I will be the first to admit, chairback seats are nice; but not when you have to worry about whether they are going to break or not. They are old as the hills. I seen 5 of them break first hand during the girls region tournament. The lighting is mediocre nothing to really brag about. There is nothing special about the scoreboard. Perry Central has a four sided scoreboard, and with Letcher Central's gym layout-even though it is not four sided, they can also see both of their scoreboards from any position in the gym and theirs shows individual player stats. Don't get me wrong, KCC's gym is nice, it's just old. I don't see it being far above any other gym in the 14th by any means.

Stay away from drugs and you will live longer.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Stay away from drugs and you will live longer.

Yea thats being real mature... You Knott County people are partial to your gym and that is understandable anybody is partial to their home gym. But you'all just need to wake up and realize how outdated it is. When they renovate, then we'll talk. Until then......no......
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Yea thats being real mature... You Knott County people are partial to your gym and that is understandable anybody is partial to their home gym. But you'all just need to wake up and realize how outdated it is. When they renovate, then we'll talk. Until then......no......

LCC has a nice scoreboard and thats all they have.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Yea thats being real mature... You Knott County people are partial to your gym and that is understandable anybody is partial to their home gym. But you'all just need to wake up and realize how outdated it is. When they renovate, then we'll talk. Until then......no......

What's outdated?
KCC
The concessions and bathrooms are hard to get to. Bathrooms have no signs on them. Limited access for handicapped people. I would love to see them open up the concession area to see the game.

I love their gym but with a few changes it would make it the best without question.
Powell County All The Way
Windsprint Wrote:Well Blue n gold. It appears that you are a very unhappy person. You almost always comment on the negatives instead of the positives, Instead of wondering about what would have happened if it had been raining----why not consider yourself to have been blessed with good weather and good enough health to attend the games. Was it inconvienent? certainly somewhat. Was it better for allowing the fans that were there for the 2nd game to have the opportunity to sit behind their teams as you most surely did in the 1st game. Let us be reminded that the tournament is for the 14-18 year old kids that are playing in it. If you are so inconvienenced --then you have the option of staying home and listening to it on the radio. Be positive and above all be blessed that you live in a country where freedom is still the most important thing. These kids that are participating are having a ball---let them enjoy it and let them see positive comments about one of the greatest experiences in their young lives.All to soon they will be entering the REAL world of work, taxes, family sickness, and so on. No need to bring up negatives now, So, tonight , just go and sit and enjoy the true meaning of sport as two great teams battle for the right to make the trip to RUPP. And by the way----I have been there ( Rupp) and you can rest assured that you are being treated just as well at LCC as you would be down there

wow...lol
A Decent Lineman Wrote:wow...lol

Hope that made em feel better. Smile