Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central Vs Shelby Valley
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Sorry but I don't think that all of PCC's players could take Valley's straight up like stated above, if they could, Valley wouldn't score, and wouldn't have a chance to win, hmm, didn't Valley win at Valley? Well, kind of ruins that straight up theory. Sally Roberts can't be guarded by PCC, nor by any team in the region, she is way too fast, and Esther, she is WAY to smart of a player.

somehow i don't find putting your head down and going straight the the bucket "smart". haley is much more skilled and has the control and vision to lead PC to a victory.
BleedsBlue Wrote:tsk.tsk.tsk......you must have missed the game at PCCHS against SV last month then or you'd know that your opinion on the straight up is incorrect. BUT kudos for your thoughts.... I agree with you in the fact that Sally and Esther (along with Cantrell) are good but so are about SEVEN of PC's players. This will be a good game to watch. Smile I'm hoping that the Hawks take it all the way to the big city of BG!!!!

Yea well i was there & SV played the worst game the had played all season[but every team has those kind of games] & plus Kayla Cantrell was sick!!!- & oh yea the refs were aweful! & in case you didn't watch the game on Monday night when Valley played p-ville Laura Perkins played a really awesome game..& when she is having a good game she's just as good as our other players so i would look out for her as well!--Don't get me wrong thou PCC has an awesome team because of Haley..but if Valley plays like the did Monday night i do believe that the could have this one in the bag!
SV40 Wrote:Yea well i was there & SV played the worst game the had played all season[but every team has those kind of games] & plus Kayla Cantrell was sick!!!- & oh yea the refs were aweful! & in case you didn't watch the game on Monday night when Valley played p-ville Laura Perkins played a really awesome game..& when she is having a good game she's just as good as our other players so i would look out for her as well!--Don't get me wrong thou PCC has an awesome team because of Haley..but if Valley plays like the did Monday night i do believe that the could have this one in the bag!

PC PLAYED THE WORST GAME I HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY WHEN THEY PLAYED SV AT SV
REFS WERE AWFUL WHEN PC PLAYED SV AT SV.
HALEY ISNT THE ONLY REASON PC IS GOOD!
ESTHER IS NOT THE ONLY REASON SV IS GOOD
Like Valley did monday night if they let PC make a 10-0 run then it will be all over for The Lady Kats
all-or-nothing Wrote:This game will be OUTSTANDING. It will come down to who plays team ball with more HEART! Two great teams with great girls. I can't wait. Good luck to both teams, but I'm going with Valley in a barn-burner. We probably do match up pretty evenly, but Courtney Smallwood is bringing it. Just try to do something with her!

I agree with you! Courtney has to be tough and score. Brooke Coleman has to be tough also. Good Luck to both teams!!!!!!
they can't do anything with centrals girls. Smallwood couldnt handle ad and kayla lowe earlier this season, what makes you think they can now? As for brooke Centrals Jv Post could handle her in the post SO I THINK KAYLA AND AD CAN HANDLE THAT ONE!

WHY DOESNT THE OTHER TWIN KAYLA EVER GET ANY CREDIT??
I picked central in this one! On another note I think Lowe doesnt get the recognition she deserves either, plus I honestly don't think I've ever seen her as a post player set down there on the post and make a play?? Same as Fleming being a guard for valley never seen her really try to shoot the ball or pull up off the dribble??
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:YEA WELL PCC GUARD SALLY PRETTY GOOD AT PC! AND DIDNT PC BEAT SV AT PC?

yea and Valley also beat PCC and Valley
Lady Hawks all the way!!...Lowe, Ratliff, and Slone easily get double figures. I'm excited to watch this game though. I say it goes into Overtime, PC by 2. But this is just my prediction. GOOD LUCK to both teams!!
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:they can't do anything with centrals girls. Smallwood couldnt handle ad and kayla lowe earlier this season, what makes you think they can now? As for brooke Centrals Jv Post could handle her in the post SO I THINK KAYLA AND AD CAN HANDLE THAT ONE!

Okay, last question first - Kayla doesn't get credit because she doesn't get in the game enough. Right now, Courtney is playing more and playing better. Kayla has just as much potential - not enough playing time. And, Courtney has really stepped up in the last few games. Courtney can handle them now. You k now as well as I do that different players peak at different times and I'm just sayin this is HER time!

MY OPINION - If everyone is playing to their potential, Pike Central, Valley and Magoffin are EVEN and other factors like coaching, refs, fans, etc MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pike Central is way to deep on the bench look for Valley to get wore out at the end of the first half just as they did tonight against P-Ville...I think Valleys press will be broken varely easy if they go straght up full court...Valley has to worry about Lowe, Ratliff, Slone, K. Ratliff, Harris and the list goes on...While if PikeCentral can shut down Fleming...it will be over for Valley...Pike Central will be well rested while Valley will not...So we will see

PC by 6...

is PCC only worried about shuting down Esther?? if so the thats great cuz it will leave Roberts open all night & in case you haven't noticed Sally Roberts is the real deal no doubt about it she plays with heart on the court! And Cantrell has a really high percentage from the 3 pt. line & i have a feeling that she will be throwing them up tomorrow night! & all i have to say is that who ever plays with more heart & wants more is who is going to win this one Thursday!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:They were missing Slone and Haley and Lowe got into to quick fould trouble...
They were only missing Slone, because she was ineligible and she still should be. This will be a good game, Pike Central has a big advantage inside but I think that Fleming and Roberts is the best 2-3 combo in the region.
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:PC PLAYED THE WORST GAME I HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY WHEN THEY PLAYED SV AT SV
REFS WERE AWFUL WHEN PC PLAYED SV AT SV.
HALEY ISNT THE ONLY REASON PC IS GOOD!
ESTHER IS NOT THE ONLY REASON SV IS GOOD
All I heard is Wah Waah Waah.
SV40 Wrote:is PCC only worried about shuting down Esther?? if so the thats great cuz it will leave Roberts open all night & in case you haven't noticed Sally Roberts is the real deal no doubt about it she plays with heart on the court! And Cantrell has a really high percentage from the 3 pt. line & i have a feeling that she will be throwing them up tomorrow night! & all i have to say is that who ever plays with more heart & wants more is who is going to win this one Thursday!

never said Salley wasnt the real deal i realize this...but lets face the facts IF Fleming had not had 27 or how ever many odd points she had against P-Ville Valley would not be seating where the are right now...She is their prime weapon...Roberts and Cantrell work their majic SOMETIMES but most of their point come off of the fast break...
SV40 Wrote:Yea well i was there & SV played the worst game the had played all season[but every team has those kind of games] & plus Kayla Cantrell was sick!!!- & oh yea the refs were aweful! & in case you didn't watch the game on Monday night when Valley played p-ville Laura Perkins played a really awesome game..& when she is having a good game she's just as good as our other players so i would look out for her as well!--Don't get me wrong thou PCC has an awesome team because of Haley..but if Valley plays like the did Monday night i do believe that the could have this one in the bag!

Didn't SV shoot more foul shots than PC at PC? If the refs were that bad, the home team would have shot more, I would think.
PCC made 10 more field goals than SV in the last game. Free throws kept SV in the game. They should have beat them by 25 and I say that they will beat them this time by 15+.
PC has really been playing good lately
PC+10
PC by 7.
Larry Legend Wrote:They were only missing Slone, because she was ineligible and she still should be. This will be a good game, Pike Central has a big advantage inside but I think that Fleming and Roberts is the best 2-3 combo in the region.

sorry my post was a little intertwined lol i meant to post it this way...

Slone was ineligable the only one who did not play...

Ratliff and Lowe were on the bench most of the game for being in foul trouble...:thumpsup:
Valley by 4
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:they can't do anything with centrals girls. Smallwood couldnt handle ad and kayla lowe earlier this season, what makes you think they can now? As for brooke Centrals Jv Post could handle her in the post SO I THINK KAYLA AND AD CAN HANDLE THAT ONE!

Pc's Jv COULDNT handle brooke coleman! she had 17 pts against them!
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:As for brooke Centrals Jv Post could handle her in the post SO I THINK KAYLA AND AD CAN HANDLE THAT ONE!

Brooke took PC's JV postman to the hoop everytime for the basket and foul... I was there I saw it all!!! They can't guard her leftie!!! No one can!!!
Well In The Post She Didnt Score She Only Scored On Layups...some In The Post But Trust Me Ad And Kayla Could Guard Her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea When U No A Players A Leftie U Make Em Go To There Weak Hand! Her Right K-lowe And A=-slone Are Smart Enough To Do ThatSmile
I am going to go with Valley by 4!
Its going to be one heck of a game.
It wont be a blow out either way, but i am going to say SV by 2.

Fleming will lead her team to another Victory.
Sorry Pike Central, but i believe you're going down tonight!!!!

LETS GO LADY CATS!
Should be an excellent game! I will go with PC in this one.
PC - 67
SV - 58
catscratch24 Wrote:Its going to be one heck of a game.
It wont be a blow out either way, but i am going to say SV by 2.

Fleming will lead her team to another Victory.
Sorry Pike Central, but i believe you're going down tonight!!!!

LETS GO LADY CATS!

Agree
Its been a good, close game from what I'm hearing. I'm hoping for Valley, but as of right now its gonna be close...
-JON-